LG C9 OLED HDMI Issue - No displays. Bandwidth problems!

MarioMark

Novice Member
Wondering if anyone can help? I’m having issues with the HDMI on my OLED 55” C9 TV. It was working fine but now almost everything I plug in to it has no signal display. The only thing I’ve managed to get working is Xbox One X in 640x480, 1080p @ 120hz and 1440p @ 60hz and my Sega Mega Drive Mini in 720p.

Nintendo Switch won’t work in either 480p, 720p and 1080p.

PS4 Pro doesn’t work at all even in safe mode.

My Component Video to HDMI converter box works (480p from the Wii) I power this from the USB out from the TV.

Signal detection works on all ports.

4k doesn’t work on any inputs but it does work on the Smart TV YouTube app in 4K so it’s not a ‘display’ issue.

I’m running it on the latest firmware, don’t have a receipt but was manufactured in Jan 2020

spikecast

My brother had the same issue with his a few months ago and it he ended up getting a replacement from currys, luckily they still had stock. Exactly the same issue as you.

MarioMark

Novice Member
My brother had the same issue with his a few months ago and it he ended up getting a replacement from currys, luckily they still had stock. Exactly the same issue as you.

Thanks for the response. LG won’t fix it because I have no receipt due to buying it from a private seller. I originally paid £950 new for it but I managed to sell it on eBay as defective TV for £600 collection so not a huge loss. I’m gonna buy the Samsung QLED Q80T later today as a replacement as I want the variable refresh rate albeit only on HDMI 4, good price - £850 new for the 55”. The OLED’s are fantastic but too fragile.

Doctor Hades

Have you tried turning off Quick Start+?

I believe this issue is a handshaking issue with HDMI and one workaround according to YouTube's The Tech Giant is to turn off Quick Start+ under Settings > General > Additional Settings.

I have an intermittent issue with my Sony X800 4K UHD BD player sometimes showing No Signal when I turn it on because my LG B9 TV does not "handshake" properly with it. I tried different premium certified 8K leads but nothing completely fixed it. Turning it off then on usually fixes it - though it can take 3 or 4 attempts - but it can be annoying. This is the only device that does it. Disabling Quick Start+ does fix it but it does mean the TV takes a bit longer to start up and the Home bar takes a few seconds longer to display.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom