LG CX OLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
:(

I would have thought the internal app would be free from raised blacks, everything I have read says the internal apps are fine now, no-one actually mentioned the apple tv app though.

I take it you are on the latest 3.21.16?
I need to correct myself. Blacks are not raised in the TV+ app. I know they were, but maybe that was with the 09 firmware and I hadn’t checked .16. Sorry about that.
Somewhat ironically it makes the Apple TV 4K the worst way to watch Apples own content.
A Firestick is fine, the TV app is fine, the ATV......errrr! Embarrassing really.

cobalt01

Novice Member
Anyone else having issues with the latest update? Prior to the update the tv and samsung q90r surround system was working fine (after a few issues when first for them in August). Since the update, after using apps and going back to live TV I get distorted sound (quiet and echo) from the soundbar on the channel that's already selected. If change channel it is fine. This seems to happen only over earc and if turn that feature off to standard arc, its fine. Both devices are up to date and was fine prior to the new update.

Winchesterclub

Hi All
when you go to the Quick Access Menu, can you actually go to the app that is is the 1-9 numbers or is it just an edit facility ?

Cheers

nrc2112

Novice Member
Christmas came early today! Absolutely loving it. Big jump from my Samsung UE55F8000. I was almost pooping bricks moving it due to how thin the screen is.

Haven't had too much of a chance to play with it as spent a lot of time wall mounting it. Mrs loves it but now wants to watch some TV so will try to mess around with some gaming etc tomorrow.

View attachment 1292309

View attachment 1292310
Hi champ! What stand is that? It looks great!

fluxedman

Hi All
when you go to the Quick Access Menu, can you actually go to the app that is is the 1-9 numbers or is it just an edit facility ?

Cheers

Quick access menu allows you to assign remote numbers buttons 1-8 to quick acess apps or hdmi sources.

To get started press 0 (quick access) button down for 3 seconds, then select the button number you want say 1 and select it and click ok then select the app or source short cut you want.

Once you are done press back button or wait few secs it will auto exit then hold number 1 button down for 3 secs and it will quick select what ever you selected ie xbox or virgin media box or youtube etc

This magic remote has lots of short cuts

You can hold down control icon button for 3 secs to quickly access Direct picture settings

Source button (in-between netflix and prime) for 3 secs quick access to dash board also

Few vids here to help:

Winchesterclub

Thanks VP/FM
I thought that was the case.... But had to check
thanks for letting me know

And thanks Flux that's a great help will take a lot at those videos Tech Giant to the rescue 😉

Cheers

Last edited:

babybearbarker

Hi all,

not sure if I have an issue with my new CX65 - occasionally I see a vertical pink line down the left quarter of the panel, seems to show on more lighter scenes but not always.

Anyone know if there’s something I can watch to check panel uniformity as concerned the panel may have a fault.

Blade 77

hello. I will buy cx 65'' tomorrow and i would like to know if Dolby Atmos can been passthrough, when viewing a movie from my pc's harddrive into my receiver?

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
Hi guys

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but does anyone know the difference, if any, of the two LG product codes below?

OLED65CX6LA from Currys

OLED65CX5LB from JL

I presume they are both the same units but one is the exclusive code to JL? Or could be wrong

S21

Hi guys

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but does anyone know the difference, if any, of the two LG product codes below?

OLED65CX6LA from Currys

OLED65CX5LB from JL

I presume they are both the same units but one is the exclusive code to JL? Or could be wrong
I think it's just a colour difference. Curry's one is silver I think.

STANNY08

Anybody else having WiFi connectivity issues since the latest update? It's got a connection and i can be happily watching YouTube, Netflix, Disney or Amazon, but then when I change from whatever I'm watching to another streaming app, it will say it has no internet connection, even tho the app I was watching previously is still working.
In order to get it working I have to disable the connection turn off the TV, turn it on then reactivate the connection. It's bloody annoying.

Blade 77

anybody knows if a movie in Atmos can be played through my wifi network with dolby atmos into cx and then passthrough into my denon receiver?

gunner84

Distinguished Member
I need to correct myself. Blacks are not raised in the TV+ app. I know they were, but maybe that was with the 09 firmware and I hadn’t checked .16. Sorry about that.
Somewhat ironically it makes the Apple TV 4K the worst way to watch Apples own content.
A Firestick is fine, the TV app is fine, the ATV......errrr! Embarrassing really.
Yeah I mean I have tried the internal apps in the past, but I here that you get increased bandwidth using the Apple box with Apple content vs the internal apps, unsure if there is a picture quality difference or how true that is.

I also like the Apple remote and speed of the Apple box.

mondozappa7

Last 03.21.16 change something in black levels?
Seems more deep and maybe a little bit 'crushy' than before, but maybe is an impression.
I have read that now blacks are a little bit below to the reference.
This means that now blacks crush and i can loss something in shadow details?

Last edited:

chenks

Hi guys

OLED65CX6LA from Currys

OLED65CX5LB from JL

the only difference is the colour of the stand.

low-def.

Hi all,

Since switching from a B7 to the CX is seem to be noticing constant lip sync issues on the built in Prime app - is anyone getting this?
I am using a Sonos Arc for the sound output via earc, so not sure if i shold be tweaking the sync on the Sonos app or on the tv?

Also, the Sonos app is often reporting the sound coming through as LCPM, which i don't think the B7 did.
If using a soundbar, what should the settings be in the CX menu's?

Tim7

Hi all,

Since switching from a B7 to the CX is seem to be noticing constant lip sync issues on the built in Prime app - is anyone getting this?
I am using a Sonos Arc for the sound output via earc, so not sure if i shold be tweaking the sync on the Sonos app or on the tv?

Also, the Sonos app is often reporting the sound coming through as LCPM, which i don't think the B7 did.
If using a soundbar, what should the settings be in the CX menu's?
Yep I have issues with some of the CX apps including Prime. Some content is fine and some is horrendously out of sync.

Blue Zee

I confirm some sound sync issues with Prime Video, although not exactly the same with different content.

No problems with other apps (HBO, Disney+, Netflix).

low-def.

Its awful! - seems to be everything I watch on Prime.

I see you are also using the Arc, how do you have the sound setup in the CX menu's?

Tim7

Its awful! - seems to be everything I watch on Prime.

I see you are also using the Arc, how do you have the sound setup in the CX menu's?
eARC on, sound on Pass Through.

Blue Zee

eARC off, passtrough off.

LG S7NY soundbar.

From the posts above, we may agree the problem may be the Prime Video app and not our TVs?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG offers best ever OLED prices - for one week only
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches Bravia XR A80J OLED TVs in Europe
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window