LG CX 55 dead after 4 months, any experience with timescale on repair (dkavs in Horley)?

JimNastics

Established Member
Reaction score
My LG 55 CX (bought from Richer Sounds 4 months ago) started showing a thin vertical green / black line of pixels on the right hand side of the screen a couiple of weeks ago, then last week the TV started turning off within minutes of power on (a bit of Googling suggests the TV is detecting the misfiring pixels and powering down).

LG have authorised a repair as it's well within the 12 month warranty. They have put me in touch with dkavs.co.uk in Horley, who today have told me they have ordered the replacement parts (a new panel, I guess) and will get in touch when they have received that. Has anyone had experience with LG delivery time for replacement parts? Or experience with dkavs?

you'd have probably got quicker service if you went direct to richer sounds.

mine was away for 1 week for a system board replacement at the beginning of the year, i'd expect similar turn around times for a replacement panel.

whether they do the replacement panel at your home or take it away will be dependant on the repair company.

Last edited:
you'd have probably got quicker service if you want direct to richer sounds.

mine was away for 1 week for a system board replacement at the beginning of the year, i'd expect similar turn around times for a replacement panel.

whether they do the replacement panel at your home or take it away will be dependant on the repair company.

I did look in to that, but on the RS website it said to go to the manufacturer if it's under 12 months old. Maybe I should have given them a call :/

Richer Sounds first -- your contract of sale is with them, not a third party. I'd argue that a total failure at 4 months old warrants a replacement, not a repair.

Well I've emailed Richer Sounds in Brighton to see what they say, fingers crossed. Having read online reviews of dkavs, I seriously hope RS can help me out here.

I'd argue that a total failure at 4 months old warrants a replacement, not a repair.

a new panel is, in reality, a new TV though.
it's hardly a "repair".

Just an update, Richer Sounds said they wouldn't be able to replace after this length of time which I expected, and I can't really complain, deoressing as it is.

Dkavs have said they hope to have the new panel within the next 10 working days and will contact me to arrange a repair when they receive it, comms have been decent so far. Fingers crossed they come through.

4 months? Jeez, that’s not really acceptable. Try contacting Julian Richer. A repaired unit will never be the same as one manufactured fresh, and will almost certainly come with a nice complimentary set of scratches and greasy fingerprints. I speak from experience regarding repaired kit.

4 months? Jeez, that’s not really acceptable. Try contacting Julian Richer. A repaired unit will never be the same as one manufactured fresh, and will almost certainly come with a nice complimentary set of scratches and greasy fingerprints. I speak from experience regarding repaired kit.

Repair is booked in for next Weds 17th with Dkavs, who have been good so far, so let's see how that goes. If there are any problems I'll absolutely be on to Richer Sounds.

it'll be a brand new panel so won't have any scratches or greasy fingerprints.

it'll be a brand new panel so won't have any scratches or greasy fingerprints.
Well, if the old screen has to be removed from the support frame and the new one fitted, that will involve a lot of ‘person’ handling (can’t say man handling nowadays!) so scope for damage certainty exists. Add to the fact that most repair bods show scant respect for other people’s property and I would be very surprised if the TV comes back in the same pristine condition as it was when purchased.

Oookkkaayyyy

Oookkkaayyyy
Did you ever fix your Simplink issues? My CX is constantly turning Simplink back on, especially when connected to the AppleTV. It is causing no end of issues with my AppleTV, eARC and my AV processor. I am on the verge of buying one of the HDFury products to fix it.

simplink issues?

Hopefully final (and positive!) update, dkavs engineer came today, job done in 30 mins. The new panel was boxed, new and sealed from LG stock so no worries there. The engineer left the protective film on through the whole process so no concerns on fingerprints etc. TV working great (touch wood), very friendly and professional service.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom