Quantcast

LG C8 upgrade to A9G worth it?

Hamad138

Standard Member
Hey guys do u think an Upgrade from c8 to an a9g is worth it?

Is the motion and Upscaling that much better? Will I see a big difference?

sebna

No and not worth it.

lumper

I think it matters what you use your tv for, if you are using it for sports mainly and fast moving video games where motion is a factor then it might be worth it to you.
Some say it is worth it others say no, but I think what shapes their opinion is their use of it and how it affects them.

barney007

Distinguished Member
I use mine for sd,hd 4k uhd, gaming, sports,movies.

I have had both tv

In my opinion the ag9 is a step in front of the lg.

I'm looking to get the 77 inch ag9 and move my 65 inch on because we love it so much.

I normally move tvs on after 6 months but defiantly sticking with the Ag9 for a couple years now

woppy101

Distinguished Member
I use mine for sd,hd 4k uhd, gaming, sports,movies.

I have had both tv

In my opinion the ag9 is a step in front of the lg.

I'm looking to get the 77 inch ag9 and move my 65 inch on because we love it so much.

I normally move tvs on after 6 months but defiantly sticking with the Ag9 for a couple years now
Same here, I love my 77AG9, easily the best OLED I have ever owned and I think I have had every model of OLED except Loewe

DJJez

Sony is in a different league for oleds. I have a 77 ag9 and had 4 lg oled's before this. def do it

Slugsy01

Right enough already, you showboaters with your 77” ers! :laugh:

aoaaron

If the 77'' Sony had HDMI 2.1, gsync, VRR, it would be a dream TV.

aoaaron

LG C9 has most of that and not a patch on a Sony AF9 , picture quality must come first for me

Really? With both sets calibrated I'd love to see a side by side comparison of this.

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member
Really? With both sets calibrated I'd love to see a side by side comparison of this.
Well I have both in my home , not calibrated , but when a 65 AF9 looks better than a 55 C9 for sd/hd viewing ,upscaling ,better colour volume ,motion ,all round picture quality ,you just know that Sony nailed it , HDR/DV the C9 is closer ,possibly a touch brighter,but again the Sony has all the attributes I mentioned earlier that just make it a better picture to me. forgot to mention the Sonys Smooth graduation that walks all over the LG counterpart

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member

I really don't take any notice of their reviews,some of there tv settings make them look like a cheap set from Tesco :rotfl:

sebna