LG CX Dirty Screen Effect - Replace or not?

sprocket41

Novice Member
Hello everyone,

My 65" CX came with 1 dead blue subpixel and some dirty screen effect out of the box.

I don't mind the pixel too much TBD, but I am a bit obsessed with uniformity so I contacted LG with photos that I took in a dark room using 5% Gray test video:
Here are the photos:

By the way, when I switch to a 10% gray background it is barely noticable. Above 20% gray it's completely gone.

I could get a replacement. But I am also aware that pretty much all panels come with little or some DSE. So I don't want to get a even worse panel and find myself in a loop of replacements.

So what are your opinions? What would you do? How bad do you think is my DSE?

Thanks in advance!

gibbletts

I got my cx yesterday but didnt do any grey slides I watched some football and various film/tv content and couldnt see any banding or dse and thats good enough for me. So if you can see it while watching something other than a grey screen Id change it, if not I wouldnt worry about it, problem is now you know where it is youll constantly be looking for it.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Hello everyone,

My 65" CX came with 1 dead blue subpixel and some dirty screen effect out of the box.

I don't mind the pixel too much TBD, but I am a bit obsessed with uniformity so I contacted LG with photos that I took in a dark room using 5% Gray test video:
Here are the photos:

By the way, when I switch to a 10% gray background it is barely noticable. Above 20% gray it's completely gone.

I could get a replacement. But I am also aware that pretty much all panels come with little or some DSE. So I don't want to get a even worse panel and find myself in a loop of replacements.

So what are your opinions? What would you do? How bad do you think is my DSE?

Thanks in advance!

Your panel looks good and will improve with hours.
You can replace and get a better panel... or a significaently worse one. I'd say your panel is definitely in the better than average panel category, or at least.. I should say, when its bad.. its really bad. And you don't want to be dealing with one of those.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom