LG C9 has a white line at the edge.

OLEDDoLED

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, this is the first time ever that i'm posting on a forum. I've posted on Twitter, talked to youtubers and LG support but their advice didn't work. Posted on Reddit but nothing good came out of that - i don't even know if people will see this post. Anyway, here's my issue.

A few days ago i have started noticing some sort of white bar at the edge of my TV - when looking at on a grey background i noticed that it's some sort of bar alongside the edge, but when i play a game that 'bar' turns into a white line.

Now, this is NOT a panel issue. I tested it out with different formats to see what happens and the result surprised me. I changed the format to 4:3 and the edges actually went along with the content shown on the display. (4:3 makes the display basically square) so i know it's not a panel issue.

Also when i come to close to the screen it disappears so i can't examine it properly but i do know that it's there.

This one problem has ruined my experience with this television, i have barely played any games and i have not watched a single movie or show since i noticed this problem. Strange enough is that i don't see this problem during the picture test.

Here are the things i tried:

Pixel refresher, twice.
Factory reset.
Unplugged the TV and pressed power button for 10 seconds.
Changing HDMI cables (it's not a HDMI issue because it's also on apps such as Netflix and Disney+)

My guess is that it's a software bug, simply because the edges aren't white on the edge of the panel itself, but the content.

Attachments

• 20201104_183516.jpg
    20201104_183516.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,095
I've got a think white horizontal line that has appeared on the top of my LG55 C9 it's been there for about a week. I've not done the full pixel refresh yet, as I doubt it will help. I do have a third party 5 year warranty. I wouldn't class it as screen burn so I'm pretty confident that it should be covered but I'm not going to enquire yet, I'll see if it gets worse.

Hi Oleddoled thanks A LOT for your message. This is a very first post for me too as I’m experiencing EXACTLY same issues you described, all details are the same for me on every sources, apps....and the control image has no such imperfection.

There is a light whiter horizontal line at 1 cm of the image border (bottom and sometimes right one). Not panel border as this changes with image content and position of black cinema bands. And when I try to examine it when I’m closer to the screen I cannot notice it anymore. I’ve tried to change settings like pixel shift and many more and the line is still there. This looks like to be a software issue I agree.

Did you find a solution ? I prefer to ask before starting a service assistance.

My TV is a 55C9 and my image settings are the ones recommended for this Tv for best image and cinema experience.

Thanks for any help or comments on this strange behavior.

Last edited:
Hi Oleddoled thanks A LOT for your message. This is a very first post for me too as I’m experiencing EXACTLY same issues you described, all details are the same for me on every sources, apps....and the control image has no such imperfection.

There is a light whiter horizontal line at 1 cm of the image border (bottom and sometimes right one). Not panel border as this changes with image content and position of black cinema bands. And when I try to examine it when I’m closer to the screen I cannot notice it anymore. I’ve tried to change settings like pixel shift and many more and the line is still there. This looks like to be a software issue I agree.

Did you find a solution ? I prefer to ask before starting a service assistance.

My TV is a 55C9 and my image settings are the ones recommended for this Tv for best image and cinema experience.

Thanks for any help or comments on this strange behavior.

For me it turned out to be my eyes, i have bad eyes and i see double at every edge. Cable, TV, tables... literally everything.

BUT, there IS a line at the edges but that's white literally every TV, i contacted EvilBoris on Twitter and he confirmed this to me. I looked up pictures of TVs on the net and guess what... the line is on every TV.

I doubt it's an eye problem but try closing your right eye and using left eye, vice versa. I've done ALL the troubleshooting i could. It's simply can't go away because it's the panel itself.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom