LG cinema 3D tv media player

idealmind8

Standard Member
Hello!!

I have purchased a new LG cinema 3D tv on black Friday for a great price. Howvever when I try to play a file via USB with DTS sound I get an error. Some of my mkv files even have two audio sources. I extracted the DTS audio file and transferred it to acc, however once I remux the mkv file it won't play on the TV with an invalid file error, even though that same file will play just fine on the pc. What are you guys doing to solve this, or what software are you using to demux and remux.

Also sorry if this is hard to follow writting this on my work break on my phone.

idealmind8

Standard Member
I know I am not the only person that is searching for this...

However, I did find a solution!

VLC Player also can convert the audio without touching the video quality and only takes 10-15 mins per video

Is there a way to select from multiple audio files within one MKV file?

Thanks

zentraed

Standard Member
I used a few tools to get MKVs playing on a Cinema 3D set. Two of the apps work together: eac3to and a gui called HD-DVD/Blu-ray Stream Extractor. It will take the DTS track in your MKV and convert it to AC3. After that, you need to remux the video. Use "mkvmerge GUI" from mkvtoolnix to create a new MKV file with the AC3 soundtrack. Load in the original MKV, the AC3 file you created, and then deselect any other streams in the list. Also, and this is very important, make sure that the video stream is at the top of the list. The set will give you an invalid format error if you don't. Good luck!

Johev

Novice Member
There is an easier way to convert DTS to AC3 on MKV files. It's called MKV2AC3 and it's free and very fast. I got Avatar 11Gb 1080p converted with the AC3 sound in 10 minutes with a CULV CPU (slower than modern Atoms).

Good luck.

angel129116

Standard Member
LG tv can't output DTS audio. Best thing i found was Popcorn MKV audio converter. It will transcode the DTS to AC3 which the TV can output. Its a pain having to encode all your video files with DTS but at present its the only way round it

TheBigKahuna

Standard Member
There is an easier way to convert DTS to AC3 on MKV files. It's called MKV2AC3 and it's free and very fast. I got Avatar 11Gb 1080p converted with the AC3 sound in 10 minutes with a CULV CPU (slower than modern Atoms).

Good luck.

Hi mate,

I've been trying to convert DTS to AC3 using MKV2AC3 as well and the file converts fine but afterwards my LG TV can't read the file.

Can you let me know exactly what setting you use when you convert with MKV2AC3?

Thanks

Jorisspringer

Standard Member
If you want to save yourself the trouble you can get yourself an ACRyan, it plays the SBS rips perfectly, you just need to press the 3D button on your tv and select the side by side function and you will have excellent 3D :) with dts.
I know, it is not officially supported on the ACRyan yet I am right now playing a 3D movie with it in 3D on my LG46LW650 :).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom