LG CX OLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Yojimbo84

Now on my 6th replacement, and my second 65”... it’s just as bad as the others, if not worse. Red tint down the entire left side, horrible banding, grid patterns still visible on bright scenes. Plus the back of the tv is scratched up.

these TVs are dog sh*t, end of. Must be assembled by monkeys.

JetSetWilly45

Now on my 6th replacement, and my second 65”... it’s just as bad as the others, if not worse. Red tint down the entire left side, horrible banding, grid patterns still visible on bright scenes. Plus the back of the tv is scratched up.

these TVs are dog sh*t, end of. Must be assembled by monkeys.
Where are you buying them from?

JetSetWilly45

I have a belter of a queetion
Why on earth would you buy a top of the range tv with all the top tech only to switch it all off? Why not just buy a cheap 4k ultra tv?

Gersfan

John Lewis. I can’t possibly imagine it’s just a bad batch they’ve received. I’ve had replacements manufactured from December last year to March this year. All bad. Absolute joke for a tv this expensive
I got mine from currys and its ok, but if it broke i would switch brands this time. Panasonic were too expensive for me at the time..wasn't keen on Sony with the android OS

Yojimbo84

I got mine from currys and its ok, but if it broke i would switch brands this time. Panasonic were too expensive for me at the time..wasn't keen on Sony with the android OS
Cheers for the sensible response. Thing is I really don’t wanna switch brands as no other tv has all the features that these do. I’ve seen pristine looking screens from the CX range but unfortunately I haven’t personally owned one ... yet 😞

Gersfan

Cheers for the sensible response. Thing is I really don’t wanna switch brands as no other tv has all the features that these do. I’ve seen pristine looking screens from the CX range but unfortunately I haven’t personally owned one ... yet 😞
Can you not get a refund and shop elsewhere?

dannyjbee

Standard Member
John Lewis. I can’t possibly imagine it’s just a bad batch they’ve received. I’ve had replacements manufactured from December last year to March this year. All bad. Absolute joke for a tv this expensive
Sorry to hear about your sh*t tellys lam in Australia and have the c7 and cx awesome tv won't go back to led. Good luck.

gimpli

Wow! That is incredibly bad luck, Check the serial numbers if they replace it again, they could be sending you the same one haha, Or contact LG themselves, I think they’re still sending engineers out.

what the tech

Sorry to hear about the poor panels you have received. My CX has no uniformity issues. You have to be very careful with the set up of OLED TVs. I do assemble the stand first, before placing the panel flat down. I keep all the foam protective around the screen. So the panel isn't lying down on a hard surface. Then you need to make sure you don't put any pressure on the panel when fitting the stand or the bracket to the TV. When you lift the TV up, use the foam at the sides of the panel, and put one hand at the bottom of the unit to carry. Seen some scary unboxing on YouTube with OLED displays in the past 🙈

(You might have done all of these things)

Unfortunately when you pay for delivery it all depends on the delivery service. When my CX arrived the driver had it set up properly in the van, no dents in the box etc it was handled with care.

(If no issues on arrival)

Then your playing the panel lottery from here. I have been burnt many times in the past so I do understand your frustration here. When I get a bad panel I just go to a different model or brand.

I hear the Sony A90J is very clean, no tinting on the display and extremely accurate out of the box. The Panasonic Hz2000 again is free of tinting. Both models are very expensive, they might display minor banding, depending on the panel lottery of course.

What I will say is you definitely can get a CX with no banding etc. I have one but for you I would recommend another brand. And if you can pick up the TV from the store with click and collect. I would recommend this approach next. Good luck 🤞🏻

chenks

Why on earth would you buy a top of the range tv with all the top tech only to switch it all off? Why not just buy a cheap 4k ultra tv?

what "top tech" are people switching off?
most picture ehancements don't actually enhance the picture, they adjust it away from the accurate image. that's why most of them are turned off when you use the most accurate picture presets.

i suppose if we follow your line we could also ask why people turn off eco mode?

Last edited:

pongcaro

Standard Member
Sorry to hear your having such a bad time with your TVs. I got a 55 cx in Jan and it had a blemish on the left side and slight banding that could be seen on dark and grey content, I returned it and got another 55 cx and luckily this one seems to be perfect 🤞. To get 6 bad panels is terrible bad luck surely the next one will be a keeper.

chenks

6 faulty in a row seems strange.
are you sure you're getting a replacement each time? or is it the original TV just being repaired each time?

scratches on the back suggests it's not a new replacement.

do you have a record of the serial numbers of each of the 6?

creative-av

Is there a simple "How to" guide for testing a new CX for banding, tinting etc and do people usually do this immediately or do you have to use the tv for a number of hours before seeing any issues?

chenks

Is there a simple "How to" guide for testing a new CX for banding, tinting etc and do people usually do this immediately or do you have to use the tv for a number of hours before seeing any issues?

you need to use it for 200 hours (i think) before the panels settles.
even then, if you don't see anything during normal viewing then i wouldn't go looking for any issues.

pongcaro

Standard Member
If you don't see anything when watching what you normally watch then don't bother looking for it. You can just go onto YouTube and look at some 5% grey screens which can reveal banding.

creative-av

Thanks @chenks

So, to look out for would be any colour tinting or greyness on normal viewing? From the pics I see posted the banding issue seems to be more noticeable when running tests on the panel rather than normal viewing - is that correct? Sorry for the newbie questions - I have had my plasma for 11 years so a little rusty on what to look for and what to test!

Do I need to run any other tests in the standard or service menus?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors