Question LG c6 reception problems

jrl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope someone can help, I’ve been having problems with signal dropping and fluctuations for a while now
It seems to have started when Winter Hill had a reshuffling of frequency’s
My worst reception is on
Mux 32 562000khz
And mux 59 778000 kHz

But other mux’s seem ok

Mux 31 554000khz is 94% signal and 100% quality for example
I am reluctant to start moving my external aerial as some channels have good reception ( I have a signal booster / splitter in the loft )
Has any suggestions, I am wondering if it could be a problem with the tv tuner ?

Thanks

How old is your aerial? They are tuned to work with specific frequencies. If your local transmitter has shifted the frequencies it's using, it may be that they have moved onto a set that your aerial is not as sensitive to.

thanks FJ , thats something I hadn't considered , I cant remember exactly how long its been up , but its probably around three to five years , it looks similar to the ones that are on sale now , also there is a large tree in the way [ i'm in a bungalow ] but its obviously always been there

Hmm, if it's not that old, then it's less likely that's the issue.

Can you see the square bung on the end of the aerial and tell what colour it is?

Winter Hill is changing from a group c/d transmitter (green bung) to a group A transmitter (red bung). Yours is most probably black, which means it's wideband and covers the full range of tv frequencies.

I got the group info from Winter Hill Transmitter and the coloured bung info from Digital UK | Reception guide

Can't be sure but i think [ if any ] its probably black , iv'e uploaded some pictures
IMG_0999.JPG
IMG_1000.JPG

Channel 107 BBC news HD is currently zero signal, but can be 14/18 %. On occasion

Looks black to me.

Next question is, are you sure it’s properly aligned with Winter Hill?

How good is the quality of the cable feeding your aerial socket? Any chance water might have got in?

I’m trying to suggest cheaper solutions than going straight to blaming the TV [emoji846]

I am reluctant to start moving my external aerial as some channels have good reception ( I have a signal booster / splitter in the loft )
Does this mean you have other TV's connected to the same aerial. If so are they receiving healthy signals?

Depending on how many outputs your booster splitter offers it might be worth swapping the outputs around to determine if the one you're currently using is faulty.

Could be any of your suggestions, I was unsure if you could get a strong signal on some channels and nothing on others
I was thinking of changing the cable to the TV outlet socket, but it appears to have been partially plastered in behind the back box , I cannot understand why , it should have been an easy job to feed a new cable down the cavity
I now plan to try a different TV ( when I can get a hand moving it ) on the problem outlet
I just wanted to try and eliminate some of the options

Just seen your previous post ,see more digital ,I have three TV s on the signal booster and have better reception on the other two TVs than on my c6 , I’ve tried switching the outputs, and tried different boosters , but it makes no difference
As I posted previously I now plan to try a different TV on the problem socket when I can move it, hopefully it will narrow the problem down to either the TV or cable/aerial
Thanks for the input

OK, if the other TV's are working fine, then it's not your aerial and it's not the cable run to their sockets, assuming all feed of the main aerial. It could be that the cable going to your B6's socket needs to be re-terminated.

I’ve put a new coax socket on the wall ,made no difference , I would like to change the cable from the booster in the loft to the c6 outlet, but as I said previously it appears to have been plastered in , so I want to eliminate everything else first, my C6 is still under warranty so I could always call Curry’s if my other TV works ok on the outlet

You should hopefully have enough slack just to re-terminate it. basically, cut the end off and then strip the wire back to create a new connection. Just in case it has oxidised (although I doubt it will have).

What I really don’t understand is how the signal comes and goes ?

Appears to be sorted ( hopefully) rang curry’s “know how “ told me to do a factory reset and retune TVs now found different channels, and so far seems ok
BUT BE AWARE a 28min phone call ( half of it on hold ) cost me nearly £14 !!!
I suppose I should have checked the rate first !
Correction, the phone call didn’t cost anything,it was included in my allowance! My phone network screwed up and has now refunded the money
( still have signal problems)

Last edited:
Think ive finally sorted it , bought a new signal booster, seems to have Fixed the low signal problems, I had tried various boosters but they were all old ones

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom