Quantcast

LG C7 OLED Owners and discussion thread

Nando10

Yep, that’s about right. It’s why the picture looks a bit rubbish and there’s nothing you can do to improve it.
Play an actual 4K programme and that bitrate will rise to 15.26. A big difference.
Ok thanks for that, so its nothing to do with the internet.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
Ok thanks for that, so its nothing to do with the internet.
Wouldn't hurt to check it.
There’s a speed check built in to Netflix in the settings. Look for “check your network“ and see what that says, anything over 20Mbps is fine for 4K Netflix, but for Power, no, nothing to do with internet speed at all.

Nando10

Wouldn't hurt to check it.
There’s a speed check built in to Netflix in the settings. Look for “check your network“ and see what that says, anything over 20Mbps is fine for 4K Netflix, but for Power, no, nothing to do with internet speed at all.
Thanks again. Its so annoying that it’s like this. I always thought Netflix was ok and now I’m being put off watching something I was enjoying because of picture quality.
3FC3D56C-7C4D-4B39-A5D7-23E49489EB70.jpeg

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
Thanks again. Its so annoying that it’s like this. I always thought Netflix was ok and now I’m being put off watching something I was enjoying because of picture quality.View attachment 1217080
Your internet connection is fine as long as your not trying to stream 2 or 3 things at once.
Find a true 4K thing to watch to make you feel better. :)
Unbelievable is superb if you want a recommendation.

Silva

Hi all. quick question to make sure I’m it missing anything here. I know it’s been spoken about before (prob many times) but can someone remind the situation regarding playing games in anything other than GAME mode on the TV?

Can I rename other HDMI’s to PC and get full colour etc with the same low input lag as Game mode in Standard, Vivid mode for example?

I’ve been using Game mode since day one but noticed the colours take a hit when in this mode. It a big deal but interested to hear what others have their settings on?

Reason I ask is because I read this last night on rting.c0m...

Update 04/24/2017: Turning on PC mode on any of the picture modes will result in input lag of about 21ms. 1080p outside game mode has been corrected after being re-tested.
Update 08/14/2017: webOS update 3.6 fixed the PC mode HDR issue, so 4:4:4 color can now be properly displayed in HDR content. The 4:4:4 + HDR input lag has been measured as ~21 for both 4k and 1080p, which is no different from the other low input lag measurements.

thanks

Hi can someone please measure their bezel size on a 55" c7 OLED. I have had the panel replaced today as a result of the red square problem and the replacement panel seems to have a much larger black bezel size than the orignal. It is also not really uniform in size. The top is 1cm, left is 1cm, right is 1.2cm and the bottom is 1.5cm.

I know it isn't as slim as the orignal screen so would be interested in what others have, the distance between the edge of the panel and the pixels appearing on the screen. Thanks.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
Hi can someone please measure their bezel size on a 55" c7 OLED. I have had the panel replaced today as a result of the red square problem and the replacement panel seems to have a much larger black bezel size than the orignal. It is also not really uniform in size. The top is 1cm, left is 1cm, right is 1.2cm and the bottom is 1.5cm.

I know it isn't as slim as the orignal screen so would be interested in what others have, the distance between the edge of the panel and the pixels appearing on the screen. Thanks.
As best as I can measure that seems the same as mine. The 0.2 difference left to right is probably pixel shift doing its thing.
The bottom is definitely bigger than the others.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
How do you check hours used again, struggling to find codes online ?

adbailey18

I use the Anymote app, use the ezy start button (something like that) and it's in there

steviedr

Distinguished Member
iOS app doesn’t have the button shown on the videos :(

GPF

What would be a fair price to ask for the 55" in mint condition? My C7 has served me very well but just moved up to a 55" C9 :)

adbailey18

What would be a fair price to ask for the 55" in mint condition? My C7 has served me very well but just moved up to a 55" C9 :)
I picked up a mint 55 C8 off the classifieds for 860 a few months ago. The seller had owned it from Jan I think.

I'd say you would poss need to look around 550-650, just my opinion though :p

Silva

Hi all.
Quick question. Just had another (I’m assuming) 2000hr pixel refresh notice appear on screen. My son pressed the ok button before I could read it and the tv turned off.

Obviously he wants the tv back on ASAP :/

So, how long do I have to wait and will it turn itself back on when done?

Or if it’s turned on during this time (as no doubt he will try) what will happen?

thanks.

GPF

I picked up a mint 55 C8 off the classifieds for 860 a few months ago. The seller had owned it from Jan I think.

I'd say you would poss need to look around 550-650, just my opinion though :p
Thanks mate. I had £600 in mins so I’ll go with that

Silva

Looked everywhere and it’s really not clear how long the forced pixel refresh should take or whether the tv is going to turn itself on in the middle of the night if I just leave it.

It’s been 3.5 hrs now since the message appeared while watching tv. Son clicked it away. Didn’t look like there were any options. But when he clicked the tv turned off. What next? I don’t want to interrupt it if it’s still going.

Any ideas please?

adbailey18

I'd be surprised if it takes more than an hour to do that kind if pixel refresh, I'd say after 3.5hrs you would be ok to turn on?

Silva

I'd be surprised if it takes more than an hour to do that kind if pixel refresh, I'd say after 3.5hrs you would be ok to turn on?
Thanks mate. God knows. That’s the thing. The last time I had this happen I turned it on after an overnighter and it still said I had interrupted the process.

I also don’t want it to turn on in the middle of the night as some people seem to mention. :/

last time the forced refresh ran it left me with the line down middle of screen that I got used too and possibly went away a little so I’m guessing it will be back again too!

the message is so vague and I didn’t get chance to read it

Last edited:

rob72

On the subject of Active HDR - who uses it?

I used to but I've weened myself off of it. Most of my HDR content is via my Panny UHD player with its HDR optimiser functionality so I've grown accustomed to that instead. I don't know how accurate Active HDR is meant to be as it does brighten the image considerably.
The HDR optimiser will have no effect on the vast majority of 4k uhd discs

mattius1989

The HDR optimiser will have no effect on the vast majority of 4k uhd discs
It makes a visible difference with most discs when you switch it on and off.

Toaster05

Novice Member
This thread has been quite enlightening with regards to panel replacement. My C6 was unrepaired and I got a C8 which is now showing an alarmingly similar problem to that which plagued the C7.

Last edited:

DaveNI1979

Thanks mate. God knows. That’s the thing. The last time I had this happen I turned it on after an overnighter and it still said I had interrupted the process.

I also don’t want it to turn on in the middle of the night as some people seem to mention. :/

last time the forced refresh ran it left me with the line down middle of screen that I got used too and possibly went away a little so I’m guessing it will be back again too!

the message is so vague and I didn’t get chance to read it
What way did yours turn out?

I went to turn TV off earlier and it asked me to run the automatic pixel refresher so I said ok. Doesn't it normally turn itself back on? Been nearly 4hrs and don't want to interrupt it