LG CX magic remote battery low message

CmORE

Novice Member
Hi,

i'm getting since 3 monthes now the message that the battery level of may LG CX magic remote is low, but the magic remote works fine still to this day now.
Has anyone a tip how to deactivate this annoying message? Maybe in the service menu? Sorry if this has been a topic before but I couldn't find anything about it..

Kind regards

CmORE

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Why not just change the batteries and see if the low battery message disappears?
I would advise against accessing the service menu.

CmORE

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply and you are right, i will probably get rid of the message by changing the batterys.

But i would not prefer to buy new batterys, if the currently inserted original ones are still working fine. I mean, the message pops up since three monthes now and i used the remote pretty heavily since then. This tells me that either the sensor doesn't work correctly or the tolerance setting is way to high.

Sure, alternatetively i could try using rechargeable batterys to avoid always buying new ones.

But i would still like to ask if someone has seen an option, even in the service menu, to deactivate this message?

CatsWithThumbs

Standard Member
You could change for new batteries and then use the old ones for something less fussy/less able to nag you... this is what I do with my old ones until they really are dead :)

CmORE

Novice Member
Thank you for the reply. Yeah, thats the probably the only solution left, if it's not possible to deactivate the message.

And for the record:

Yesterday the batterys in my magic remote finally died - in September 2021! (These were still the original batterys, delivered with the Tv in July 2020.)

I haven't done the exact math, but it seems to me that there is a pretty decent chunk of life left in the batterys, when you receive the battery low message. I think, if this is standard, it should be fixed.
(For the customers wallet and the enviroment)

Or, at least, to give us an option to turn the message off.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom