LG C6 OLED

chuddy86

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi can anyone help. I've got a 55 of C6 OLED 18 month old and it's got screen burn from view sky news/sports along the bottom and a vertical band right down the middle of the screen. I got a 5 year guarantee with it () which by the sounds of it is as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike! I've phoned Curry's where I got it and they run a mile, so I went in store and they eventually phoned LG who said use the clear panel noise in the settings menu. I have done this loads of times and it doesn't shift it. They said if it's permanent they won't fix it. Now I've had it professionally calibrated by Jules who explained a lot to me about how the oleds work so I've always been vigilant with it. I paid best part of £2k for and think it's a terrible how they won't help. Does anyone have any ideas of the next move I can do?

I am in the same boat but with the 65" C6. This has permanent burn in on the right-hand side from using the inbuilt LG YouTube App.

LG's advice was to ring a company called Equinox who want the best part of £2.5k to replace the panel. Outside of this, there is no help at all.

I too have been careful with my set and now resigned myself to the fact that I will have to put up with it. Will think twice about OLED technology and LG when it comes to replacing it in 12 months time that is for sure.

I am in the same boat but with the 65" C6. This has permanent burn in on the right-hand side from using the inbuilt LG YouTube App.

LG's advice was to ring a company called Equinox who want the best part of £2.5k to replace the panel. Outside of this, there is no help at all.

I too have been careful with my set and now resigned myself to the fact that I will have to put up with it. Will think twice about OLED technology and LG when it comes to replacing it in 12 months time that is for sure.

What an absolute joke! Do you think you could take the to court or trading stsstanda?

Oh my, hope this is not an issue on the newer models too!!

Hi can anyone help. I've got a 55 of C6 OLED 18 month old and it's got screen burn from view sky news/sports along the bottom and a vertical band right down the middle of the screen. I got a 5 year guarantee with it () which by the sounds of it is as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike! I've phoned Curry's where I got it and they run a mile, so I went in store and they eventually phoned LG who said use the clear panel noise in the settings menu. I have done this loads of times and it doesn't shift it. They said if it's permanent they won't fix it. Now I've had it professionally calibrated by Jules who explained a lot to me about how the oleds work so I've always been vigilant with it. I paid best part of £2k for and think it's a terrible how they won't help. Does anyone have any ideas of the next move I can do?

Feel your pain, my lasted 22 months..Got nowhere with LG.. Sadly your tv is fubar now..Really hope you can get it sorted tho.

Sorry trading standards

Not sure what good it would do. Lesson learned for future purchases though. Will be keeping a keen eye on the 2018 models to see if this tech is worth continuing with when I upgrade next year

I'd definitely push it with the retailer that the tv wasn't fit for purpose, my e6 has just done 6000 hours and there isn't a hint of screen burn, I genuinely beleive there's a panel variance and some are more susceptible to burn in than others, they should be covered under warranty no questions asked, you buy a TV to watch it, if you then get screen burn because of watching it normally and not having static images on 24 hours a day 7 days a week, then to me the tv isn't fit for purpose, I would push the retailer and take it to the small claims court, I'm pretty certain that you'll either get a full refund or replacement if you're willing to take it all the way with them

I'd definitely push it with the retailer that the tv wasn't fit for purpose, my e6 has just done 6000 hours and there isn't a hint of screen burn, I genuinely beleive there's a panel variance and some are more susceptible to burn in than others, they should be covered under warranty no questions asked, you buy a TV to watch it, if you then get screen burn because of watching it normally and not having static images on 24 hours a day 7 days a week, then to me the tv isn't fit for purpose, I would push the retailer and take it to the small claims court, I'm pretty certain that you'll either get a full refund or replacement if you're willing to take it all the way with them

LG confirmed this to be the case to RTINGS during their latest burn in test.

Of course, eventually all OLEDS will burn in to some degree. That is the nature of emissive displays. But shouldn't be happening in less than a year!

LG confirmed this to be the case to RTINGS during their latest burn in test.

Of course, eventually all OLEDS will burn in to some degree. That is the nature of emissive displays. But shouldn't be happening in less than a year!

It's a joke really, I'm having a nightmare with my Q9fns. On my 2nd looks like a 3rd will be incoming..
All we want is a time that we can just turn on watch and nit have issues.. No wait, that ant going to happen ..:rotfl:

Hi thanks for the replys. Just to note my TV is the b6 and not the c6 sorry. Yea all I'm doing is viewing it normally and its definitely not fit for it's purpose! I done 5 panel cleans on the trott the other day and it still done nothing. LG said to take pictures of the burn and email them to them which I did on Thursday. Still no reply. It's got worse since i made this first post as now you can see the top line of when you go through the app. Also do you think I should be going at Curry's instead?

Hi thanks for the replys. Just to note my TV is the b6 and not the c6 sorry. Yea all I'm doing is viewing it normally and its definitely not fit for it's purpose! I done 5 panel cleans on the trott the other day and it still done nothing. LG said to take pictures of the burn and email them to them which I did on Thursday. Still no reply. It's got worse since i made this first post as now you can see the top line of when you go through the app. Also do you think I should be going at Curry's instead?
If it's within a year old I'd use LG, if over 12 months then use curry's, lg will repair it in your house, curry's will take it away for a few weeks

Just a quick update.. Curry's picked it up last week and they have replaced the screen. Having said that the bezeks on the top and bottom are much thicker and there is a dent on the side of the screen!! The saga continues...

Just changed the picture settings on my 12 year old Pioneer Kuro from sport to dynamic.
Hey presto I now have a Qled/Oled without any faults. The picture is amazing.

So just got my tv back again for the second time. Everything seems ok for now. They've replaced the full screen again. Happy so far. They won't be it's cost them 2x screens

Just thought I'd let ppl know I got all my money back (£1750) for the lg b6 Oled I got from Currys. Kind of put me off oleds for life now..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom