LG CX/GX Wall mount - Electrical Outlet question.

Philw101

Hello all,

I hope you are well.

Trying to decide between an LG CX or GX - we will be mounting onto a wall but seeing as each of our rooms has electrical sockets and TV points at TV height we are not sure which TV would be best suited to use these. Ideally we would prefer not to have cables hanging down from the TV.

Any ideas? We have provided the photo of the wall in question (this is a dot and dab wall).

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210405_000903.jpg
    20210405_000903.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 169

Mallow 34

Novice Member
You will probably have seen the LG GX installation video by now and realise you will need a void for flush fit.
I’d move the sockets to the void and convert to a double power socket should you decide to later add a sound bar similar to Sonos Arc.
Have voids for hdmi in Wall and your sorted.
Surprised you’d consider GX against the improved and better value 2021 G1?
C1 or Cx nothing required to do other than bracket to the wall with voids in wall for hdmi. I would convert to double socket though.
The Hdmi socket that sticks straight out the back is annoying, but manageable.
I have the same decision, I would like the 77 G1 for its look, but fitting at the end of narrow room, so it’s flush nature is pointless. At least I’d know I suppose. 😂

chenks

You will probably have seen the LG GX installation video by now and realise you will need a void for flush fit.
I’d move the sockets to the void and convert to a double power socket should you decide to later add a sound bar similar to Sonos Arc.
Have voids for hdmi in Wall and your sorted.

this is definitely required if you go for the GX, as it's designed to sit entirely flush to the wall.

the CX is thick at the bottom and thin at the top, so if the OP didn't want to move the sockets they'd need to go for the CX.

leeno382

1622187172395270193320811324533.jpg

Hi I have ordered the G1 it's getting fitted on Tuesday but struggling on fitting a Recessed box or thinking of a fused spur with flex outlet? Does the tv come with a detached power cord or is it corded please? I can't find anything online

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom