LG C7 OLED Owners and discussion thread

Mine's gone in this week for a panel swap due to the notorious sqaure of death in the middle. I wonder how many of these LG panels Currys has access too as surely they must have stopped making them?

Mine's gone in this week for a panel swap due to the notorious sqaure of death in the middle. I wonder how many of these LG panels Currys has access too as surely they must have stopped making them?
fingers crossed for a quick turn around.

As an "update" or more of an observation, the new panel is blue in colour when the screen is off and the sun hits it, whereas the old one was brown. Different manufacturing technique or a change in the technology?

As an "update" or more of an observation, the new panel is blue in colour when the screen is off and the sun hits it, whereas the old one was brown. Different manufacturing technique or a change in the technology?
Mines always been a purple/blue colour when off.

There is one currently for sale in the classifieds sub £500, is it still worth picking up today? Any advice is appreciated

There is one currently for sale in the classifieds sub £500, is it still worth picking up today? Any advice is appreciated
The one with a new panel?
No idea if that’s a fair price, but it sounds good to me. It’s still a great tv despite being released 5 years ago. When I upgraded from a C7 to a CX I honestly don’t remember any picture quality improvements at all.

The one with a new panel?
No idea if that’s a fair price, but it sounds good to me. It’s still a great tv despite being released 5 years ago. When I upgraded from a C7 to a CX I honestly don’t remember any picture quality improvements at all.
Yup that's the one, I thought since the panel has been replaced it would be a good shout to get at that price point

Your choice but personally id pay £400 ish more and get C1 model on offer at the moment.

Would anyone know the size of the screws that are connecting the metal pedestal base (underneath) to the vertical plastic piece for C7 TVs? See photos for details.
No, that I AM NOT referring to the screws used to attach the vertical plastic piece of the pedestal to the TV.
I have lost the screws after using the TV on a wall mount and I am now looking at reusing the base but need to buy new screws.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220522-015744_Carousell~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220522-015744_Carousell~2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220522-015731_Carousell~3.jpg
    Screenshot_20220522-015731_Carousell~3.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Would anyone know the size of the screws that are connecting the metal pedestal base (underneath) to the vertical plastic piece for C7 TVs? See photos for details.
Not that I AM NOT referring to the screws used to attach the vertical plastic piece of the pedestal to the TV.
I have lost the screws after using the TV on a wall mount and I am now looking at reusing the base but need to but new screws.
Not sure but couldn't you connect LG and see if they can send you some? Or maybe buy something like this ..MEIYYJ 500pcs M2 M2.5 M3 Laptop Notebook Computer Replacement Screws Kit, PC Flat Head Phillips Screw Assortments, Countersunk SSD Electronic Repair Accessories for Sony DELL Samsung IBM HP Toshiba Amazon product ASIN B07HC8CJ68

Anyone had this before? Sat with the TV off. It turned itself on with this?
490C93DF-96A9-44B9-997B-C5981AE62268.jpeg

Not that I AM NOT referring to the screws used to attach the vertical plastic piece of the pedestal to the TV.
I have lost the screws after using the TV on a wall mount and I am now looking at reusing the base but need to but new screws.
DSC_0025~2.JPG

I'm not sure, I just took it out of my stand and took the picture.

The manual doesn't indicate what type it is as the stand is considered a single piece.

I'm having an issue with Netflix, where it starts to buffer the stream but gets stuck at 25%.

I've tested the connection to Netflix servers and all are okay and my wired connection gives me a speed of 91mb/s.

All other apps continue to work fine on the tv like Amazon, YouTube and Disney+.

I've called Netflix customer services and gone through the steps and it has not resolved the issue. According to them it's an ISP issue which doesn't add up as everything else works fine as do other devices like computers and phones.

It's solely an app issue on my C7. Has anybody else had the same problem?

Uninstall then reinstall the app.

Uninstall then reinstall the app.
I don't know how to do that. I've tried signing out and login back in again, as well as re-launching the Netflix app from the help and support section. None have made a difference. I've switched the TV off at the wall but no change.

I think there was an update a few weeks ago to the Netflix app and that might be the cause but I just can't find a solution, other than a full factory reset which I don't want to do. Maybe it will be resolved in the next app update.

Oddly it doesn't play any video content at all, even the intros and trailers for the programmes stay static when they usually play after a couple of seconds.

Hmm not sure then. Only time I had issues with it sticking at 25% was when I had a slow ass ADSL connection and it didn't have the bandwidth to load.

Maybe try logging into netflix via pc and tell it to log out of all current active accounts? Ive done that with spotify before when it was acting up and wouldn't connect to any streaming device.

Thanks, I have deleted the Netflix app and download/reinstalled it but it still has the same problem.
I had a similar problem. what i did was, log out of wifi and forget network then reset router and reconnect. Do you have skyQ? I ask because my phone used to do similar and its because it was connecting to the wifi spot on skyq box and wouldnt play Netflix or load pictures from twitter and other stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom