LG C8 Lip Sync Issues

apara

Novice Member
Reaction score
The entire sound experience with this LG model has been less than stellar. Frequent needs to reset AV/Settings, plus it feels like some options are being lost after an extended power off. However, what I find most frustrating is the sync issues with my receiver.

I searched the internet and found quite a few references to LG/OLED/SYNC. For the most part, the descriptions matched my experience. Changing output to PCM solves the sync issue but at the cost of not having the best sound experience.

So, my receiver HTR-5063 (Yamaha HTR-5063 Specs) does not have Dolby Atmos (which seemed to have been the main issue in these systems). If I replace a perfectly good receiver with one that has Dobly Atmos support, would the sync issue be resolved? Does this have anything to do with the TV not being able to synchronize on a proper audio codec via the HDMI/ARC channel connection?

I also tried Optical, and was able to hear the difference between the internal speaker and optical out by turning both on at the same time.

So, will my problems be solved by replacing the receiver? If so, any recommendations?

I have had this panel for roughly 2 weeks now, currently on software version 03.00.90

Lip sync issues have persisted from day 1 when using the internal TV speaker. This is the case with all content with Sky broadcasts. I have tried all manner of settings to try and correct this without any success.

I'm aware others are experiencing similar issues so started this thread with the hope of LG being made aware and hopefully issuing a fix.

Set up is SKY Q V1, HDMI to Denon 2200W amp (set to pass through, also GUI overlay set to off) HDMI out to HDMI 2(ARC) on panel. When I use the amp for sound to surround speakers there is no issue.

If you are experiencing similar please post issues and setup and software version of panel with the hope we can find a common denominator to all our problems with the hope of a fix.

I have had this panel for roughly 2 weeks now, currently on software version 03.00.90

Lip sync issues have persisted from day 1 when using the internal TV speaker. This is the case with all content with Sky broadcasts. I have tried all manner of settings to try and correct this without any success.

I'm aware others are experiencing similar issues so started this thread with the hope of LG being made aware and hopefully issuing a fix.

Set up is SKY Q V1, HDMI to Denon 2200W amp (set to pass through, also GUI overlay set to off) HDMI out to HDMI 2(ARC) on panel. When I use the amp for sound to surround speakers there is no issue.

If you are experiencing similar please post issues and setup and software version of panel with the hope we can find a common denominator to all our problems with the hope of a fix.

Thanks for starting this thread. As you know I had loads of lipsync issues with my first C8, got a replacement yesterday due to a combination of banding and the lipsync. Too early to say whether the replacement has lip sync issues as I haven't watched it for long enough. What I haven't done is change any settings in the sound menu, well apart from changing the sound mode to 'cinema' from standard but I've left av sync off for now and so far no issues. I've noticed on this replacement set that I don't need to have the volume anywhere near as loud as the last one, somewhere in the mid 30s seems as loud as the first one in the 70s , whether that's related at all I don't know.
My set up is very similar to yours except I've got a V2 Sky Q box, same amp though Denon 2200W and out from there to HDMI 2 on the TV. I'll keep an eye on it and be sure to update this thread if I see any issues going forward. Hope you get somewhere with this as it's really annoying when the lipsync is out and it's not really ideal having to resort to using the amp all the time

Have you tried altering the audio delay setting via HDMI within the Sky Q box audio settings?

I setup an LG 65b7v last night and straight away I noticed a lip sync issue. As above, try the Sky settings menu. Setting my HDMI audio delay to 20ms seemed to make a difference, although I’ve not thoroughly tested yet.

Thanks for posting Andy

Would you mind listing what the default sound settings you have set on the new panel? I've tinkered that much with different on/off options that I can't remember what the shipping settings for sound options were.

Have you tried altering the audio delay setting via HDMI within the Sky Q box audio settings?

The audio is behind the video so delaying the audio just makes it worse

Same for me , I have 1 day left on my 30 day return with Curry's, I'm unsure what to do! So frustrating, last night it seemed ok, tonight it's a nightmare.

If you are using TM you will not have lip sync issues and if not using TM and having lip sync Issues but don’t like me TM just set TM to user 0-0 and should fix your lip sync issues without add TM problems

So what your trying to say is, If your not a fan of TruMotion and have it switched off.
Switch it on, but set it to 0-0 (which is effectively off) and this should sort any lip sync problems ?.
:)

I've set TruMotion to 0-0 using the isf Bright room picture mode, which we use for day to day Sky Q and so far, it appears to have brought the slight lip sync back in line.
The tv switches to Cinema when viewing films and TruMotion is switched off and Real Cinema is switched on, so we should be good to go......hopefully ;)

Has anyone with lip sync issues tried this?
I'm at work at the minute and can't yet myself.
If anyone tries I'd love to hear if its a fix or not :smashin:
@zAndy1

If you are using TM you will not have lip sync issues and if not using TM and having lip sync Issues but don’t like me TM just set TM to user 0-0 and should fix your lip sync issues without add TM problems

So what your trying to say is, If your not a fan of TruMotion and have it switched off.
Switch it on, but set it to 0-0 (which is effectively off) and this should sort any lip sync problems ?.
:)

I've set TruMotion to 0-0 using the isf Bright room picture mode, which we use for day to day Sky Q and so far, it appears to have brought the slight lip sync back in line.
The tv switches to Cinema when viewing films and TruMotion is switched off and Real Cinema is switched on, so we should be good to go......hopefully ;)

@zAndy1

I've not changed any of the settings on the tv posted above, although I have turned auto lip sync off (it's on by default) on my 7011.
lip sync can drift from time to time, more so on news channels, so i'm leaning to it being a Sky (Sky Q silver box) problem more than the tv.....sometimes it can be way out, then comes back into sync shortly afterwards.
We had no lip sync issues at all whilst watching the WC UHD iplayer streams, Netflix or Amazon video via the tv's in built apps.

I have the 55 inch C8 along with Sky Q v2 and a Samsung K450 soundbar. Sky connected directly to TV and then to soundbar via ARC.

Can notice lip sync issue straight away on channels even when I’ve just turned the tv on either through the soundbar or the internal speakers.

No other settings changed on the TV e.g av sync or bypass.

Only, thing I’ve noticed is that the sound is better when the sky audio output is set to normal rather than Dolby I’ve tried through an optical cable and not noticed it be any better.

@zAndy1
Been out all day mate, did you get to try? where did you get the quotes from?

Well I must admit I am using trumotion since I've got this replacement TV , with dejudder on 3 and deblur on 5 and I haven't noticed any lipsync problems so far. Today will be a good test as the TV will be on most of the day probably and I'll watch a variety of content so it'll be interesting to see what happens. I'm pretty sure I tried the TM on with dejudder and deblur on 0 on the previous set and it still had lipsync issues...

Had my set for a few weeks now and I have noticed it more and more. I am using a V2 Sky Q box connected to TV HDMI 1 and the via ARC to a LG SK10Y Atmos soundbar. Although I still notice it through the TV speakers. Tried it with AV sync on and off as well as other settings and nothing seems to fix it. The issue seems to be that I actually need to slow down the image, not the sound. All the AV Sync options delay sound, none allow it to be sped up!

Had Sky engineer out yesterday to change box as I also had another issue, and it hasn't helped.

I have asked JL to note the issue as I am starting to spend more time noticing the issue instead of enjoying my set. I fear that my set up maybe returned as I can't live with this.

So i spoke to currys today, im on my 30th day , they have given me auth code but as its out of stock i need to go in branch to request a forward order for a return.

My unifomity is perfect and everything on the TV has been working great so i hope i dont regret swapping it! Especially as the issue intermittent

Been out all day mate, did you get to try? where did you get the quotes from?

The quotes were on the B7 owners thread here on AVForums.

Not had a proper chance to test yet myself, maybe have a play later if this hangover ever decides to bigger off!

Am now considering having to replace the panel because of the lip sync problems, which is a pity because other that that the panel is perfect.

I'm worried about getting a replacement sorted as the lip sync is very intermittent. Has anyone returned based on lip sync problems without any hassle?

I'm not convinced that it isn't inherent in the sets. I didnt have any issues with SkyQ on my Panny plasma.

Going to log a call with LG tomorrow. But i am not going to take another set unless i know that mine is faulty as knowing my luck i will get a duff panel one!

I'd be interested to hear what LG say about it when you speak with them.

Tried TruMotion to no avail, definitely seems worse sometimes than others and this is using onboard YouTube and an avr for sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom