LG C8 burn or defect

Bigdaddy3445

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Please see photos, looking for opinions on this issue I'm having on my LG C8. I have this defect in the center of the screen, very similar to the one my C7 had. Again as it was on the C7, this part of the screen gets incredibly hot and i see this as the cause of failure on my C7 and now my C8 is going the same way. The lines on the burns i wonder if they correlate with the shape of electronics behind the screen? Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20210407_184334.jpg
    IMG_20210407_184334.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_20210407_184251.jpg
    IMG_20210407_184251.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20210407_183626.jpg
    IMG_20210407_183626.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20210407_184112.jpg
    IMG_20210407_184112.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 164
I’ve just had my 3 year old 65” LG B7 scraped off and replaced because of this.
I don’t know if this is the exact issue

Attachments

• 14273B62-26E8-4F2A-B1D2-939A1202FAB9.jpeg
    14273B62-26E8-4F2A-B1D2-939A1202FAB9.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 166
Hi All

Please see photos, looking for opinions on this issue I'm having on my LG C8. I have this defect in the center of the screen, very similar to the one my C7 had. Again as it was on the C7, this part of the screen gets incredibly hot and i see this as the cause of failure on my C7 and now my C8 is going the same way. The lines on the burns i wonder if they correlate with the shape of electronics behind the screen? Thoughts?
How many hours has your panel done , looks like the red has lowered in the middle

I no longer have an LG but I think it is in the general settings , about this TV . There maybe someone else that can advise .

I read a post that stated the European model does not have hours used available in the user menu but can be accessed by service techs.

If your under warranty they should replace the set, see my post on the main "C8 owners discussion" thread, good Luck.

Hi All

My burn in is located where the subtitles appear.

Attachments

• 20210901_024412.jpg
    20210901_024412.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 90
This looks like "burn in" i had on B7.

Hi All

Check here for others with similar issues with their OLED screens:-

Cant be 100% but it looks similar to my eyes, they too also had a hot screen issues, I believe its a well documented issue that LG are aware off maybe an electrical fault behind the screen causing the heat and pixel damage.

LG are your first line to call in this case, you maybe able to copy the other 2 links also, best to not say burn in also. See if you get a good LG help desk member.

I sent the screen grab to LG. They're looking into it.

Is it hot behind the screen or towards the middle of the screen ? might be worth looking at the post I made above, especially with the 2 links.

Is it hot behind the screen or towards the middle of the screen ? might be worth looking at the post I made above, especially with the 2 links.
Thank you for your helpful links. I had assumed my issue was the result of closed captioning (I'm hearing impaired) because the problem is located in the area where cc is located. I will check for heat in the middle later today after viewing for awhile. I now know better how to describe the issue. Thanks again.

Hi All

I have the same thing on my 55 inch lg oled two years old barely. They shouldn’t sell any more of these. Obviously a defect that should be re-engineered and fixed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom