LG C7V Airplay Problems

craigded

Novice Member
Hoping someone can help. I have a 2017 LG C7V, and I'm trying to mirror my Mac to Airplay via Apple TV. The Apple TV is a new 4K, bought yesterday. After the initial setup it was working ok, mirroring my mac screen, then when you hit the home button (on the Apple TV) there is no way back to get the video feed (but you can still hear audio). I reset all video settings, nothing. As this is a C7V there is no native Airplay support within the LG TV itself.

TV, Mac, router, Apple TV have all got up to date software, and were all rebooted, no help.

Then I reset the Apple TV, starting right from the beginning, logging back in to accounts, etc, and I successfully get video mirroring. Until I navigate away from that view to anything else, then it's gone for good, again ...

craigded

Novice Member
I should add I was using an old 2013 Apple TV previously, no problem with the screen mirroring, just poorer resolution. My upgrade hasn't been much of an upgrade (so far)!

next010

Distinguished Member
Did you try double clicking the home button, that is meant to bring up an app switcher.

Normally you'd just terminate the airplay mirroring from the source device (iphone, Mac) which releases the ATV and start again if needed.

craigded

Novice Member
Thanks next011. My LG doesn't have the home button, we never got that in the C7V. But - I cracked it, worked through the chaos of Apple logins (@mac, or @Me. or @icloud, and then realised I needed a new Spanish login since I'm not in Australian any more). Nothing is simple, but it looks like Airplay is now mirroring ok from both the mac and the ipad. Phew.

next010

Distinguished Member
Thanks next011. My LG doesn't have the home button, we never got that in the C7V. But - I cracked it, worked through the chaos of Apple logins (@mac, or @Me. or @icloud, and then realised I needed a new Spanish login since I'm not in Australian any more). Nothing is simple, but it looks like Airplay is now mirroring ok from both the mac and the ipad. Phew.

Home button on the ATV remote is what does app switching.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom