LG CX 55 and TV BOX, no picture.

Jensm1996

Novice Member
Hi guys,

I just bought LG CX 55" and I have a normal TV box I've been using the last 6 years.
The box has been used on both LG (older series) and Samsung TV.

When I first connected the box (Via HDMI port 1 or 3 (not 2, since that's the ARC input)) everything worked.

After a day, the picture was gone, even though the TV box was on and seems to work just fine - and I had no other options, than reset the entry TV. When I did this, there was picture again. This has happened 3-4 times over the last 5-6 days...

Do i have to set anything up on another way/de/activate something in the settings on the screen?

The box is a HD TV BOX and I know the LG CX is 4K OLED, but I guess that shouldn't do anything, since the HDMI cable there is being used, is the highest quality on the markedet.

The TV knows that there is input on the HDMI input, but there is just no picture. All the other functions on the TV works just as they should.

Any ideas? Please help me out (fingers crossed)

Happy new year!

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the forum.
You need to tell us what this “normal TV box” is? The brand and model number would help us to help you.
Is it Digital TV received via an aerial, Cable TV, Satellite TV received via a dish or an Android-type web box?
Have you tried it in another TV?

Jensm1996

Novice Member
Welcome to the forum.
You need to tell us what this “normal TV box” is? The brand and model number would help us to help you.
Is it Digital TV received via an aerial, Cable TV, Satellite TV received via a dish or an Android-type web box?
Have you tried it in another TV?

Hi JayCee,

The box is called Airties 7410x and works just fine with other TV's. You have any ideas what to do ?

The box is cabeled from the companys router (my internet box) to their box, and from that box (Airties 7410x) to my tv.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Google shows it's an IPTV box.
You stated “after a day the picture was gone” did you have sound?
Are you able to see the box's menu and settings?
Go into it's video output settings and set it to UHD 2160 or 1080 and see if the picture returns.
You need to use an HDMI cable marked as premium high speed for UHD content, the price of the cable is irrelevant it's what's marked on it that matters.
There's no need to reset your TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom