LG C8 issue. Volume keeps going to 100!!!

fulllupo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Need help to fix an issue in the hope of not having to replace the tv please!

Basically it’s like someone’s leaning on the volume up and ‘right’ on the remote. When I turn on the tv the volume bar just raises all the way to 100. If I pick up the remote I can kind of battle against it by pressing volume down repeatedly but eventually I lose and it’s back to 100. It also appears to be pressing right too, as if I go onto the menu’s to try to reset/adjust settings they just cycle to the right so I can’t even control them. I did manage to reset it but alas it’s the same when it turned on again.

Just in case there was a rogue remote someone I collected them all and removed batteries but it didn’t stop it.

Any ideas? Google brings up a similar problem with the odd LG tv, but most have physical controls on the tv that once pressed seem to override the problem for a time. The C8 however doesn’t have any controls! Is it an issue with the main board and if so can they be replaced?

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Paul

Your TV does have a multi-function button usually underneath around the middle.
Check your user manual for its location.

Thanks very much Jay, really appreciate you responding.

I initially figured there would be a button somewhere but could find no mention of it online and I don’t have the manual. Only info I could find was as you suggested; it was in the middle under the logo…but this wasn’t the case on my C8.

I did however decide I would have a second look at a downloaded manual online after having a ‘man look’ and seeing no reference to it the first time…and low and behold there it was.

I have attached to photo to hopefully help someone else in the future, but what I initially dismissed as some form of odd cable management is actually a mini joystick! In my case where I have it corner mounted it must have been pushed hard against the wall at some point and was stuck up and to the right. A bit of a yank and bingo!

Thanks again and hopefully this helps someone further down the line.

All the best.

Paul

FCB507AB-BF08-40D4-ADC9-C3C5D7B56B3E.jpeg

That was exactly what I suspected.
Glad you got it. 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom