LG CX and Xbox atmos pass through

Crazydragon

Standard Member
I have just got and LC CX coupled with a Samsung HW-Q950T and have set my Xbox series X up with it and want to get Atmos out however when I go to the sound option on the XBox and try to select Atmos I get an error message saying the AR does not support Atoms and it defaults to DTS-X

I have the Dolby access app on the Xbox, set the eArc up on the CX and set audio to pass through. Atmos works on Disney plus and Netflix (both apps on the TV)

I have verified high speed 2.1 HDMI leads and I cannot figure out why it won’t work - can anyone offer any advice help on what to do??

I have been trying for hours and completely stuck on trying to figure it out - any help would be greatly appreciated

Crazydragon

Standard Member
Sounds silly and shouldn't be required but try turning on hdmi-cec if it isn't already on the tv.
Thanks I have tried that but still no good - this is the error message I am getting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0

Crazydragon

Standard Member
Ok another strange thing is when I disabled Arc and just use the internal tv speakers Atmos works fine and can be set up. I am thinking it is a TV pass through or soundbar issue - or am I completely wrong??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0

Crazydragon

Standard Member
Well now it has stopped outputting DTS-X and all I can get is stereo - not exactly what I was hoping for after investing in this set up

does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do??

Upvote 0

shagaboopon

Sorry it sounds like it should work to me, maybe check you've definitely got earc and pass through enabled since you switched to internal speaker. Sounds like its a TV issue to be honest. You could perhaps plug the Xbox straight into the sound bar to test it will then passthrough atmos directly. Not a long term solution though as you'd lose some niceties like ALLM, VRR, 120Hz.

Upvote 0

gabstar01

I have just got and LC CX coupled with a Samsung HW-Q950T and have set my Xbox series X up with it and want to get Atmos out however when I go to the sound option on the XBox and try to select Atmos I get an error message saying the AR does not support Atoms and it defaults to DTS-X

I have the Dolby access app on the Xbox, set the eArc up on the CX and set audio to pass through. Atmos works on Disney plus and Netflix (both apps on the TV)

I have verified high speed 2.1 HDMI leads and I cannot figure out why it won’t work - can anyone offer any advice help on what to do??

I have been trying for hours and completely stuck on trying to figure it out - any help would be greatly appreciated
did you find solution to this..I'm having same issue . and just started happening.

Upvote 0

Crazydragon

Standard Member
sorry how do you mean by setting tv to auto
Sorry I mean I have set up CX as:
Atmos - on
Sound out - ARC
DTV Audio - Auto
ALL HDMI set to Bitstream
Digital sound out - auto
eARC - enabled

I originally had the digital sound out as pass through and that seems to be where the issue is, not sure if it is Xbox or LG or both but this seems to work

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED EVO Review (OLED65G1)
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom