LG CX Flickering on DV/HDR Scenes

tomo28

Hi all,

Had to buy a new TV recently due my previous one getting a nasty knock by a falling hoover!

Anwyay I went for the LG 65 CX. I was watching the Mandalorion last night and on the darkish scenes the picture would flicker from normal to abit lighter. It wouldn't do it on extremely dark scenes. I have dynamic contrast turned off. I have not noticed it on SDR content.

I did a search but could only find people using gsync/vrr having the flicker issue.

Any ideas?

skyryudo

Standard Member
Hi, i have exactly the same issue, any news from your part ? i have the 77CX. I have some flickering with the dark scene, for exemple in "Without remorse" on amazon prime between 14-17min, when Micheal B Jordan climbs the stair. The dark scene are just really poorly process, for example in Star trek beyond at 44-46 min on netflix or amazon prime. I had the 65C9 and never experience it, or maybe never saw it, since everythings bigger it could more apparent. it's driving me insane and i'm considering returning it while it's still possible

acyeager

Novice Member
Did you guys ever find a solution for this? i just got a new LG 55 CX last week and have been having the flickering issue on darker/gray scenes as well

skyryudo

Standard Member
Did you guys ever find a solution for this? i just got a new LG 55 CX last week and have been having the flickering issue on darker/gray scenes as well
I returned the tv in the 2 week return policy, this was unacceptabe for the price... You can either contact the customer service which will ask for specific settings and picture proof, but they will probably say it's normal at the beginning so you'll have to press a bit, maybe they will send a technician, but he could say it's normal......is it with specific content ? Do you have an apple tv ?

Last edited by a moderator:

acyeager

Novice Member
well thats certainly a bummer, and agree its unacceptable for the price. going to try to reach out to LG support but not holding my breath. currently viewing all content on a 4k firestick but maybe will try with another device...thanks for your help...

skyryudo

Standard Member
I had flickering on dark scene like in the movie without remorse 14-17min in, same for you? but also washed out black and grey. it was less apparent with HDR tone mapping off, or maybe lowering the brightness to 49 could fix it but it's really not optimal....Panel was ok with uniformity and banding but I suspect it was poorly calibrated, also check that you have the latest firmware, maybe that could help. But I remember reading lots of similar issue on avsforum, the CX panel happened to be very heterogeneous unfortunately, you know 2020...

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom