LG CX OLED Owners and Discussion Thread

gunner84

Distinguished Member
Here is a great video for how HGIG works.
I think I will just stick it on HGIG and forget about it, DTM on brightens screen but also blows out some specular highlights.
Between Off and HGIG, I notice HGIG shows a touch more detail in some areas. This was testing on games that don't technically support HGIG either.

kenshingintoki

Lol..I went with the C9 in the end after testing the Q90T, definitely a good upgrade bud!!

Could you explain the C9 vs Q90T and your findings? :)

Stretchy

Could you explain the C9 vs Q90T and your findings? :)
Hi. Sure no worries. For me personally, coming from a KS8000, which still has a fantastic picture, it was a few things, but mainly, it just didn’t seem as big jump as I’d hoped, I got it for about £400 less than RRP but it’s certainly not worth the initial £1999.

Build wise, excellent, it’s like a huge slab, the set-up was easy but I don’t like the extra ‘carousel’ that’s been added under the main home screen, certainly slowed it down & for me it was just noise, appreciate that a lot of systems are adding in more of the ‘Offered content’ but this was to much. I do like having the logos of plugged in equipment and picture/menu options were quick but similar to 4 years ago so nice and intuitive.

Sound is very good (I was replacing in advance of the Sonos arc so can’t comment on earc support but it does have it, only 1 HDMI 2.1 though.

Picture wise, very good blacks for an LED, bright picture but as I say, just a bit...ok ish...gaming was ok but bit of blur which is a known issue.

C9: For what is £100’s less, this is still the better set (as is the CX) as far as picture & options. Burn in concerns were one reason I was on the fence, but if content is mixed, don’t watch things with a stable bright image for hours every day for months then it should be fine, it’s a risk but what isnt.

Picture is great, even the other half noticed and she never notices, sound is ok, but pair with external for ATMOS passthrough etc if relevant content is fed. Out of to box, it’s a great image, reduce backlight to 50 dump down sharpness & all the usual pic stuff to turn off but it’s really great.
Hope that’s helps a bit, happy to answer anything, Q90T isn’t a bad set at all, it’s very good, but it’s a downgrade on last year, more expensive than C9/CX with less flexibility in my view.

gunner84

Distinguished Member
Also worth noting, the mounting holes are lower on the C9/CX vs the Q90T if anyone is going between the 2, just incase anyone is doing a straight bracket swap, may mean a higher position for the C9/CX depending on bracket. Q90T left C9 right.
Thoughts on the Sonos Arc please, have one on order, you have the sub as well?

Stretchy

Thoughts on the Sonos Arc please, have one on order, you have the sub as well?
Hi mate, sure no worries.

Firstly, coming from a Samsung HK850 im just glad the bloody thing doesn't turn itself off as soon as you turn your back on it!!!!:smashin:

Sound wise, very happy, side note on that, due to my positioning, I'm not making the best of the side speakers due to wall location, so a wider soundstage is very achievable in a less constrained space.

Some users have commented on bass issues when volume is running 50-60% high, personally I haven't really noticed anything, but Sonos did issue an update to address that recently, but still some folks are seeing issues. True play it with a iPhone earlier than a X if possible, for some reason X and up seems to set up a slightly worse sound.

Sound is great, like a wall but never overpowering, its a sound bar at the end of the day so its only going to be so good, but separation is great, I've yet to fully get the 'above atmos bubble' but its all down to set-up, location and seating. I am thinking of getting the sub just to underpin the sound but I would not say it is essential, best to try for a week or so first as it does kick out some weight on its own.

LG recently issued an update to allow C9/CX to manage LPCM which is great, but Sonos has yet to support it (it is coming) so this means than some apps running off Apple TV have issues pushing out dialogue on any 5.1 content, but Atmos sounds great as does any Atmos running through internal Apps which is passed as Dolby Digital +

Hope that helps?

kenshingintoki

I'm gearing up to press checkout on a 77'' OLED CX. Any nasty surprises without fixes which I should be aware of?

Kinda ready to retire my Panasonic 902B to the lounge now and put 3D duties to a dedicated PJ.

kenshingintoki

Where are you buying from?

Currys via Bluelightdiscount scheme do a good discount for NHS workers so considering them. Are you thinking of pulling the trigger too?

iangreasby

Currys via Bluelightdiscount scheme do a good discount for NHS workers so considering them. Are you thinking of pulling the trigger too?
I've been toying between 77 CX and 75 QLED for a few weeks. I would save at least £1,000 by going QLED but think I would miss deep blacks, no blooming and DV too much. I have finally decided on CX but will wait until it's £4,500 or lower.

Finbow

Hi. Sure no worries. For me personally, coming from a KS8000, which still has a fantastic picture, it was a few things, but mainly, it just didn’t seem as big jump as I’d hoped, I got it for about £400 less than RRP but it’s certainly not worth the initial £1999.

Build wise, excellent, it’s like a huge slab, the set-up was easy but I don’t like the extra ‘carousel’ that’s been added under the main home screen, certainly slowed it down & for me it was just noise, appreciate that a lot of systems are adding in more of the ‘Offered content’ but this was to much. I do like having the logos of plugged in equipment and picture/menu options were quick but similar to 4 years ago so nice and intuitive.

Sound is very good (I was replacing in advance of the Sonos arc so can’t comment on earc support but it does have it, only 1 HDMI 2.1 though.

Picture wise, very good blacks for an LED, bright picture but as I say, just a bit...ok ish...gaming was ok but bit of blur which is a known issue.

C9: For what is £100’s less, this is still the better set (as is the CX) as far as picture & options. Burn in concerns were one reason I was on the fence, but if content is mixed, don’t watch things with a stable bright image for hours every day for months then it should be fine, it’s a risk but what isnt.

Picture is great, even the other half noticed and she never notices, sound is ok, but pair with external for ATMOS passthrough etc if relevant content is fed. Out of to box, it’s a great image, reduce backlight to 50 dump down sharpness & all the usual pic stuff to turn off but it’s really great.
Hope that’s helps a bit, happy to answer anything, Q90T isn’t a bad set at all, it’s very good, but it’s a downgrade on last year, more expensive than C9/CX with less flexibility in my view.
Is it big upgrade from the KS??

Stretchy

Is it big upgrade from the KS??
Hi bud!!! I think for the right price it is, definitely noticeable in movies, mad max looks awesome, issue is KS is still a great pic, but this sort of reminds me of that nice natural leap when we got those I think, I’m happy with upgrade, sold KS for £350 so nice offset ya know?

Finbow

Hi bud!!! I think for the right price it is, definitely noticeable in movies, mad max looks awesome, issue is KS is still a great pic, but this sort of reminds me of that nice natural leap when we got those I think, I’m happy with upgrade, sold KS for £350 so nice offset ya know?
Indeed. I think the KS still has a remarkable picture. Blacks are especially good for an LED I think. Just got a bit of light bleed now so.... Always said I’d go Oled as soon as a sub 50” come out. Good excuse to upgrade.

Stretchy

Indeed. I think the KS still has a remarkable picture. Blacks are especially good for an LED I think. Just got a bit of light bleed now so.... Always said I’d go Oled as soon as a sub 50” come out. Good excuse to upgrade.
Yeah defo bud, it’s a good time to do it, mine started to to show a bit of LB in the lower right as well so figured it was a good time while it still had a bit of value in it.

kenshingintoki