LG C7 Issue - small uniform squares?

djmmm

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just recently I've noticed that I can actually see small uniform squares lined up across the panel. It is mostly unnoticeable until the scene shows certain brightness/colour and it becomes really distracting.

I also notice that on certain screen I can see like split screen of completely different contrast, like the screen is made up of 2 panels glued together on 50/50 ratio (one side is sliiiiightly darker than the other).

Obviously this is not normal, but is it a common problem and do you guys know how to fix it? TV is 65" C7. I've uploaded the pic on the link below. It's a bit hard to take the pic showing the squares but you can see it. It is across the screen lined perfectly. Thanks guys
Imgur

Hi guys,
Just recently I've noticed that I can actually see small uniform squares lined up across the panel. It is mostly unnoticeable until the scene shows certain brightness/colour and it becomes really distracting.

I also notice that on certain screen I can see like split screen of completely different contrast, like the screen is made up of 2 panels glued together on 50/50 ratio (one side is sliiiiightly darker than the other).

Obviously this is not normal, but is it a common problem and do you guys know how to fix it? TV is 65" C7. I've uploaded the pic on the link below. It's a bit hard to take the pic showing the squares but you can see it. It is across the screen lined perfectly. Thanks guys
Imgur

Have you tried running a 'pixel refresher' cycle ?.

I have tried that several times. Still there. It doesnt look like stuck pixels but the squares do look like image burn but I know for sure they're not image burn as I've never watched anything with 2 rows of small squares perfectly lined up horizontally....

I suspect the squares are there because it's a low quality image you are viewing (compressed) but I don't notice one side of the panel being darker than the other?

Nope - it's all on all content - youtube, netflix 4k, etc. Actually theyre rectangles not squares.

Is this posterisation? If a decent quality sorce it could be due to your image settings. Have you tried any of the recommended settings knocking around here?

The 50:50 issue sounds like something else though.

As anticlaus105 says it would be worth looking at your settings (noise reduction etc.) That doesn't help with the other issue though unfortunately.

I got a reply from LG customer care - they asked me to do "clear panel noise" action and turn off TV for 15 minutes and repeat 2 more times.
Don't have this clear panel noise option on this TV, only pixel refresher. Not sure if it's the same or not though. Still waiting for their response.

Hi, I've just had this issue occur on my 55" B7 (instantly ok to not ok). djmmm, did you get to the bottom of it please? (I have performed a Pixel Refresh from the menu, no dif) Cheers, G

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom