LG CX OLED Owners and Discussion Thread

chenks

I don't know if I just missed this with all the firmware talk recently but ITV Hub is now available in the app store. So it's just All4, My5 and the UKTV catchup missing I think.

yeah it was added a couple of months ago

Rolling Sly

I just got my update and dolby vision on streaming apps looks infinitely better! I was wondering though, i've had my brightness just under 50 as recommended to deal with the previous issues. Should i put my brightness back up to 50 or does anyone have any settings to recommend now some other areas don't have to be traded off to save the blacks?
You can put it back to 50 now. Raised blacks fixed. I noticed a significant improvement in PQ having it at 50 after the update.

Rolling Sly

Ha, this happened to my TV/Sky Q as well overnight around 6am which woke the wife up but not me :rolleyes: - now have to decide if leaving HDMI control ON is worth the divorce proceedings...
I had Sky Q do this to me before. Can be avoided by changing setting on Sky box. Settings —> Setup —> Preferences —> standby mode... change if to either Active or None. Eco is the problem.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
The TV that keeps on giving.. :lesson: ( are the TV settings in the home dashboard section ? )

Cheers
No, they’re in the settings menus.
Turning off the standby light doesn’t strike me as the best idea in the world. In the right circumstances turning off a connected device results in a black screen. With 0% black it’s impossible to know if the TV is on or off.
My old AV receiver used to result in exactly that. Without the standby light I’m certain I would have failed to turn it off more than once.

Winchesterclub

Yes thanks , as i said previously not something i am too worried about just getting to know my way around the set..

Cheers

chenks

what situation would cause the TV to be on but have a complete 0% black screen?

Tim7

No update yet for me. Still on 3.21.09

Sam

It’s just a handshake issue with the Sky Q box. Nothing wrong with your amp or TV. I have identical issues with those weird colours with both this set and my previous B6, with 2 different Sky Q boxes. The Sky Q handshake issues are well documented on the Sky forum, their boxes don’t seem to get on very well with numerous devices.

OK, thanks. Did you resolve it, or still have the issue?

ubistonk83

OK, thanks. Did you resolve it, or still have the issue?
No not resolved, still have intermittent issues. The Sky forum has massive threads with people having the same issues, all with completely different set ups. The one common denominator being the Sky Q box.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
what situation would cause the TV to be on but have a complete 0% black screen?
In my case a Yamaha RX-V381 with no sources powered up did it. I have no idea how common a scenario it could be, but there were several times when the standby light saved me from leaving the TV on overnight.
Thankfully the Marantz I have now triggers the art gallery screen savers.

Sam

No not resolved, still have intermittent issues. The Sky forum has massive threads with people having the same issues, all with completely different set ups. The one common denominator being the Sky Q box.
😒

Thanks for the info.

Vindepin

Standard Member
I usually have oled light on 90 for SDR, is that too bright ?

No update for my 48" yet

It depends on the content for me but that's quite high and you'll probably find it looks much better between 30-60 once you get used to it.

It generally looks better balanced if the brights/highlights aren't contrasted out of proportion in SDR content; especially older movies etc look great at lower oled levels. But of course, in the end it's all personal preference and much of it depends on the brightness of your room

Last edited:

markb1980

Not sure if it’s placebo but HDR away from gaming seems to look more punchy and vibrant to me after the new firmware 🤷‍♂️

King Tones

Distinguished Member
What's the latest FW Number?
I've not had any notifications of Updates since getting the TV

bazzz

Standard Member
Mine is 03.11.30
think this is the latest.....

That is the last FW update and is still listed on the LG FW page. But that update had a brightness issue, that since has been fixed. So the latest Update currently rolling out is 3.21.16 and it will be updated on the LG FW page in the coming days.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky announces huge original TV show and movie lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett