lg cx no, hdr banner on netflix app

D

Deleted member 894200

hi everyone.
just noticed an issue of the inbuilt Netflix app
Dolby vision content flags the banner up in the top corner to let you know that the content is infact Dolby vision,yet any uhd 4k content i select doesnt throw up the HDR banner anymore...it could be linked to the recent firmware update i done last week?
Amazon and Youtube footage both show therr respective content which the banner confirms,just not Netflix...anyone else came across this?
are Netflix duping us saying its UHD 4k when its not? lol.

If you haven't done-so already...

Try disconnecting the TV's power cord for between 30-60 seconds. Then re-connect and try again.

doesnt fix it no..unfortunately a power cycle not a fix for this issue.
ive got a live chat ongoing with a Netflix agent so will see what they have to say.

Dolby vision content flags the banner up in the top corner to let you know that the content is infact Dolby vision,yet any uhd 4k content i select doesnt throw up the HDR banner anymore...it could be linked to the recent firmware update i done last week?

4K UHD doesn't automatically mean HDR.
there can be 4k content without HDR.

also, if your device supports DV then you'll only every get DV, if your device doesn't support DV then you get HDR (if the content has it).

as stated in the first post uhd 4k content would trigger the banner.tv is compatible.
Netflix rep has replied that there is an issue on his system with this issue reported by users and is currently undergoing maintenance for it.he couldnt give a timeframe so just have to wait and see. cheers all that posted.

the response you got sounds like a "i'm gonna say whatever i need to to get you to go away", and it seems to have worked.

Last edited:
pretty much yes lol. thanks again for the input...very much appreciated

I take it that you still actually have Netflix's Premium subscription at £13.99 per month?

Anyway... Just-so-you-know...

Content encoded with Dolby Vision HDR, will trigger an 'Dolby Vision' logo at the top right of your LG television screen. Content encoded with regular HDR (10), will trigger an 'HDR' logo at the top right of your LG television screen. And content encoded with HLG HDR, will trigger an 'HLG HDR' logo at the top right of your LG television screen.

Last edited:
hi everyone.
Amazon and Youtube footage both show therr respective content which the banner confirms,just not Netflix...anyone else came across this?
I just checked and I do get Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, and 4K with Netflix in the UK.

I must admit that I'm somewhat confused as to what the issue is. The OP claims that the HDR flag is not showing when playing such content on Netflix but that the Dolby Vision flag does appear. In that case, everything is working as expected as all HDR content on Netflix is in Dolby Vision as far as I am aware, so if the LG TV supports Dolby Vision it will default to that. Unless I'm missing something here?

Last edited:
The OP claims that the HDR flag is not showing when playing such content on Netflix but that Dolby Vision flag does appear. In that case, everything is working as expected as all HDR content on Netflix is in Dolby Vision as far as I am aware, so if the LG TV supports Dolby Vision it will default to that. Unless I'm missing something here?

that's what i tried to tell them at the start, but they didn't want to listen.

I did forget to mention that I have a 65" LG OLED C1 with the latest firmware. So I can also confirm that the latest firmware did not break Netflix.

that's what i tried to tell them at the start, but they didn't want to listen.
Ah right, yeah I can see that now. Glad I wasn't the only one questioning this.

hi everyone.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom