LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

That would worry me. Did you try using a different HDMI cable?

btw. do we have a dedicated thread for uniformity pics?
I'm asking because since checking a full white screen (dumb idea doing that) on my new 65CX6 I can't get the pink hue on the left half of the screen out of my head and might have to send it back.
How happy are folks here with the uniformity of their sets?
I’m not too worried as, from investigating further, it looks like its an issue specific to the nVidia Shield and a recents firmware update:

No green screen issues with my shield

btw. do we have a dedicated thread for uniformity pics?
I'm asking because since checking a full white screen (dumb idea doing that) on my new 65CX6 I can't get the pink hue on the left half of the screen out of my head and might have to send it back.
How happy are folks here with the uniformity of their sets?

Check out this one: Oled Yellow/Red Tint

Personally I'd only consider sending it back if it's bothering you when watching regular content, but judging from that thead there's always a risk your replacement might be worse with banding etc.

Watching the FA Cup in HDR via Xbox Series X and not sure I’ve got the picture settings quite right. I use Cinema Home as I watch in a bright room. Should I just leave all settings to default? What should colour gamut be set to? Thanks.

Hi All
Any good radio station apps in the LG Content Store?, cant seem to find Tune In Radio , Radio player etc....have them on the Sonos app but none seem to be on the LG Store

Cheers

Having fairly big issues with my set today (I think).

So last night my Xbox Series X stopped working in 10 bit mode, that is to say when I tried to play any game with HDR enabled the TV would just show no signal. If I disabled HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour for that input, the games would start. I tried all the available resolutions and frame rates.

So this morning, as I’ve had so many issues with this TV solved by doing a full reset, I decided to do that.

Now CEC does not work at all, on any input. I also can not get HDMI ARC to work. Which I believe is part of CEC. The Xbox issue is now slightly worse because it fails to pass almost all the TV checks. Simplink and ARC has been enabled in the TV settings after the reset.

Weirdly the Xbox Series X will play games in HDR when connected directly to the AVR. But by doing that I lose VRR and 120Hz support. That in itself is strange because I can’t get it to work directly plugged into the TV even with both of those settings off.

Any ideas from anyone? Or is this get onto Currys time?

Last edited:
Not an answer i"m afraid , but there seem to be a fair few issues with the X Box, PS5 lately....

Cheers

Watching the FA Cup in HDR via Xbox Series X and not sure I’ve got the picture settings quite right. I use Cinema Home as I watch in a bright room. Should I just leave all settings to default? What should colour gamut be set to? Thanks.

No I would mirror the normal cinema settings but it will still be brighter than cinema. Cinema home is not accurate.

Hi, I cannot use Airplay as I'm using an Android phone - the Google Pixel 4.

I can't believe I have bought a 2020 premium TV - the LG OLED55CX, and I cannot find a way to cast to it? Grateful for any advice please.

My original post:

Grateful for assistance please. I have gone from a C7 to a CX. On the C7 I could use the built-in Screen Share app (found in the row of apps on the Home screen) to mirror/cast from my Android phone (Pixel 4) to the C7. Screen Share looked like the attached image on the C7:

1607962710463.png

I cannot find the same functionality in the CX and am getting very frustrated. I though perhaps it's an app that needs to be downloaded from the LG app store but its not there. What am I missing please? Grateful for advice.

The Home Dashboard of the CX also does not have any sign of Screen Share.

I have the Screen Cast function on my Android phone, clicking on that that brings up all the devices I have that can be casted to, including a Google Chromecast Ultra, but the CX television does not appear on that list. The CX is connected via ethernet to my home network.

Please can someone help. How are Android phone users casting/mirroring to the CX?

Thank you.
Hi
Did you ever find an answer....as I am also mystified, having changed from B7 to CX as to why it doesn’t have screen share any more.

Just realised the latest firmware has fixed the issue where the volume on the magic remote would change the volume on my Denon amp by 2 increments at a time instead of one. Bonus.

Aside from the issue I had with the tv switching on in the middle of the night,

It’s now taking forever to switch on! Anyone having around a 30 second wait from turning on to any picture appearing? The volume bar appears fairly early on but nothing else!

Last edited:

It’s now taking forever to switch on! Anyone having around a 30 second wait from turning on to any picture appearing? The volume bar appears fairly early on but nothing else!
No, never happened.

It sounds you do have a faulty unit.

Well go to watch the TV and spot another line so did a 5% test and get the below, looks like a random square on either side of the screen. Had the weird lines last weekend and now again this weekend. Last week was sorted after a manual pixel refresh. Hesitant in doing it again. Not sure if I should raise with John Lewis. Not watched anything that would cause that.

Any suggestions

IMG_20210123_175702.jpg

IMG_20210123_175801.jpg

I would run a pixel refresh.

If that does not fix it, call JL.
Thanks

The manual Hour one?

Going to watch it for tonight and see what happens once off after 4 hours.

Can't see what would be causing it as it just appears out of nowhere. TVs not been on all afternoon and only just turned it on an hour ago.

Well go to watch the TV and spot another line so did a 5% test and get the below, looks like a random square on either side of the screen. Had the weird lines last weekend and now again this weekend. Last week was sorted after a manual pixel refresh. Hesitant in doing it again. Not sure if I should raise with John Lewis. Not watched anything that would cause that.

Any suggestions

View attachment 1447191

View attachment 1447192

That is odd. Never seen one like that. It’s odd they are perfectly square also?! If you hadn’t said you hadn’t watched anything to cause it then I would of said it was image retention like it’s been displaying content that had bright boxes on both bottom corners.

Check out this one: Oled Yellow/Red Tint

Personally I'd only consider sending it back if it's bothering you when watching regular content, but judging from that thead there's always a risk your replacement might be worse with banding etc.
Thanks for the link.
Although only rather rather light, it is bothering to me, since I'm actively looking for it...
Of course I'm aware of the risk getting a set that is even worse. sigh

Thanks

The manual Hour one?

Going to watch it for tonight and see what happens once off after 4 hours.

Can't see what would be causing it as it just appears out of nowhere. TVs not been on all afternoon and only just turned it on an hour ago.
Yes, the long one.

Set it to run after turning off the TV.

When you turn it on tomorrow, check it again.

Good luck.

That is odd. Never seen one like that. It’s odd they are perfectly square also?! If you hadn’t said you hadn’t watched anything to cause it then I would of said it was image retention like it’s been displaying content that had bright boxes on both bottom corners.

Daughter watched a Tinkerbell movie this morning on Disney+ and maybe some Paw Patrol on Netflix. Nothing that would cause that from what I can tell.

Very weird.

turning on as in waking up from standby, or powering on from complete switch off?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom