LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

How can I check on the hours used on my 77CX

if you are outside the US then you need to go into the service menu.
within the US i believe it's in the settings support menu (see video showing the settings screen)

I don't believe Cheltenham has moved to the US!
:thumbsup:

Not knowing where the OP is from I gave the answer for both regions (US and non-US), which will help if someone else looks for the answer

How can I check on the hours used on my 77CX
As you are in the UK and as said earlier you need a Service Remote.
Do a search for 'MKJ39170828 Service Remote Control for LG TV.'
You should be able to pick one up for around £6.

Not knowing where the OP is from I gave the answer for both regions (US and non-US), which will help if someone else looks for the answer
You didn't know because you didn't look.
The info is there for everyone to see.

I prefer the personal touch, replying to the original poster, i.e., @Tristan45.

But is my comment an issue for you?
Really?

:rolleyes:

Or if you have a Logitech harmony remote there is a preset programmable button for it

You didn't know because you didn't look.
The info is there for everyone to see.

I prefer the personal touch, replying to the original poster, i.e., @Tristan45.

But is my comment an issue for you?
Really?

:rolleyes:

No issue from me. The answer i gave the OP was full and correct, which didn't require me to know where anyone lives. My stalker tendencies are low.

Anyone know how to block or ignore? Does the forum have an ignore option so you don't see the person's posts?
Click on the individuals name. The ignore button is in the pop up.

Last edited by a moderator:
preparing the TV for collection and as i've alwasy had it vesa mounted this is my first attempt at trying to fit the table stand.

how does this actually fit? following the instructions results in the bottom 2 screws of the part that fits to the TV not being long enough, the plastic part of the stand isn't sitting flush to the TV, only the top 2 screws connect and screw in.

it's as if the metal part is stopping the mount fitting properly - the metal part is secured correctly as it's dictated by the 3 screws it uses.

if i remove the metal part completely the plastic part of the stand fits correctly.

am i missing something obvious?
My tv was mounted on the wall,they came and took it off and removed the brackets..I think i have still got the stand because they didn't take it or the remote.i had no box either

Hopefully gets secured in the van properly, well you done everything you could so rest is up to them.

At least you got the loan TV, better then a blank wall or conversion with the dog
I was sitting watching mine when they arrived 😀😀 but I thought they were going to check the tv out firstbefore deciding if it needed taken for repair

Hopefully it's a HDMI issues fix, not that mines playing again.
Series X, sky q and new AVR Denon x3700 are playing well together since i cut the power to them for 10 mins
Spoke to denon as had same similar issue ,they told me to assign cd input to hdmi 2 as its nearer the monitor 1 input and the information for handshake issue, has less distance to travel along motherboard , have to say all is working normal 2days later , keeping fingers crossed

@chenks and @Juan12727
Cut it out both of you please otherwise you’ll be put on leave from this thread

@chenks you are close to getting pushed. Please read the forum rules regards name calling.

Off topic but only found out that if your a skyQ customer you can get 12 months free discovery +

31 year old Robocop 2 off the Nvidia Shield Pro+Plex, Murphy's Veins pulsate with detail of the LG CX

DSC_2697 - Copy.JPG

Your picture looks much better than mine, yours looks excellent

Its perhaps the Nvidia shield Pro it has an excellent upscaler tech built in

What picture setting do you use?

Filmmaker mode (User)

Oled 35
Contrast 96
Brightness 58
Sharpness 10
Colour 50
Tint 0

Advanced controls:
Dynamic contrast off
Super res off
colour gamut auto
gamma 2.4
peak brightness off

Picture options
noise reduction off
mpeg noise reduction off
smooth gradation off
black level auto
real cinema on by default and greyed out
motion eye care off
truemotion off

This is with brightness & contrast fine tweaked with the test patterns so I get spot on brightness and contrast levels, pitch black room also helps excel the OLED naturally.

Source : 1080p, 4.4gig mkv file

Does anyone experiences any issues with the HDR loosing brightness? I believe this was an issue in the past that was fixed but I’ve just got it today :| Yesterday everything was fine but today on every HDR mode the screen is dimmed!

Filmmaker mode (User)

Oled 35
Contrast 96
Brightness 58
Sharpness 10
Colour 50
Tint 0

Advanced controls:
Dynamic contrast off
Super res off
colour gamut auto
gamma 2.4
peak brightness off

Picture options
noise reduction off
mpeg noise reduction off
smooth gradation off
black level auto
motion eye care off
truemotion off

This is with brightness & contrast fine tweaked with the test patterns so I get spot on brightness and contrast levels, pitch black room also helps excel the OLED naturally.

I watched it sky q the other month and thought how great it looked for age on the CX..
Brightness 58 wow I've never seen an oled with brightness setting that high.
Tbf its hard to set the correct brightness level on oled with test patterns, I found the best way to use a 0% and 1% full field test pattern in a pitch black room.
Adjust till 1% is just visible then check for any glow on 0%, if there's any glow drop brightness a click till its gone

Filmmaker mode (User)

Oled 35
Contrast 96
Brightness 58
Sharpness 10
Colour 50
Tint 0

Advanced controls:
Dynamic contrast off
Super res off
colour gamut auto
gamma 2.4
peak brightness off

Picture options
noise reduction off
mpeg noise reduction off
smooth gradation off
black level auto
motion eye care off
truemotion off

As @Parry said, brightness 58 doesn’t seem right. Surely your blacks are more light grey at that level?

Your picture looks much better than mine, yours looks excellent
If you take pictures on your phone, the quality will always look really good.

The film maker mode his set up is also extremely dark, his OLED is 35 and the only way even watching the TV that way would be in a complete pitch black environment.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom