raven188

Novice Member
Reaction score
Devices:
Soundbar - Samsung HT-E6750W
TV - LG OLED CX 65

Hi,

I have and old Samsung HT-E6750W receiver which support ARC,
I tried to connect it to my LG OLED CX tv through ARC and it didn't work :(.
The TV recognize the receiver when it's plugged in and is able to turn it on and off,
But shows an unavailable icon when pressing volume up/down.

Things I tired and didn't worked:
1. Changing the HDMI cable.
2. Switched between internal speaker (works) and HDMI Arc.
3. Configure the HDMI 2 input manually to Samsung HT-E6750W (don't let me configure the remote manually and directly detects it).
4. Tried other ARC speakers which worked fine.

EDIT
The receiver works fine on other TVs.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Have you set ARC to “On” in the Receiver settings…page 28 of the English User manual.

Have you tried a mains power reboot of the TV and Receiver?

Check the TV's CEC setting which LG call Simplink.

Having the same problem but with the LG C1 and LG SPD7Y sound bar. Tried everything but eARC/ARC doesn't want to work. Raven any update on this?

Having the same problem with my new LG C1 OLED. Does anyone know if an optical cable will work? Both my Xbox and TV are not running the sound into the receiver so it can go to my speakers. Wish I'd read this thread before buying the LG, would have got the Sony instead. Is there no solution to this from LG?

Try an optical cable, don't see any reason why it won't work.

I had a similar issue, it turned out to be an issue with having the Xbox Series X plugged into HDMI 4.

I fixed the problem by unplugging all HDMI cables except for the soundbar (HDMI 2) power off both the TV & soundbar at the wall for a few minutes. Power back on and check that the soundbar is functioning correctly, if it is then reconnect the other devices.

I tried loads of things but every time I connected the Xbox to HDMI 4 the problem came back, I now have Apple TV in HDMI 1, Sonos Arc HDMI 2, Xbox SX HDMI 3 & PS5 HDMI 4.

I had a similar issue, it turned out to be an issue with having the Xbox Series X plugged into HDMI 4.

I fixed the problem by unplugging all HDMI cables except for the soundbar (HDMI 2) power off both the TV & soundbar at the wall for a few minutes. Power back on and check that the soundbar is functioning correctly, if it is then reconnect the other devices.

I tried loads of things but every time I connected the Xbox to HDMI 4 the problem came back, I now have Apple TV in HDMI 1, Sonos Arc HDMI 2, Xbox SX HDMI 3 & PS5 HDMI 4.

Part of the problem is my Sony receiver sync'd perfectly with my old Bravia TV. There are really no solutions offered by the main menu like turning on something to make it work. The first firmware update didn't solve it either. The LG sound is okay, and the picture is great, but kind of sucks opening a brand new TV and not being able to make it work properly. Let's hope an optical cable works.

Part of the problem is my Sony receiver sync'd perfectly with my old Bravia TV. There are really no solutions offered by the main menu like turning on something to make it work. The first firmware update didn't solve it either. The LG sound is okay, and the picture is great, but kind of sucks opening a brand new TV and not being able to make it work properly. Let's hope an optical cable works.
What HDMI is your Xbox plugged into? Like I said, I had so many issues with it plugged into HDMI 4, not sure if it's an issue with VRR on that input.

What HDMI is your Xbox plugged into? Like I said, I had so many issues with it plugged into HDMI 4, not sure if it's an issue with VRR on that input.
I plugged the Xbox into the "media box" HDMI on the Sony from Port 1 on the LG. Works with LG speakers and looks great on the new TV, but I'd still like to have my speakers pushing the sound. The LG TV is in port 2 eARC to the Sony receiver ARC TV out port, which is what numerous Youtube channels said would work.

Last edited:
Do you see the picture of the speaker with the line through it when on arc /earc? That’s what I see on my tv when trying to control the soundbar. Optical works fine but I know earc has better bandwidth. I’ve tried everything. At this point it’s either a bad board or there needs to be a magical firemware update.

Do you see the picture of the speaker with the line through it when on arc /earc? That’s what I see on my tv when trying to control the soundbar. Optical works fine but I know earc has better bandwidth. I’ve tried everything. At this point it’s either a bad board or there needs to be a magical firemware update.
That’s exactly what I was getting but moving the Xbox SX to a different HDMI port has completely fixed the issue for me

No, I'm not seeing anything like that. My new C1 doesn't really have pictures, just different menus. I see "CEC", multiple HDMI on/off lines, advanced settings on sound, been through it all.

No it's when you are trying to adjust the volume when using arc. Mine shows a little speaker icon with a line through it. basically just saying that there is no sound. Yeah your issues sounds like mine. Feel like something got messed up with the HDMI 2 port. Like it detects it and all but arc just doesn't work. And yeah I've tried just have that one connection. Also all the power cycling. Nothing worked. I'd return it but it's too much of a pain to ship back and the optical is working. I don't think using optical would make that much of a difference between earc on just a front soundbar like I have. Still bothers me though. LG should have a test menu for ARC to know if at least the signals are coming out or something. Also heard their support sucks so not really in the mood to test that out.

Agree. I talked to a guy in Korea at the LG help line. He said they "might" address this on a firmware update, but that I should go optical. No way am I putting it back in the box for that. Great picture, but my DISH receiver is so old I have no HDMI port in the back...so now I have to make a decision if I want to begin something else like Sling or Youtube TV.

Oh nice, you actually talked to someone? Do you know if they have had other people complaint about arc lately? My soundbar is like the newest LG one so it really sucks for me. I’d be surprised if they fix through firmware but I’ll cross my figure. I’d just use one of the apps on the LG. Yeah probably YouTube TV would be a good choice. Good thing about the C1 is the apps run pretty smoothly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom