LG CX 55 INCH, YELLOW LINE

artandrade1

Novice Member
Reaction score
recently purchased lg cx 55 at Best Buy. Only few days viewing the oled, and I'm getting a yellow line on bottom of screen. It appears for only a split second. I have noticed this yellow like 4 times....TV is only 3 days old. Anyone experiencing this issue?? Will this go away as i put more hours of viewing? Help!

I had a CX55 delivered last Monday and haven't seen anything like that.

Still finding my way around the settings TBH but thought I seen somewhere about what they used to call “overscan” and if you see colour lines around the edges it says to turn it off.

I assume it’s turned off by default because I’ve not seen it but have a look at that picture setting and perhaps someone can tell us what LG calls its overscan setting.

I had a CX55 delivered last Monday and haven't seen anything like that.

Still finding my way around the settings TBH but thought I seen somewhere about what they used to call “overscan” and if you see colour lines around the edges it says to turn it off.

I assume it’s turned off by default because I’ve not seen it but have a look at that picture setting and perhaps someone can tell us what LG calls its overscan setting.
Thanks for the info of overscan.....I'm calling LG this morning to report this issue of yellow line appearance on bottom of screen.

Hi I have exactly the same problem- did you get anywhere?

recently purchased lg cx 55 at Best Buy. Only few days viewing the oled, and I'm getting a yellow line on bottom of screen. It appears for only a split second. I have noticed this yellow like 4 times....TV is only 3 days old. Anyone experiencing this issue?? Will this go away as i put more hours of viewing? Help!
I have the same issue 🥺

Hi, I picked up the 48 CX about 10 days ago and have noticed this issue over the last week or so, most noticeably 3 or 4 times last night over a few hours watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. Thanks to finding this thread I realised it wasn’t a general problem and seems related to the LG CX series. I’ve managed to reproduce it outside of an app by powering down and physically unplugging the TV and then waking it up as far as a black screen showing not programmed, closing the apps menu as soon as it appears, the yellow line then comes up about 5 secs later and stays on screen for maybe 1/5 of a second (I don’t use a STB or aerial, just wifi based apps). I can’t reproduce it consistently coming out of standby. I’ve been in contact with LG support and have sent them a video, find attached a pic from the video showing the issue. Will let you know what they suggest (at the moment they seem to think it’s a board or panel problem, not software).
F35C66D9-723C-43CE-BAC0-DC0457DF296A.png

That is exactly what I was seeing on my new cx 55 inch. Bought online thru Best Buy. I contacted LG support and was told to perform pixel refresher, that did not resolved the issue. I was instructed
by LG to contact authorized dealeriwhere i purchased the TV and request a return and replacement. Best Buy was good in immediately start the return and delivered a new CX within a week. So far no issue with the new replacement.

I’ve just read a potential solution which is to turn off the “Just Scan” setting which can be found in All Settings < Picture < Aspect Ratio Settings < Just Scan < Off.

I’m trying it now will let you know how I get on

Yeah....it didn’t. Seems to be a known issue. Not sure whether to go through the hassle of a return and exchange when I might just get one which does the same thing....

the problem is, if I do nothing and the situation worsens post warranty then I'm stuck, if I accept an engineers visit then I'm pretty sure under UK consumer law thats all I'm entitled to after that, which might end up in a number of engineer visits etc. So unless they come back tomorrow and say its a software problem and just requires an update, I think I'm headed for a return as well.

I have found this is some sort of Alexa notification. Seems to be when I have a notification on one of my echos and I haven’t listened too it.
have you linked Amazon to your tv?

I have found this is some sort of Alexa notification. Seems to be when I have a notification on one of my echos and I haven’t listened too it.
have you linked Amazon to your tv?

I get that line on my Echo Show 5 so I wonder if anyone with this problem (not got my CX linked to Alexa) tried saying “Alexa what is my notification” as this will clear the line after the reply from Alexa if that is what it is.

If it is Alexa notification then that line will appear every time an order from Amazon is due to be delivered to your address.

I get that line on my Echo Show 5 so I wonder if anyone with this problem (not got my CX linked to Alexa) tried saying “Alexa what is my notification” as this will clear the line after the reply from Alexa if that is what it is.

If it is Alexa notification then that line will appear every time an order from Amazon is due to be delivered to your address.

I have Alexa setup on the TV and use Amazon a lot, I’ll check this out tonight, interesting that the LG techs had no idea about this at all

Sorry for going off piste a minute but while on the subject of Alexa, even though I’m using Amazon Prime video and so signed into my Amazon account on my CX55 I don’t use the speech part of Alexa but was very annoyed today to see a pop up on the screen while watching BBC 2 HD displaying one of those stupid remark with the likes of “Try asking Alexa what time sunset is today”.🤬

Ok, having done some further testing today I can confirm the yellow line is not a hardware defect, it is in fact the Alexa notification alert.

huge thanks to KayCS for identifying something that LG were not able to!

@Gommster

Thanks for the thanks but I give credit to member Rogmeister who brought my attention to the Amazon yellow line that trigger the thought that I see a yellow line on my Echo Show and put the two together.:thumbsup:

My little problem with Alexa notification pop-ups is that if you use Prime you get Alexa too with no choice but hope I don’t see any more pop-ups or I will have to uninstalled Prime from the CX and return to watching via my 4K Prime TV box linked via HDMI.:(

Thanks for that Gommster, will have a look at turning the annoying notifications off but I’ve tried in the past to turn them off on my bedside clock with no success but will have another butchers.

I generally use a W10 PC for checking setting within the Amazon ecosystem but had a quick look on the CX and can’t find any settings in there other than the ability to sign out of Prime but that would be cutting my nose off to spite my face :Dplus although Prime and Alexa show as two apps on the CX and Prime seems to be built into the CX’s OS so you can’t even delete Prime or Alexa even if you wanted to from what I’ve seen.

Just had a quick look at the setting via W10 and now see the CX listed there and turn on the "Do Not Distrub" switch so hope that fixes that, thanks.

Last edited:
it sounds like you are looking at Alexa settings on your W10 browser
- I find the phone app works much better

to adjust global notifications for shopping or skills, use the app and follow the steps here

(I can't see a way of changing notifications for each device individually)

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom