Question LG C8 and JBL Bar 3.1 issues with ARC\CEC

Operation

Novice Member
Got a new LG C8 TV and a JBL Bar 3.1.
I've connected the two and my satellite receiver with HDMI cables and enabled ARC and CEC, but when I turn on the TV (and the soundbar turns on with it) it doesn't automatically set itself on HDMI1. So every time I turn on the TV I have to press "SOURCE" on the soundbar remote to get it tuned to HDMI1!
Anyone have any idea for what can I do in order to turn on the TV and immediately be set on HDMI1 (where my sat receiver is connected)?

Thanks!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'Anyone have any idea for what can I do in order to turn on the TV and immediately be set on HDMI1' - the most reliable solution is usually to disable CEC/ARC and add a Harmony Programmable Remote to your system.

CEC has little or no 'user intervention' unless you want to add in a device which can allow you to edit and push CEC commands into the CEC bus.

Joe

PS You could try connecting the Sat Receiver to the TV rather than the Soundbar!

Operation

Novice Member
'Anyone have any idea for what can I do in order to turn on the TV and immediately be set on HDMI1' - the most reliable solution is usually to disable CEC/ARC and add a Harmony Programmable Remote to your system.

CEC has little or no 'user intervention' unless you want to add in a device which can allow you to edit and push CEC commands into the CEC bus.

Joe

PS You could try connecting the Sat Receiver to the TV rather than the Soundbar!
I kinda want to keep using the sat receiver's remote, as everyone in the house are familiar with it.
It controls the TV and the soundbar too...
If I connect the sat receiver to the tv (which is the current setup), how will the soundbar get any signal?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom