Question LG C9 Disney+ not working suddenly, help please

rick_x

Standard Member
Moved house 3 weeks ago and previously was on FTTC/wireless on my OLED55C9PLA and Disney+ (DP) worked flawlessly. Switched to Virgin Media 200M in the new house and now the app only boots occasionally and if you go anywhere else e.g. TV or another app and return you get a grey screen and nothing else. Power cycling sometimes fixes this or intermittently a standby and restart will let me back in. I have trawled the internet and tried everything I could think of and have also spoken to Disney who had no solution and are escalating. The steps I've tried so far are:

Power cycling.
Rebooting the router.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the app + signing out of all devices.
Turning off IPv6 on the TV.
Changing the DNS on the TV to 8.8.8.8.
Full factory reset of the TV.
Using ethernet.
Switching the virgin Hub 3.0 to Modem mode and using my old modem router in wireless only mode.
Updating the TV firmware to 05.00.03

Tearing my hair out! All other apps work fine, speed to TV is 150Mbps+ and the only thing I haven't done is LG's suggestion to change country to Albania and then back to UK which I suspect is the same as a full factory reset. If anyone could suggest anything I would be eternally grateful. Thanks.

xar

Mine has been doing this for a few weeks. Starting working again last night, but I couldn’t get it to work at all. Had to use my ATV and the Disney app instead.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
It’s been playing up on mine the rare occasion it gets used, just get a blue screen.

You can force close it by holding back when in it and that should do the trick

rick_x

Standard Member
Thanks for the responses so far, if anyone else is experiencing this or has solved it please let me know as I can feed it back to Disney when they call me back

MacBeath

Novice Member
Thanks for the responses so far, if anyone else is experiencing this or has solved it please let me know as I can feed it back to Disney when they call me back
Did you ever get a reply from Disney? I've got the exact same issue on my UM7400 which just started this week. I'm again presuming after the latest update which I've got set to auto (05.00.02). Again I've tried all the things mentioned above but even after re-installing, the app only works until I next exit.

I've found a few mentions on the web, it you seem the first who has managed to get a response from Disney.

MacBeath

Novice Member
OK - after 40 minutes on chat to Disney last night, they got me to do everything I'd already done and run a speed check. At that point, the chat reset and I lost everything and the app was still not working.
This morning, I switch on the TV and I get the LG user agreement update flash up in the corner. I check the firmware and it's still 05.00.02, so I suspect it hadn't deployed properly or some such. Anyway - Disney+ is does now currently work.

Jeff

Distinguished Member
I’m getting this often on my B9, force closing the app and restarting it solves the problem for a while.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom