LG C8 not detecting Amazon TV

CinderKona

Hi,
I transferred my 2017 Amazon TV from my old LG tv to my new C8 and when it it switched on it is not being detected, the only way to get a picture is to unplug and plug back in again.
It’s worked fine until this new tv.
I have tried swapping the the input but no change. I do have a now tv stick that has no such issues.
I am a bit reluctant to buy another so I’d be grateful for any ideas.
Thanks

sagaris99

Hi,
I transferred my 2017 Amazon TV from my old LG tv to my new C8 and when it it switched on it is not being detected, the only way to get a picture is to unplug and plug back in again.
It’s worked fine until this new tv.
I have tried swapping the the input but no change. I do have a now tv stick that has no such issues.
I am a bit reluctant to buy another so I’d be grateful for any ideas.
Thanks
My only solution would be to either try it in different inputs, or do a factory reset (5 minutes tops)

That aside, why are you still using the Amazon Tv and Now TV stick?

CinderKona

Thanks I’ll try that. The fire tv has a number of apps that I use and also, oddly enough, the picture seems better.

SeeMoreDigital

Thanks I’ll try that. The fire tv has a number of apps that I use and also, oddly enough, the picture seems better.
Out of interest... What apps do you use on the FireTV that are not available on the LG television?

CinderKona

For instance Amazon Music Unlimited, Earthscam.
I did the factory reset and so far it seems to working. Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom