LG C9 Flickering?

Sptz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So, LG has agreed with replacing my screen due to banding issues but I've noticed something else. It appears to be at random times, where I can see a faint flicker or flashing at the top portion of the screen, it's on both sdr and hdr content, I've tried going back to the same scene to reproduce and it doesn't happen twice, it does indeed appear to be random.

Has anyone ever experience anything similar? I know the screen will be replaced, just scared it could be hardware related / cpu etc.

Thanks!

Hi all,

So, LG has agreed with replacing my screen due to banding issues but I've noticed something else. It appears to be at random times, where I can see a faint flicker or flashing at the top portion of the screen, it's on both sdr and hdr content, I've tried going back to the same scene to reproduce and it doesn't happen twice, it does indeed appear to be random.

Has anyone ever experience anything similar? I know the screen will be replaced, just scared it could be hardware related / cpu etc.

Thanks!
It's not on Sky UHD by any chance is it?

Most likely panel issue, i had my new C9 replaced due to this.

I got random screen flickers (thin coloured lines or black and white lines), wasnt hdmi cable as it was from internal apps as well as nvidia shield. It was two week old tv so I got full refund as they didnt have any stock left.

I got random screen flickers (thin coloured lines or black and white lines), wasnt hdmi cable as it was from internal apps as well as nvidia shield. It was two week old tv so I got full refund as they didnt have any stock left.

Yeah, my situation is a bit different. I don't see any lines, it's quite weird, it's very very faint and you even think it's the source, but when you go back to replicate it in the same timecode it doesn't happen again. It's almost like a sudden "black'ish" blotch that flashes VERY quickly, you notice it if you're quite sensitive. What did you get in place of the C9?

Mine was the same, sometimes i could see things and others not. I ended up getting C9 from John Lewis, my original purchase was from Richer Sounds. My new set has no problems so I'm happy (touches wood).

Hi, if you get the screen on a static image, by any chance is this flicker at regular intervals - between 10 - 15 secs?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom