LG C2 vs Samsung S95B

heyho

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I nearly pressed the buy button on the Costco site for a LG C2 65. It is priced at £1717.

But today I noticed an offer from Richer sounds for the Samsung S95B 65 at £1699. That included 6 years warranty PLUS a 'free' Samsung HWQ700B soundbar priced at £699. I could easily utilise the soundbar in another room or even if I sell it for £200 that brings the unit price of the S95B to £1499.

I have done a lot of research and read lots of reviews and excellent posts on here. Seems to me there is very little to call with regards to the picture quality and I dont need the sound but the main issue is lack of Dolby Vision support on the S95B.

For someone that almost entirely watches his content through Virgin, Netflix, Prime, Disney etc is the lack of DV a big issue.

Yesterday I nearly pressed the buy button on the Costco site for a LG C2 65. It is priced at £1717.

But today I noticed an offer from Richer sounds for the Samsung S95B 65 at £1699. That included 6 years warranty PLUS a 'free' Samsung HWQ700B soundbar priced at £699. I could easily utilise the soundbar in another room or even if I sell it for £200 that brings the unit price of the S95B to £1499.

I have done a lot of research and read lots of reviews and excellent posts on here. Seems to me there is very little to call with regards to the picture quality and I dont need the sound but the main issue is lack of Dolby Vision support on the S95B.

For someone that almost entirely watches his content through Virgin, Netflix, Prime, Disney etc is the lack of DV a big issue.
I have a 55” S95 and a 77”Sony A80J ,the S95 replaces a 55”C1 and I do not miss DV one bit on the S95 ,content looks spectacular via Netflix /Prime/Apple TV /Iplayer ,the extra brightness and perfect uniformity of the S95 really shines

When I visited currys I was shocked at the quality of the s95b . Went home and googled and found multiple users with same issue I seen in shop. Coming from Samsung the tizen software I hate. I did think 1699 via richer sounds and soundbar was great price but I'm thinking of taking c2 over it... whilst I wait I am waiting for bugs to be fixed in the c935k.
65" is what I'm after.

When I visited currys I was shocked at the quality of the s95b . Went home and googled and found multiple users with same issue I seen in shop. Coming from Samsung the tizen software I hate. I did think 1699 via richer sounds and soundbar was great price but I'm thinking of taking c2 over it... whilst I wait I am waiting for bugs to be fixed in the c935k.
65" is what I'm after.
What issue is that ?

What issue is that
On the S95B the panel in the shop was actually bent. I thought it was my eye sight.
I'm a bit of a samsung geek everything in house is samsung including my washing machine 🤣 so if I end up with LG c2 it's gonna mess with some compulsive samsung disorder I must have!

On the S95B the panel in the shop was actually bent. I thought it was my eye sight.
I'm a bit of a samsung geek everything in house is samsung including my washing machine 🤣 so if I end up with LG c2 it's gonna mess with some compulsive samsung disorder I must have!
Ahh right ,mines straight ,I honestly think a lot of these panels are getting bent when installing the stand,I took care and placed in on a solid surface when doing it ,no issues at all .

Ahh right ,mines straight ,I honestly think a lot of these panels are getting bent when installing the stand,I took care and placed in on a solid surface when doing it ,no issues at all .
Yeah I think it's how people are taking them out the boxes. The samsung rep said to me "65" is worst for faulty design what one you after? Well emmmm 65" (0/10 for sales pitch) 🤣

Yeah I think it's how people are taking them out the boxes. The samsung rep said to me "65" is worst for faulty design what one you after? Well emmmm 65" (0/10 for sales pitch) 🤣
Even with the 55” I made sure 2 of us lifted it at all times ,small price to pay if it doesn’t bend 👍

Hehe, I know what you mean. However store personal hardly have a reputation for careful handling. As someone stated, it could be how the set was removed from the packaging, transportation or the manner in which it was stored..

Can I ask .. whats the shelf life of a s95b.

Also my problem I feel I face is dimming. C2 dims to point it goes nearly black in some shows.

I want the normal bbc , itv , netflix disney+ this worried me !!!

Also my problem I feel I face is dimming. C2 dims to point it goes nearly black in some shows.

Sadly most Oleds will do this. I did see Vincent’s video that the Sony A95k is less prone but it’s also £3k.

I had the same problem until I watched a YouTube video on c2 settings.
‘You have to turn off power saving feature…and other things, give it a look. 77 c2 best tv I ever owned

Last edited:
I have the LG c1 and with DV some dark scenes go from dark to lighter then dark again, really annoying.

If that’s DV then I wouldn’t be too concerned with not having it, as far as I can tell there’s nothing I can do to stop it either.

Not really fit for purpose

For someone that almost entirely watches his content through Virgin, Netflix, Prime, Disney etc is the lack of DV a big issue
I had the same problem until I watched a YouTube video on c2 settings.
‘You have to turn off all the auto brightness and other things, give it a look. 77 c2 best tv I ever owned

Thank you! The last couple of eps of House of the Dragon have been impossible to watch.

Is It still at this price in costco

Just checked and it seems to have sneaked up a bit to £1,749.99
Aaaggghhhhhhhh thank you for checking. Still OK I suppose with the 90 days return policy but will live in hope it drops again for Black Friday but still a lot cheaper than others. Thank you for checking for me it's really appreciated. Out of interest.. do you have online account or in store. Just weighing up if should pay for in store membership and take a trip in to see what's on offer

Aaaggghhhhhhhh thank you for checking. Still OK I suppose with the 90 days return policy but will live in hope it drops again for Black Friday but still a lot cheaper than others. Thank you for checking for me it's really appreciated. Out of interest.. do you have online account or in store. Just weighing up if should pay for in store membership and take a trip in to see what's on offer
You are welcome. A lot have helped me on here so it's the least I can do. I have a store card (which also allows online access - we appear to buy a lot of toilet rolls from there lol).

When it was at the cheaper advertised price I went into the store it was a pound cheaper (uhhhhh).

Hi all....I'm on the hunt for a TV and for the last few weeks I've been set on either a C2 or G2 depending on black Friday deals. However, today I watched some reviews of the S95B and I've had my head turned a bit. I'd be after the 55" model, budget is around £1500 tops but hoping to spend a lot less in a month if there are offers on.

In terms of usage it's the usual I guess with sky Q, netflix etc but I'm really looking for something great at gaming when I have the TV to myself at night. I guess all these TVs I've mentioned are fantastic but which one would you go for? I'm really struggling as I'm not an avid TV buyer so want to make the right choice and not have buyers regret!

Hi all....I'm on the hunt for a TV and for the last few weeks I've been set on either a C2 or G2 depending on black Friday deals. However, today I watched some reviews of the S95B and I've had my head turned a bit. I'd be after the 55" model, budget is around £1500 tops but hoping to spend a lot less in a month if there are offers on.

In terms of usage it's the usual I guess with sky Q, netflix etc but I'm really looking for something great at gaming when I have the TV to myself at night. I guess all these TVs I've mentioned are fantastic but which one would you go for? I'm really struggling as I'm not an avid TV buyer so want to make the right choice and not have buyers regret!
Can get the 55 Samsung for £1299 it even dropped to £1000 a few weeks back ..I think the LG c2 is 1299 plus £100 off..Best wait until black Friday sales they start a week or so before the event so not long to wait

55 S95B £1099 including 5 year warranty @ sevenoakssoundandvision

Prices are crazy at the moment on the C2 and S95B. C2 showing £1699 at AO and S95B the same price on seven oaks for the 65"

Doesnt make it easy does it. Anybody got a coin?

Has anyone had an LG C2 series and Samsung S95B together to compare brightness?

I am swayed towards the C2 (at the same price as the S95B) simply on the comments about build qulaity and the longer experience of LG with OLED technology BUT I do have that niggle that reviews are saying the S95B has better brightness but also false colour.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom