LG C6 TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 3

The Limey

Reaction score
xjnZ1v.jpg

This thread is a continuation of the discussion from here:
LG C6 TV Owners and Discussion Thread part 2

Site review and recommended settings:
LG C6 (OLED55C6V) UHD 4K TV Review

Oooo hi Guys, I just bought my self a C6 and was wondering how to make it look as good and bright as the really cool LCD nits monsters likes Samsung?

Thanks for all the help btw.

Also lets not forget about this one here on the first page:
LG C6 TV Owner Settings and Other Technical Aspects Thread

Attachments

• daredevil.jpg
    daredevil.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 533
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
There aren't many receivers that support Bluetooth headphones. My new Denon 6300 doesn't. Are you sure yours does?

Is the HDR Game Mode update to reduce input lag out yet in the UK? Can I download it from the LG website.

If so, do I just need a standard cheap USB stick to do that?

Ended up ordering these for late late night viewing when I wont be able to use my 5.3.2 surround sound.
They can connect both bluetooth and wired so I have an option in case BT connection does not work properly.
I also dont know if I should connect via BT to the TV or to the receiver. They should be here next week.
Amazon.com: Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo Headphones(Red): Home Audio & Theater
I've had these headphones for nearly 2 years. Absolutely the best I've ever had. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...W311a6XUu4T1y4sCA&sig2=aZ91N5EV4HGywMB7ewCvgg

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
There aren't many receivers that support Bluetooth headphones. My new Denon 6300 doesn't. Are you sure yours does?
Why wouldnt it? All you need is for the receiver to find the headphones bluetooth signal, I thought

Why wouldnt it? All you need is for the receiver to find the headphones bluetooth signal, I thought

Nope. It has to support the relevant Bluetooth profile

Reporting for duty in C6 clan! ;)
Oooo hi There Sebna, and welcome to C4(6) owner thread. How my we assistance in the path on your brand new tv?

You have the 32" right?

EDIT: Ugh, I just made a "youtube LG HDR" google search again for the first time this year, no news what so ever to be found yet. Just give it to me already.

Last edited:
249 GBP?? I believe you:)
Do you connect via bluetooth to receiver or to tv?
The optical cable from receiver to whichever source you use. I can plug it into tv to use with everything but i don't always get 5.1. That is one of the downsides but something i live with. I actually paid 200 so not sure why it says 249. Ive seen them for under 200 now.

The optical cable from receiver to whichever source you use. I can plug it into tv to use with everything but i don't always get 5.1. That is one of the downsides but something i live with. I actually paid 200 so not sure why it says 249. Ive seen them for under 200 now.
So you dont connect them via bluetooth?

Well set 3 seems ok so far as far as tint goes, although there is a dead white pixel near the top middle which I can just about see from my normal viewing position. Also when taking the plastic off the back I could clearly see that there is a gap between the panel and the electronics casing. On further investigation the top of the screen is bent backwards by about 10mm.

On both previous screens the yellowing was not the only issue - the first had vertical bands near black, and the second a vertical line visible on lighter backgrounds, including football pitches.

I have a 910 from last year which I passed on to my old man which has a yellow tint on the right hand side of the screen and I can assure you after a years worth of 10 hours/day on time on average, the yellow tint is the same as the moment I switched it on.

I am well aware that oled sets are not perfect, but for the money I paid I don't see how I should put up with issues that my previous plasma never had. OK the black level on it was poor compared to the OLED sets, but it could display a completely tint-free white screen, and there was no banding watching football.

I am going to check it on the football later and then watch a film tonight. If there's no obvious banding then I will overlook the dead pixel and bent screen, otherwise it's going back (for a refund this time I think).

That is my dilemma. I want to use BT connection but not sure if I should go about it using receiver or TV

Does your AVR support it or not??

Everest does indeed look a amazing in 3D. Ive managed setup amp up for atmos although xbox doesn't support it yet, i have to settle for dts x neutral. Not sure how much difference there is but sounds good so far.

Everest does indeed look a amazing in 3D. Ive managed setup amp up for atmos although xbox doesn't support it yet, i have to settle for dts x neutral. Not sure how much difference there is but sounds good so far.
DTS X Neutral is as close as Dolby Atmos as it gets

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom