Lg checkerboard bug in passive 3d ld950

mocca

Ex Member
Reaction score
Doing my head in this is, listed with checkerboard support that does'nt work.
Line interlaced and checkerboard gives same issues, other users have same problem, average user would never spot this major tv breaking bug.

Tv recieves bluray 3d as page flipping only as it knows checkerboard does'nt work.
So why's it sold with checkerboard and line interlaced 3d when neither work correctly.

This is'nt a problem with anything, it is 100% the tv!

Checkerboard and line interlaced are not built back together correctly which produces massive colour bugs in games and films.

Every user of the ld950 will have this problem without realising, all you need todo is to play true checkerboard/line interlaced and boom you have the bug.
I believe lg has hid this from us due to 3d blurays being outputted as page flipping!

Am not happy, any lg reps around.

Lg service told me i needed a repair, false, what i need is a working checkerboard tv and that can only be fixed via firmware or it is a bug in passive fpr as it may not be able to play checkerboard/interlaced content, if this is true then tv is being sold with a massive lie!

Without glasses
withoutglasses.jpg

With glasses

withglasses.jpg

Checkerboard through glasses
checkerboardthroughlense.jpg

3dtvplay 100% depth no glasses
3dtvplaywithoutglasses100depth.jpg

3dtvplay 100% Depth through glasses
3dtvplay100depththroughlense.jpg

As you can see checkerboard gives terrible 3d performance, silly me forgot to take a picture in the same place so i used the next high contrst shot a few more min into Bulletstorm.
3dtplay is at 100% depth and there is zero ghosting, love it!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom