LG C7 OLED Owners and discussion thread

Hmm. So I’ve noticed a new issue now.

Hopefully not unique to me, but I’ve noticed that movement on screen is now showing flickering across the entire screen. Almost like something that might happen without any BFI If that makes sense. (Not that I would know what that would look like as this is the first OLED I’ve owned)

Notice it more on cartoons with large areas of single coloured backgrounds.
Very weird as its not like my eyes have suddenly become more sensitive to backlight flicker and I’d never noticed it before.

Any ideas what’s going on here please?

Hmm. So I’ve noticed a new issue now.

Hopefully not unique to me, but I’ve noticed that movement on screen is now showing flickering across the entire screen. Almost like something that might happen without any BFI If that makes sense. (Not that I would know what that would look like as this is the first OLED I’ve owned)

Notice it more on cartoons with large areas of single coloured backgrounds.
Very weird as its not like my eyes have suddenly become more sensitive to backlight flicker and I’d never noticed it before.

Any ideas what’s going on here please?
I’ve got a feeling this is going to end up with no useful answers for you, but if you can give examples of what programmes/cartoons you see it on and from what source I’d be happy to have a look.

I’ve got a feeling this is going to end up with no useful answers for you, but if you can give examples of what programmes/cartoons you see it on and from what source I’d be happy to have a look.

Your a star Andrew! Cheers mate.

Im using Netflix, in built app, noticed it today a bunch of times on episode 3 of the HOME series for example. I’ll double check a specific scene when I can get the lil man away from it and let you know ;)

But noticed it yesterday in Zig and Shark too. Plus others. Pretty much cartoons like I say. And pretty much only Netflix so far as that’s all the boy watches at mo. I’ll try to find specific bookmarked times if you have Netflix of course!

I’ve noticed people mentioning Truemotion poss being a factor looking through old threads but Ive been using Truemotion since day one so I can’t see why it would be that. And I can’t see my eyes suddenly becoming sensitive to flicker either. Ha.

I did have my second 2000hr pixel refresh recently too. But I can’t see how that would factor in either.

Your a star Andrew! Cheers mate.

Im using Netflix, in built app, noticed it today a bunch of times on episode 3 of the HOME series for example. I’ll double check a specific scene when I can get the lil man away from it and let you know ;)

But noticed it yesterday in Zig and Shark too. Plus others. Pretty much cartoons like I say. And pretty much only Netflix so far as that’s all the boy watches at mo. I’ll try to find specific bookmarked times if you have Netflix of course!

I’ve noticed people mentioning Truemotion poss being a factor looking through old threads but Ive been using Truemotion since day one so I can’t see why it would be that. And I can’t see my eyes suddenly becoming sensitive to flicker either. Ha.

I did have my second 2000hr pixel refresh recently too. But I can’t see how that would factor in either.
I had a look at the Zig one. It looked fine to me. Some evidence of 24fps judder with trumotion off and it’s still there with dejudder set to 4, but other than that it looked OK.
It could be you’re picking up low frame rate flicker on the bright backgrounds. It’s hardly normal content for me, but a couple of times I perhaps saw or imagined it flickering.
If you don’t notice anything wrong with more usual stuff I wouldn’t worry too much.
I wouldn’t think your little guy is the slightest bit worried about it.:D

When you get the times I’ll happily take another look if it will help.

I had a look at the Zig one. It looked fine to me. Some evidence of 24fps judder with trumotion off and it’s still there with dejudder set to 4, but other than that it looked OK.
It could be you’re picking up low frame rate flicker on the bright backgrounds. It’s hardly normal content for me, but a couple of times I perhaps saw or imagined it flickering.
If you don’t notice anything wrong with more usual stuff I wouldn’t worry too much.
I wouldn’t think your little guy is the slightest bit worried about it.:D

When you get the times I’ll happily take another look if it will help.

Cheers buddy I’ll look for a timestamp to replicate it but it’s def noticeable and hasn’t been there before so a bit odd.

Of course the massive ‘2 inch vertical band bang down the centre‘ came back after the 2000hr forced pixel refresh. But Im beyond caring about that now. Haha.

Cheers for looking and Merry Xmas fella! ;)

Cheers buddy I’ll look for a timestamp to replicate it but it’s def noticeable and hasn’t been there before so a bit odd.

Of course the massive ‘2 inch vertical band bang down the centre‘ came back after the 2000hr forced pixel refresh. But Im beyond caring about that now. Haha.

Cheers for looking and Merry Xmas fella! ;)
I’ve had a few thiner verticals bands since my 2000hr refresh, might enquire about it under warranty after Christmas...

Hi my E7 got horrible banding after it’s last 2000 hour pixel refresh.I just got it back three days ago as it’s had a new screen.Took 5 days from taking it away to getting it back.The new panel is superb with not one issue it’s perfect.Dont put up with banding after the 2000 hour cycle and get a new panel fitted under warranty.
The whole claim took 4 mins on the phone and an engineer visit who straight away said that’s bad and it’s faulty.My extended warranty was with Domestic and General provided by Peter Tyson and was no hassle I’d give them ten out of ten.

Recently got this nasty band in the center of the TV :( I noticed it on youtube videos that i was watching of a yellow car, and then in netflix. Today i decided to look into it and i dont know if this warrants a replacement, its the first time i can see issue in normal content. Now i analyse and the whole left side seems dimmer. What do you folks think?

Attachments

• IMG_9109.JPEG
    IMG_9109.JPEG
    82.4 KB · Views: 148
Recently got this nasty band in the center of the TV :( I noticed it on youtube videos that i was watching of a yellow car, and then in netflix. Today i decided to look into it and i dont know if this warrants a replacement, its the first time i can see issue in normal content. Now i analyse and the whole left side seems dimmer. What do you folks think?

looks very similar to mine. Comes back very clearly after a 2k refresh’s then kind of goes away to some extent then rinse and repeat unfortunately...

Hi my E7 got horrible banding after it’s last 2000 hour pixel refresh.I just got it back three days ago as it’s had a new screen.Took 5 days from taking it away to getting it back.The new panel is superb with not one issue it’s perfect.Dont put up with banding after the 2000 hour cycle and get a new panel fitted under warranty.
The whole claim took 4 mins on the phone and an engineer visit who straight away said that’s bad and it’s faulty.My extended warranty was with Domestic and General provided by Peter Tyson and was no hassle I’d give them ten out of ten.

Im with Curry’s and TeamKnowHow. 5 years plan.

Called them after the last 2k refresh when the bands appeared again (middle fat vertical one and smaller thinner ones to the right of the screen) and they asked me to do a factory reset and to stick up the test image on the tv (incuded in the TV menu settings) and tell them if I could see the bands. Obviously I was never going to see them as it only happens with a moving image as we ALL know. Gave up pursuing it (due to them needing to take it away and then playing the panel lottery again etc etc.) and had bigger issues going on that time. But they are clearly back again now after the latest 2k refresh...

Honestly think they may have been there since day one and it’s just resetting back to factory levels after each refresh...

Looked everywhere and it’s really not clear how long the forced pixel refresh should take or whether the tv is going to turn itself on in the middle of the night if I just leave it.

It’s been 3.5 hrs now since the message appeared while watching tv. Son clicked it away. Didn’t look like there were any options. But when he clicked the tv turned off. What next? I don’t want to interrupt it if it’s still going.

Any ideas please?
Mine took ages - 6 hours plus but it did fix it so leave it even if more longer than you think

Mine took ages - 6 hours plus but it did fix it so leave it even if more longer than you think

6 hours? I was looking at it months after - and the line down the middle that made up one side of the inch think band NEVER went away entirely between both 2k refreshes. I just learned to not care about it in the end but it was still there def...I expect the same to happen this time too.

Let them take your tv in for a replacement screen.I was stressed when my E7 went for repair but the new screen is perfect with no issues so don’t put up with bands.

Let them take your tv in for a replacement screen.I was stressed when my E7 went for repair but the new screen is perfect with no issues so don’t put up with bands.

hmm. How long have you had yours out of interest? Not that it matters as the warranty is 5 years. Just curious. Thanks.

Hi Silva my E7 was exactly two years old.The second 2000 hour pixel refresh introduced severe banding.I gave it 300 hours to clear up but they never even faded a tiny bit.My panel was faultless and always had been from day one.
Had the tv back for 8 days now and again its faultless,I wish I could disable the 2000 hour pixel refresh but if it messes up again I’ll just claim for another new panel.
I wonder if my new panel is a 2017 panel or if a 2018 or 2019 panel has been bonded to the glass/Perspex.Could it be a newer panel they’ve used.

My C7 has died a horrible death...

20200210_153837_014.jpg

Switches on then off after a couple of seconds.

No idea what's going to happen now, I have accidental damage cover on it, don't know whether they'll repair or write it off and replace.

Anyone ever dealt with Sky Protect (D&G basically)?? They say if it's a replacement they will offer like for like spec...

i have 6 yr warranty with RS hope mine dies soon could do with an upgrade :)

Domestic and General are brilliant.My E7 went wrong just before Christma.They sent an engineer who took it away and got it back to me a few days before Christmas with a new screen fitted.Its perfect now just like a new tv.Took me 2 mins on the phone to sort it with D&G.I wanted a new screen as the sound on my E7 is amazing.They will sort you out with no problems.

That's good to know, got someone coming on Wednesday to have a look, guessing they will take it away. Lady on the phone said they might order a part and replace in my home..

Engineer just been, one look and yep we'll order a part and be back in touch 7-10 days!

Told you D&G are good.To be fair I think 99% of engineers will find panels faulty even with burn in as they know a tv should not be like this after 2 or 3 years.The engineer who visited my home said he’s seeing an awfull lot of OLEDs with faults at only 2 years old and he wouldn’t touch one.

Surprised they didn't take it away, at least I can see it be done at home, read comments about different panels being put in..

I'd rather risk an oled over led, pros far outweigh the cons imo.

Micro Led is interesting though!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom