LG C6 TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 3

I did this update yesterday and I've checked PQ in various apps Netflix, Amazon etc. and been on PS4 and XB1. All looks OK.

My historical problem was every now and again it would lose my Freesat TV guide totally and I would have to rescan. Doubt that's been fixed.

Thank you for the updates.
I was kind of hoping that iTunes app would be added to the store because they offer 4K movies at plain BD prices but I'm not gonna pay 200 dollars for an outdated and unneccessary piece of hardware for that privilege. :/
I read that 2018 and 2019 sets will have iTunes (or something similar).
I don't really understand why we don't.
I mean, it would be free money for Apple and people don't replace their sets every two years, that's ridiculous thinking.

Hi, Has anyone wall mounted the 65", will any 400 x 200 wall mount bracket will be ok?

Thank you for the updates.
I was kind of hoping that iTunes app would be added to the store because they offer 4K movies at plain BD prices but I'm not gonna pay 200 dollars for an outdated and unneccessary piece of hardware for that privilege. :/
I read that 2018 and 2019 sets will have iTunes (or something similar).
I don't really understand why we don't.
I mean, it would be free money for Apple and people don't replace their sets every two years, that's ridiculous thinking.

Exactly...
it´s the same thing with Low Latency Dolby Vision (2016 sets not compatible with it, how come?)

Yeah I have the yellow mark as well.

I've sorted everything with Richer Sounds now, but I've finally recieved a reply from LG. Took them over 2 weeks to reply.

"Good Morning.

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry that you have not been given an update before now and for any inconvenience it may have caused. Having spoken with our Management about your case we have two potential options for your consideration.

We do not manufacture 3D screens anymore so we are not able to repair your television to its original specifications. As such if we were to look into a repair for you the television would lose its 3D capability, however we would be able to offer you £30.00 of compensation, subject to final authorisation, for the loss of that function.

If this option is not amenable to you then we could look into providing you with either a replacement product, or a financial settlement to the current worth of the unit if there is no stock of appropriate replacements. Both of these would also be subject to final management authorisation and, as I have mentioned, we no longer manufacture 3D screens so any replacement products would be 2D only.

In response to your concerns about the condition of the unit at the point of sale and whether the product was fit for purpose, the designation ‘fit for purpose’ only applies to the point at which the unit is purchased. If a fault develops along the line, and it is the nature of electronic products that faults might randomly occur, the product cannot become ‘unfit for purpose'. If you disagree and wish to pursue this further under consumer law you will need to speak with your retailer as your legal recourse is with them.

Please have a think and let us know which of the available routes you would prefer to go down.

Kind Regards,
Rebecca | Resolutions Agent – Level 1

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk"

I asked if she'd forgotten a zero! It's a shame LG thinks so little of 3D.

£30!!!
£30!!!!!!

what a gesture

Just reading back over some people experiencing "pixel Wear"

I used to watch sky sports news fairly regularly, that was until I started to notice the sky sports news banner appeared to have burned into the screen, I now have a line around 1-2 inches high running across the bottom of my screen. Knowing that some tv's warned of burn in like this I have just accepted that I was foolish and will have to live with it.

Am I right though that some here are saying I shouldn't just accept it? I have had the TV for a few years now and purchased it from richer sounds

Just finished watching two 3D movies.

Spider-Man: Far From Home showed me how excellent post-conversions had become over the years (too bad the early ones killed the format...).

And House of Wax showed me how incredible real 3D pictures used to be in the (short) golden era of the 50s, when it wasn't studios' greed that killed the format but unfortunate technical difficulties in the cinemas. This is one of the greatest 3D movies ever made.

I can't believe how lucky I am to be able to enjoy these wonders in the comfort of my room - and also can't believe how incredibly stupid a lot of decision-makers were to kill the format that should be the golden standard for all movies now.

Soon I'll start to get rid of my BD and UHD BD collection because they are becoming easier and easier (plus cheaper) to stream - but I'll hold on to my 3D collection (300+ titles) like dear life because they cannot be substituted in any other way.

I really wish LG would make one 3D TV a year among their totally identical OLED TV "line", because my precious won't last forever..

I have decided to try ARC over HDMI rather than using the optical connection I have at the moment. However, I dont always use my AVR when watching regular TV so is it possible to set the TV so I get sound from the internal speakers when the AVR isnt switched on? or is it a case of when the TV is set to ARC via HDMI the sound always go to the external speakers?

I hope that makes sense!!!

Hi,
does anyone know how to change from the U.K. LG Content Store to the US LG Content Store? I have Smartdns and am wanting to download the Fandangonow App.

Tia

does anyone know how to change from the U.K. LG Content Store to the US LG Content Store?
I don't think it's possible to easily do this with the European models...

I have decided to try ARC over HDMI rather than using the optical connection I have at the moment. However, I dont always use my AVR when watching regular TV so is it possible to set the TV so I get sound from the internal speakers when the AVR isnt switched on? or is it a case of when the TV is set to ARC via HDMI the sound always go to the external speakers?

Hi

If its anything like my LG B6 and Yamaha soundbar, it will revert to internal speakers if AVR is not on.

I use ARC to my ysp2700 soundbar and although I always use the soundbar, I sometimes find it takes a bit longer to switch on, and while this is the case the internal speakers are being used until ARC has fully powered up my soundbar.

So you shouldn't need to set anything to do this.

Hi

If its anything like my LG B6 and Yamaha soundbar, it will revert to internal speakers if AVR is not on.

I use ARC to my ysp2700 soundbar and although I always use the soundbar, I sometimes find it takes a bit longer to switch on, and while this is the case the internal speakers are being used until ARC has fully powered up my soundbar.

So you shouldn't need to set anything to do this.
Thank you for the suggestion but I have just set the output to ARC HDMI and as soon as I do the internal speakers turn off. Looks like I will be sticking to the optical cable.

Thank you for the suggestion but I have just set the output to ARC HDMI and as soon as I do the internal speakers turn off. Looks like I will be sticking to the optical cable.

If I get some time at the weekend I will try to see if I can get the tv speakers outputting sound when I turn off my soundbar, without changing any settings.
I'm sure I could do this but perhaps I was wrong. I will let you know.

Given if you're switching from external to internal speakers you're going to be messing your sync up then I have no idea why you'd want to do this in any scenario.

Use ARC and always use your external speakers. Don't see why you wouldn't?

@AV Happy

Just tested, I turned my TV on, my soundbar turned on after a few seconds as well. I manually turned the soundbar off and my TV speakers started to output sound.

Bit strange why yours doesn't automatically revert to tv speakers.

My settings for sound:

HDMI output ARC/Optical and the other audio setting underneath is on auto/on, I presume your sound settings are identical to mine on the B6.

If I get some time at the weekend I will try to see if I can get the tv speakers outputting sound when I turn off my soundbar, without changing any settings.
I'm sure I could do this but perhaps I was wrong. I will let you know.
Thank you Gunner, that would be much appreciated, however dont waste too much of your time on it as I have the Optical connected and working I was just trying to reduce cables.

Given if you're switching from external to internal speakers you're going to be messing your sync up then I have no idea why you'd want to do this in any scenario.

Use ARC and always use your external speakers. Don't see why you wouldn't?
Simple really, I dont need or want the amp on if I'm just watching something like the news.
How would it mess up any sync??

Simple really, I dont need or want the amp on if I'm just watching something like the news.

Check my post a few up, I can get sound output without changing settings, different devices though, but I don't see why it shouldn't work for you.

But why wouldn't you use it? I use my soundbar all the time. I could use my internal speakers for the news - but why bother?

With Netflix you have to use the app and hit the Info button... Maybe it's the same for Disney+?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324_140018_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_20200324_140018_com.android.vending.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 49

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom