LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Would you be able to post a photo of the TV on the stand please. Might need to get one of these.
Here you go. Hopefully you can see how the TV stand just fits.

20200918_234718.jpg
20200918_234437.jpg

Sorry what do you mean?
It is greyed out but says "on"
I am conceived its my issue, the soap opera effect and Another sign of it is peoples lips when they speak, they move strangely and at first you think its because the audio is out of sync, but its not
Deblur is at 0 and dejudder 2, so can't be anything other than real cinema causing it??
Deblur 0 and dejudder 2 means you’re using TruMotiin and THIS will be what’s causing SOE. Turn motion processing off and SOE will no longer be present.

Here you go. Hopefully you can see how the TV stand just fits.

View attachment 1368216View attachment 1368217
Thank you! Wow it just fits perfectly. Waiting for Black Friday sales to order my TV but think this stand should help lift the TV over a Soundbar.

What are peoples thoughts on these sound of this TV? Is a sound bar needed? I currently have an old Sony system that I am just using the sub and 2 speakers with and wanted to get rid of it as the sub just looks ugly in our room.

Has there been or likely to be a fix for the freesync raised black level bug? and for anyone thats noticed it, is it that much of a issue?

I´m confused, don´t what to make of it.
All of a sudden all hdmi ports when dead, I think.
Have a satellite box. Tried it on all hdmi ports. Just nothing. Only a black screen.
It works fine on other tv´s I have.
To see if the ports are really ´dead´ I tried a Firestick I have.

When I turn on the tv on whatever hdmi port the satellite box is on nothing happens. Just the black screen. As a last resort I tried a Firestick. It shows, but only when the tv is turned on on the hdmi port the Firestick is on! Turning on the tv while on a different port and switching to the port the firestick is on result in a black screen.

So, the hdmi ports don´t seem to be ´dead´.
Could it be a software issue or do you have, if you experienced similar issues, a solution?

Well, after a reset everything seems to work again. Some glitch probably.

Please can anyone tell me if 48CX is good for watching football ?? There seems to be divided opinions about how good motion processing is with the 48CX !!

Hi,

can anyone tell me what Im doing wrong. I have klipsch fives wchich has an earc port. I thought by connecting a cable sound would come out.

However no sound. I have turned on Lg C9 eArc, set C9 to PCM as klipsch instructions say.

Klipsch say if no sound comes out make sure cec is turned on but I cannot find any option for this?

For anyone elsewho has had this problem, plugging in to hdmi 2 solved the problem. Nothing on the tv or LG websitesuggested this port was different from the others!!!!

Last edited:
Is it normal for OLEDs to have a slight blue tint when viewed off angle?

Please can anyone tell me if 48CX is good for watching football ?? There seems to be divided opinions about how good motion processing is with the 48CX !!
Not had any problems with motion on my CX, and I’ve recently upgraded from a plasma so honestly I don’t see an issue. But there are settings on the tv to improve motion if you do see any problems.

bottom line though, this tv is incredible

Im lookinat it now 180 degrees sideways no tint, those sort of things I tend to notice and bug the hell out of me.

really? That’s strange. If I view the tv straight on there’s no tint, but if I look at it from the left or right then there’s a blue tint on one half of the screen.

found this upon doing a google search

now yoh got me watching intensely , not a hint of blue tint unlike my sony which defin has a yellow tint(that was lcd)

so switched movies watching welcome to jumanji and yes there is ablue tint line down edge of the screen but I only see this looking straight on

Last edited:
Anyone know why I've suddenly got these weird symbols on my control panel menu.

I've also noticed the HDR and Dolby vision in the top right is coming out all weird characters too.

Language is all set to English.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0026.JPG
    DSC_0026.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC_0024.JPG
    DSC_0024.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 127
Anyone know why I've suddenly got these weird symbols on my control panel menu.

I've also noticed the HDR and Dolby vision in the top right is coming out all weird characters too.

Language is all set to English.

Thanks.
Someone else in this thread had that a while back. Can’t remember how it was resolved. But if you read back a few pages you might find it!

I would like to clarify something, does enabling AMD Freesync Premium drop picture quality on game mode when playing on the PS4 Pro?

From the questions I have asked in the past, the LGs motion processing is on par if not the same as Sonys motion processing(which is considered the best) so it should be smooth and decent playback in all sports.

now yoh got me watching intensely , not a hint of blue tint unlike my sony which defin has a yellow tint(that was lcd)

so switched movies watching welcome to jumanji and yes there is ablue tint line down edge of the screen but I only see this looking straight on
sorry to trigger the OCD! I know what it’s like.

huh, you see it looking straight on? I’m even more confused as I’ve found quite a few other posts on the web talking about how it’s inherent to oled when viewed from an angle. My tv viewed straight on is pretty much flawless as far as uniformity goes.

sorry to trigger the OCD! I know what it’s like.

huh, you see it looking straight on? I’m even more confused as I’ve found quite a few other posts on the web talking about how it’s inherent to oled when viewed from an angle. My tv viewed straight on is pretty much flawless as far as uniformity goes.

I have some pink tint on mine on the right side, only notice it at an angle, luckily it's not strong enough to effect the picture, some would not even notice its there.

any hdmi 2.1 cables out yet

Not that I have seen any certified ones at least, the latest hdmi cables tend to say they meet the hdmi 2.1 spec but I would suggest sticking to ones that also say Premium hdmi cables. Trusting Chinese/Asian hdmi manufacturers if they have even met the hdmi 2.1 spec when hdmi 2.1 devices don't exist feels also funky.

I think when it comes to Cables you don't always need to spend £50 or £100 and you maybe better off trying your existing HDMI cable and seeing if you can actually enable hdmi 2.1 features with it but I understand you may fancy getting a hdmi 2.1 cable with a pricey TV set.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom