LG CashBack Denied

Rup

Standard Member
Reaction score
I bought a LG 55 E7 OLED a month ago and claimed the cashback recently.
It was for £1799 as Currys reduced the price to clear the last of the stock.
LG have now denied my £500 cashback claim saying that there is no cashback on special offers.
However I took a screenshot of the TV just before I bought it which showed that the cashback was applicable.
I've sent LG this and told them if they dont pay the cashback I'll be taking them to court. Will report back how I get on but has this or similar happend to anyone else?

No just says claim £500 cashback. If it wasn't allowable then why was that statement so prominently displayed is what i've asked LG to sort with Currys.
I'll take them to a small claims court of needs be, easy to do, and it'll cost them more than £500 in their lawyers fees alone.

Their products may be good but they're a terrible company to deal with.

The LG/OLED forum is full of complaints about them wriggling out of obligations, rubbish customer service, convoluted methods of receiving extended warranties and inept attempts to resolve issues.

Good luck, OP, I wish you every success!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks Derek. After I complained they're now saying they are looking into it. Will report back.

So, as JL have just reduced the price of the C8 and E8 models, would LG also try and wriggle out of that cashback. JL still advertising the cashback offer.

I don't think they would have a leg to stand on, you paid the retail price at the time of purchase, how is that a "special offer" ?

An E7 for £1299 seems unlikely, and anyone looking at these TVs for any amount of time knows that's cheaper than they should be... The OP surely knows there must have been some risk with this offer...

An E7 for £1299 seems unlikely, and anyone looking at these TVs for any amount of time knows that's cheaper than they should be... The OP surely knows there must have been some risk with this offer...
If there's no minimum price for the TV stated in the terms and conditions of the cashback offer, I don't see why the OP should assume any risk. It's Currys choice how much they want to sell the TV for. If they want to cut the price to clear stock, that's their business. It should have no bearing whatsoever on being able to claim cashback, especially when it's clearly advertised on the item page. Other people on here have gotten cashback to bring them down to that sort of money too, so clearly it's not a hard policy.

It's rubbish, isn't it?

"We'll give you £500 cashback if you buy our TV's. Oh no, we won't".

Yes, something like this may be open to manipulation or abuse, but clearly not in this case. The OP didn't set the price, Currys did.

LG should pay up. After all, it was their cashback offer that probably enticed the OP into buying the TV in the first place.

I bought from Currys where the cashback was clearly shown on the item. Not a dodgy online retailer.
Even the staff in the store mentioned the cashback.
The offer was mentioned on hotukdeals, many people tried to get one but as it was collect from store only, only a few succedeed as very few stores had them. I had to drive 7 hours to get mine!
Confident will get the cashback, even via the courts if needs be.

This kind of thing should be followed up, sounds like a 'bait and switch' to get people in the store and sell them something else so they must be held to account.

Return the TV and move on. Simple as that!
I know, it is hard to swallow, but it is much better than waste your time and patient with stupidity.
I'm planning to buy a C8 which also have a Cashback campaign and at the time of pay I will make sure to ask the guy to confirm that I can effectively benefit from the campaign or I will return the TV. If the store does not agree, I drop the box immediately and walk away. Life is simple!

There is a thread in the LG TV forum about the recent cashback issues. To cut a long story short the terms and conditions changed a few weeks ago, the main changes are:

1) Cashback will now be received within 60 working days instead of 30.

2) Offer is not vaild against any other offer or discount.

Some of us have managed to fight them and receive the cash back due to us claiming while the old terms were in place, however I am not really sure what can be done with people who have claimed after the terms changed or are about to claim when the 30 days are up.

The 60 day thing I don’t think we can do much about, however (I am not a lawyer by the way so please feel free to correct me) the change about other offers and discounts can be construed to be price fixing which is illegal.

I think everyone best bet is go back to retailers they bought them from and demand they sort it out or you will return the TV for being missold.

Although this is a manufacturer offer, technically the only party you have a contract of sale with is Curry's. If they've made the cashback a feature of the sale i.e. part of the contract, it's their responsibility to honour it. It does sound like their mess up and that the cashback offer should have been withdrawn whilst the TVs were reduced. But they made the cashback part of the contract of sale. Just make sure there were no terms and conditions mentioned in store such as about discounts, price reductions, Curry's not being responsible for the cashback deal's availability, etc. If there were none, I reckon after a fight, you'll stand a good chance.

The key point is - the contract was entered into when cash changed hands. They can't get out of it now by demanding the item be returned for a refund.

Good news, LG have now approved my cashback :)
Good thing I had the foresight to take a screenshot at time of order with the cashback displayed.
I thus would easily have won a court case which I threatened them with too.
Hopefully this thread will help others.

Agreed, well done.

I bought from Currys where the cashback was clearly shown on the item. Not a dodgy online retailer.

Contradiction - Curry's is the dodgiest retailer I've ever dealt with in my life. I won't even buy batteries from them now.

Did your reciept show the discount you got or say anything relating to the discount, or was it simply just thr value of the final sale price?

I'm in exactly the same position as RUP (purchased a 55 inch E7) however unfortunately I did not have the foresight to take a screenshot of the Currys webpage. Does anyone have a screenshot showing this (I messaged RUP however have not received a response).

I'm in exactly the same position as RUP (purchased a 55 inch E7) however unfortunately I did not have the foresight to take a screenshot of the Currys webpage. Does anyone have a screenshot showing this (I messaged RUP however have not received a response).
I don't think it was a webpage screen shot, it was a pic of the TV for sale and the cash back offer next to it.

I bought a LG 55 E7 OLED a month ago and claimed the cashback recently.
It was for £1799 as Currys reduced the price to clear the last of the stock.
LG have now denied my £500 cashback claim saying that there is no cashback on special offers.
However I took a screenshot of the TV just before I bought it which showed that the cashback was applicable.
I've sent LG this and told them if they dont pay the cashback I'll be taking them to court. Will report back how I get on but has this or similar happend to anyone else?
I'm having the same trouble getting my money back after getting the new c2

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom