LG CX OLED Owners and Discussion Thread

creative-av

They should price match, the 65 inch was €1599 over Easter in currys..how much did you pay?
I got RS to beat the Hughes price of £1519 so got it for £1499.

JL - By the time they checked my price match request both Hughes and the other stores had finished their discounts. Was lucky with RS that I sent them an email on Monday and the replied immediately saying they would beat the price and and allow me to order on Tuesday, which I did.

Thanks @pongcaro for confirming the Sonos setup

Gersfan

I got RS to beat the Hughes price of £1519 so got it for £1499.

JL - By the time they checked my price match request both Hughes and the other stores had finished their discounts. Was lucky with RS that I sent them an email on Monday and the replied immediately saying they would beat the price and and allow me to order on Tuesday, which I did.

Thanks @pongcaro for confirming the Sonos setup
Very good price, thats the cheapest I have seen someone get the 65 for

creative-av

Yeah. I was torn between the CX and the Sony AG9 but there was a £500 difference. I know for some that the better sound with the Sony and apparently better warranty is worth the difference but it just felt as though I couldn't justify that.

Most of the time the TV will be used for Sky Q, PS5 Gaming and UHD Movies and so for £1499 it was a bit hard to say no!

chenks

They should price match, the 65 inch was €1599 over Easter in currys..how much did you pay?

just a query but you always seem to post prices in euros € and not GBP £, you're in the UK so why euros?

Gersfan

just a query but you always seem to post prices in euros € and not GBP £, you're in the UK so why euros?
error, euros icon is right next to pound icon on my tablet.. i will say pounds next time just for you. The 65 inch was 1599 UK pounds

chenks

error, euros icon is right next to pound icon on my tablet.. i will say pounds next time just for you. The 65 inch was 1599 UK pounds

or 1846 euros?
see why saying euros or GBP is quite important?
don't say it for me, say it for the good of the rest of the community. not everyone is in the UK here.

what the tech

3) are there any pinned posts that can show recommended settings
Switch between Filmaker Mode and ISF Pro. Turn off eco modes, I have AI service: Off, OLED light to your liking

Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Colour and tint I left at default settings

Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Colour Gamut: Auto
Gamma: BT. 1886
Peak Brightness:Off
Colour Temperature: Warm2
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Smooth Gradation: Off
Black Level: Auto
Real Cinema: On
Motion Eye Care: Off
TruMotion: Off
OLED Motion Pro: Off

Night viewing: I have Filmaker Mode and I changed the Oled light to 40 and left the presets alone

My 55" CX is very clean no uniformity issues at all. Don't be worrying about the screen burn issues and just enjoy the TV. You have experience with Plasma screens. So you know to switch the content around. Red and yellow logos should be avoided as much as possible. Same can be said for subtitles. Enjoy 👍🏻

JetSetWilly45

Yeah. I was torn between the CX and the Sony AG9 but there was a £500 difference. I know for some that the better sound with the Sony and apparently better warranty is worth the difference but it just felt as though I couldn't justify that.

Most of the time the TV will be used for Sky Q, PS5 Gaming and UHD Movies and so for £1499 it was a bit hard to say no!
The Sony AG9 you said you were going to buy is 2 years old if I'm right, they are dropping the prices on those but little by little. Movies are great on the CX which is 90% of what I view

maby66

I've had my 65CX for a little while now, and am happy with pretty much everything, but have a couple of niggly questions.

When I took delivery and set it up, I didn't put any thought into which device was best served by connecting to specific ports, and a few months down the road I'm thinking I should revisit/check what I have plugged in and where.

My devices are as follows:
Xbox One X (not series X) - HDMI
Panasonic Blue Ray Player - HDMI
Xbox 360 - HDMI
Android T95Z box - HDMI

From memory I think it's Xbox One X HDMI1, Blu Ray HDMI2, Android box HDMI3 and Xbox 360 HDMI4.
I then have an LG SPK8 sound bar fed via an optical connection from the 65CX, and have the wireless rear speaker add ons from LG to make the set.
I don't have Sky or any other broadcast/streaming device, and at this point I'm not likely to get one.

Should I be running these devices into different ports/changing how any are fed in order to maximise the capabilities of the set/speakers?

Second question is with regards the catch up apps - I saw the recent announcement that 2021 models would get a full suite of catch up apps sand was wondering if there was any feeling around additional updates to our CX - UKTV Play would be very useful, as would All 4.

Thanks in advance.

chenks

I have read through a lot of posts on here and only seen people mention unplugging the tv for a reboot or try to solve an issue, none of which he mentioned when he said switch the tv off. Personally I use the power off button which turns my tv off

regadless, some people DO physically power off TVs every night, therefore it's prudent to say the pixel refresh will only run when the TV is in standby, and will miss the scheduled refresh if the TV is powered off.

if you read every post in this thread you'll come across at least 1 person that got caught out by this as they were physically powering off. feel free to re-read all 556 pages of posts to find it.

JetSetWilly45

I've had my 65CX for a little while now, and am happy with pretty much everything, but have a couple of niggly questions.

When I took delivery and set it up, I didn't put any thought into which device was best served by connecting to specific ports, and a few months down the road I'm thinking I should revisit/check what I have plugged in and where.

My devices are as follows:
Xbox One X (not series X) - HDMI
Panasonic Blue Ray Player - HDMI
Xbox 360 - HDMI
Android T95Z box - HDMI

From memory I think it's Xbox One X HDMI1, Blu Ray HDMI2, Android box HDMI3 and Xbox 360 HDMI4.
I then have an LG SPK8 sound bar fed via an optical connection from the 65CX, and have the wireless rear speaker add ons from LG to make the set.
I don't have Sky or any other broadcast/streaming device, and at this point I'm not likely to get one.

Should I be running these devices into different ports/changing how any are fed in order to maximise the capabilities of the set/speakers?

Second question is with regards the catch up apps - I saw the recent announcement that 2021 models would get a full suite of catch up apps sand was wondering if there was any feeling around additional updates to our CX - UKTV Play would be very useful, as would All 4.

Thanks in advance.
The only thing would be HDMI 2 on the CX is the only HDMi port with ARC. The catch up apps I would think they might add them to the app store at some point

reecie

I've got a 48CX, Xbox Series X, Apple 4K TV and a Sonos Beam. I'd say if you just want to play sound out the Beam then I currently have no issues. But (wait for it)...
  • Firstly before the previous firmware on the 48CX the CEC at start up of the Xbox would power on the tv, switch to the Xbox HDMI then decide to flip to the ATV HDMI and turn that on as well. So then you had to switch everything back. Luckily as I said the latest two firmwares no longer do that.
  • If you want to mute the Beam and play Xbox with headphones then you get first world problems. I hate that the mute icon can not be removed. Like really hate it as that is the root of the rest of the issues. If the tv and Xbox are off and the Beam muted then turning on the Xbox and tv unmutes the Beam. You then go through the rigmarole of muting the Beam. Since you don't want a red mute icon you need to turn down the Beam using the LG remote. This seems to be random as to how many presses will do this. Or even if continual pressing will ever do it at times. Ditto when trying the LG remote mute button.
  • I've had to work around this by trial and error. So then the easy way is to say "Alexa mute" which mutes the Beam but then brings up the on screen mute icon. So then you have to up the volume one press to remove the mute followed by one press down to mute the Beam which does not bring the icon up. The kicker is then that if you do this whilst at the dashboard starting a game can then un-mute the Beam and you are back to square one. Though often where a couple of vol down presses now works.
  • With my previous Sony tv I had all the same kit connected. I could just mute the Beam via remote or via Alexa it would do it and the mute symbol went after a couple of seconds. All the above crap experience is due to the LG implementation!
Suffice to say I love the tv for gaming but the above is just irritating. Still if anyone has a solution I am all ears.

JetSetWilly45

Attachments

• tenor (3).gif
    tenor (3).gif
    47.8 KB · Views: 8

iiBoyley

I've got a 48CX, Xbox Series X, Apple 4K TV and a Sonos Beam. I'd say if you just want to play sound out the Beam then I currently have no issues. But (wait for it)...
  • Firstly before the previous firmware on the 48CX the CEC at start up of the Xbox would power on the tv, switch to the Xbox HDMI then decide to flip to the ATV HDMI and turn that on as well. So then you had to switch everything back. Luckily as I said the latest two firmwares no longer do that.
  • If you want to mute the Beam and play Xbox with headphones then you get first world problems. I hate that the mute icon can not be removed. Like really hate it as that is the root of the rest of the issues. If the tv and Xbox are off and the Beam muted then turning on the Xbox and tv unmutes the Beam. You then go through the rigmarole of muting the Beam. Since you don't want a red mute icon you need to turn down the Beam using the LG remote. This seems to be random as to how many presses will do this. Or even if continual pressing will ever do it at times. Ditto when trying the LG remote mute button.
  • I've had to work around this by trial and error. So then the easy way is to say "Alexa mute" which mutes the Beam but then brings up the on screen mute icon. So then you have to up the volume one press to remove the mute followed by one press down to mute the Beam which does not bring the icon up. The kicker is then that if you do this whilst at the dashboard starting a game can then un-mute the Beam and you are back to square one. Though often where a couple of vol down presses now works.
  • With my previous Sony tv I had all the same kit connected. I could just mute the Beam via remote or via Alexa it would do it and the mute symbol went after a couple of seconds. All the above crap experience is due to the LG implementation!
Suffice to say I love the tv for gaming but the above is just irritating. Still if anyone has a solution I am all ears.
I have a SONOS Arc so not exactly apples to apples but still a similar product from the same manufacturer

Never encountered the first issue (My inputs are XSX, Arc, UB820, PS5)

Second point - i game with headphones on, i just lower the volume down as opposed to muting it. I have OCD and go to the point of lowering the volume to just above muted, so that the sonos product doesnt have a green light on top - indicating that it is muted :)

arenaman

Tidied Can the giraffes please wind their necks in and be nice to each other, thanks

Fansari

Hi, Chaps, not sure if this has been discussed before, tried to find it but didn't see much.
So, I am having this problem since getting the 77CX. My initial setup was, SKYQ, bluray, chromecast to AVR and AVR goes to LG via the eARC and life should have been good.
What I want: manual control of when I want my AVR to turn on and off. I don't want to watch TV via the home theatre and TV speakers do fine for that.
What is happening: When I turn on the TV and SKY-Q, I don't get any sound via the TV (and no picture at times) and then it turns on the AVR itself and the sounds starts flowing. I turn the AVR off and then TV takes the sound.
This is annoying to do all the time. I contacted LG and they suggested connecting SKYQ to another HDMI port (AVR is on HDMI-2) which I did and guess what STILL THE SAME. I have tried disabling SIMPLINK but it bloody gets activated automatically. I have played with the settings and also disabled QuickStart+ but nothing seems to help. Also played with the settings on the AVR with HDMI control, but still the same result.
This wasn't the case on my earlier Panasonic Viera and life was easy, but LG is doing something weird with the AVR and the HDMI control.
Anyone else has had this or what is the possible solution? any advice would be great. I was thinking to contact LG again and see what they say this time.

nosuchthingasa

Hi, Chaps, not sure if this has been discussed before, tried to find it but didn't see much.
So, I am having this problem since getting the 77CX. My initial setup was, SKYQ, bluray, chromecast to AVR and AVR goes to LG via the eARC and life should have been good.
What I want: manual control of when I want my AVR to turn on and off. I don't want to watch TV via the home theatre and TV speakers do fine for that.
What is happening: When I turn on the TV and SKY-Q, I don't get any sound via the TV (and no picture at times) and then it turns on the AVR itself and the sounds starts flowing. I turn the AVR off and then TV takes the sound.
This is annoying to do all the time. I contacted LG and they suggested connecting SKYQ to another HDMI port (AVR is on HDMI-2) which I did and guess what STILL THE SAME. I have tried disabling SIMPLINK but it bloody gets activated automatically. I have played with the settings and also disabled QuickStart+ but nothing seems to help. Also played with the settings on the AVR with HDMI control, but still the same result.
This wasn't the case on my earlier Panasonic Viera and life was easy, but LG is doing something weird with the AVR and the HDMI control.
Anyone else has had this or what is the possible solution? any advice would be great. I was thinking to contact LG again and see what they say this time.
AVR to HDMI-2 with an appropriate cable is correct. But, I have all my equipment plugged into the other LG HDMI inputs. I also have SIMPLINK enabled for everything.

I also like to watch the evening news without the amplifier on. I make sure that the last thing I switch on or off is the television.

reecie

I have a SONOS Arc so not exactly apples to apples but still a similar product from the same manufacturer

Never encountered the first issue (My inputs are XSX, Arc, UB820, PS5)

Second point - i game with headphones on, i just lower the volume down as opposed to muting it. I have OCD and go to the point of lowering the volume to just above muted, so that the sonos product doesnt have a green light on top - indicating that it is muted :)
The issue there for me is that the volume up and down via the LG remote seems to have such random spacing per press, as I said above, so the mute method is a lot quicker. You have no on screen visualisation of where the volume is with the Beam so it is all guess work. “Alexa set volume to 1” etc also works but again where that is on the actual scale when using the remote, as opposed to the actual volume output, is anyone’s guess. As you might imagine I have done this to death trying to find a better fix.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors