lg c2 why is dropped in price?

ctrp44

Novice Member
Reaction score
hello

i have been looking for months to potentially upgrade my tv, sony kd 55 af8. although there is nothing wrong with my current tv its more a burning itch of wanting new tech.

the lg c2 looks like a good option given the price. although i have noticed it has dropped dramatically over the last several months. even now its now less that £1300 on currys and their is a deal at the moment which includes a £400 sound bar for free.

my concern with this is that if the tv is dropping in price so significantly compared to it competitors is this indicative of issues with this model. aka picture burn in is still and issue. or perhaps the sound is lacking compared to it competitors to the extent that a free sound bar is needed to compete.

the other tv i have looked at is Sony a90j

No, there is unlikely to be anything inherently wrong with the TV - it could be something as simple as a retailer having way too much stock, lowering the price and then other retailers price-matching as a result.

It actually looks like it's a manufacturer promotion though - if you visit LG's website, they're discounting the RRP of many OLED models at the moment. The RRP of the 55" C2 is currently £1300, so retailers would struggle to sell it for any more than that.

The inclusion of a £400 soundbar does seem to be a particularly generous move by Currys - normally the free soundbars you'd get in a promotion would be much cheaper models or you might get a better model for half-price, rather than free.

Note that if you didn't want the soundbar, you could get the TV from Richer Sounds with an extra £100 off (so £1200).

the lg c2 looks like a good option given the price. although i have noticed it has dropped dramatically over the last several months. even now its now less that £1300

This is the standard yearly pricing cycle , it happens every year.

There is a new model every year , it is the most expensive on release , and steadily decreases throughout the year until it gets the least expensive on or around The "Black Friday" sales.

The C2 will be about 1100 around then .... though be warned , they sell pretty fast around that time and if you are not quick everyone will be out of stock.

just seems the c2 has dropped alot compare to sony models
That's not too surprising though - Sony are normally more expensive than other TV manufacturers.

We're only midway through the 2022 TV models normal selling period. If you want to buy a 2022 TV at it's cheapest price then 1Q to 2Q 2023 would be the optimum time but, meanwhile, if you were wanting the soundbar then that Currys LG C2 with free soundbar deal is going to be pretty hard to beat.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom