• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG CX 77 keeps "forgetting?" ARC and CEC settings

jriker1

Novice Member
Just got a new LG CX 77" TV and my basic setup:

1. I have no speakers hooked up to it.
2. I have a Denon receiver that has an XBox 360 and NVidia Shield Pro 2019 plugged into it with HDMI cables.
3. All devices on the Denon, where supported have CEC disabled.
4. I have the TV Set to HDMI ARC for the Sound Out
5. I have SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC) disabled in the Connections menu.

What I am finding, and not sure the exact flow, but at some point CEC gets enabled again and my inputs on the Denon don't get set right. In the Harmony remote have to click Help almost everytime I turn it on and have it redo the input to the Denon again. Find the CEC settings are enabled again and manually disable them again. Happens all the time.

When I switch to the LG internet TV, the Sound Out switches to Internal TV Speaker and there is no sound. Have to change it again to HDMI ARC.

This is becoming a deal breaker as my family is getting frustrated that they have to keep, or they have to keep asking me, to fix this. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

JR

Bacus

Distinguished Member
Your better off asking the same question in the dedicated LG CX forum thread fella, link below :smashin:

Bacus

Distinguished Member
Well that didn't work. As expected posted and BAM!!! Three pages got posted of other things and my post was lost.
Then just repost your question again in the same thread.
Not everyone viewing the LG-CX owners thread will have an answer straight away.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom