Question LG CX and XBOX Series X possible audio incompatibility

Pirilampus

Novice Member
Hello everyone,

Apologies for the big post, but I'm a bit in despair.

If you have a XBOX Series X connected directly to a LG CX, have you ever experienced issues regarding sound?
I'm referring to crackling, distorted, random and awful sound cracks in the audio.

An example of another issue that I have been experiencing (and other users) is this: whenever I boot the console or reboot (specially if I'm in the console's HDMI before turning it on/rebooting). The same does not happen if I'm in other HDMI input, turn on the console, wait a bit, and change HDMI source for the console HDMI port:

The other issue is with some games, namely this one:
The settings in the console are: 4K, 120Hz, VRR On, Dolby Atmos enabled.
This happens in headsets connected to the Xbox controller too!

Now the strange part is that if I just reduce the frequency to 60 Hz, or Disable VRR, I have no Issues at all!

One thing that I noticed after some tests is that for instance if I enabled the Freesync tool within the LG CX, I can see the refresh rate on it. With the above settings I can see that is outputting 4K, 120Hz, VRR on and the refresh rate is between 2.5 and 3.5 Hz (it has a factor of about 20 when 120Hz is selected).
Whenever I press the Xbox icon in the controller and that controller menu appears (as in that Warzone video), those values go to about 5.5Hz (which corresponds to the Dashboard refresh rate since it has a refresh rate of 120Hz and Warzone only 60Hz).

I've spoke with Microsoft multiple times, and I already tested it with a new brand XBOX Series X that they sent me and I have the exact same issues :(

So I'm just about to give up in all of this.

I don't know anymore what to chase.
I've started to think it was a problem with the XBOX Series X, but the chances of having the same issue on a brand new Xbox are super low. So I kind of believe that I actually have a problem with the TV itself.

I've tested different HDMI 2.1 cables, different ports, and in a older TV (full hd no Dolby Atmos), I have no issues at all.

Do you experienced any similar situation?

I'm sorry for the long message and I wish you all the best Holidays possible.

Thank you for your time.

JohnnyMiller

Novice Member
Yep, I’ve got all this on my LG GX. Startup stutter or no sound at all, sound in menus and not games Etc. I’ve got a jbl bar 9.1. connected via eARC with the TV set to pass through audio. I’ve just set the Xbox to Dolby digital instead of atmos for now And its working ok. Ps5 doesnt seem to have this issue.

next010

Distinguished Member
Uninstalling the Dolby Atmos app worked for this fellow who got the stutter on start up.

Even if your not using Atmos try removing the Dolby app if its installed.

JohnnyMiller

Novice Member
Uninstalling the Dolby Atmos app worked for this fellow who got the stutter on start up.

Even if your not using Atmos try removing the Dolby app if its installed.

will try that as well, cheers, although he went for uncompressed stereo which I think works anyway for me

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom