LG C2 (OLED65C2) OLED Evo TV Review & Comments

gaz847

If anyone has a 65" C2 on the base stand, can you confirm what the measurement is from the unit its stood on to the bottom edge of the TV. Thinking in terms or having a soundbar in front. I'd heard it sits higher than the C1 stand, but some actual measurement would be appreciated.

Assuming between 50-70 mm?
Hi, it is about 60mm.

tutu

Is it worth the extra money compared to a C1 when coming from a old 768p plasma?

Also the main factor I am considering is upscaling. Is it a big difference against a C1?

Family tv with a lot of cable tv content watched in SD resolution, but the tv is broke and also I use Netflix & prime so have a lot of 4K content to watch.

65 C1 is like £1300 online, and 65 C2 is £1850 from LG, but only with 1 year warranty.

Thanks

The C1 will blow away an old plasma. Not sure it's worth the price for the C2.

crackazz99

Got my C1 now and loving the picture .. not a huge step up from the b6 quality wise .. most impact is going from 55 to 65”

Interested to hear thoughts on default settings .. ootb oled brightness set to 100 across the board .. is that most people leave it on ? Expecting screen burn in to be much less of worry on this set so thinking that is fine to leave as is

Wez68

Distinguished Member
Got my C1 now and loving the picture .. not a huge step up from the b6 quality wise .. most impact is going from 55 to 65”

Interested to hear thoughts on default settings .. ootb oled brightness set to 100 across the board .. is that most people leave it on ? Expecting screen burn in to be much less of worry on this set so thinking that is fine to leave as is
Filmmaker mode is the most accurate, make sure all power saving turned off , and adjust brightness to suit

Lyricalis

Distinguished Member
Just got the 55inch version this morning.

Certainly right about how light these TVs are for the size. I was able to get it out of the box and set it all up on the stand on my own.

I'm sure the guy who delivered it up two flights of stairs also appreciated its lightness!

Only tried it on good old Freeview on SD at the moment (had to get back to work), but even in this mode the picture is a major step up from my previous TV. I can almost feel the TV sneering at me for making it display this though ;).

Not done any calibration or messed with any settings other than turning eco off and setting it to filmmaker mode.

Connected it to the sonos beam 2 I got at the same time without any issues.

And it does just about fit in the corner the 42 inch TV was in, though it does cut out a small amount of the nearest window. But who needs to see outside when the world looks nicer on this TV! :D

Trying out some other stuff on it will have to wait. I now have to put in some hours to pay for it!

Ron 123

Novice Member
Thanks Phil

I wonder if burn in will be as rapid as it was with my OLED 55b7v? This showed signs of burn in (not station ID burn in) within 7,000 hours. Now at about 15,000 hours most yellows are well off with central areas green. Still battling with John Lewis for a replacement.

Regards

Ron

AidenL

That's interesting.

I have a B6 at the moment. I thought there would be a big improvement to a C2 or a G2 perhaps.

Based on what you say there, probably no point in me upgrading?

Cooney

That's interesting.

I have a B6 at the moment. I thought there would be a big improvement to a C2 or a G2 perhaps.

Based on what you say there, probably no point in me upgrading?
I notice a big improvement on my 42C2 compared to my 55B7 and a larger improvement again on my 55G2.
Don't be put off by other comments. The best thing is to get and see one to make your own mind up.

Ron 123

Novice Member
Hi

I'm staggered that people still comment positively about OLED, because it just doesn't work. My LG (OLED 55b7v) purchased in July 2018 failed within 2 years. Both the retailer (John Lewis) and LG have failed to acknowledge that the product wasn't fit for purpose. I have LG promo stuff suggesting 100,000 hours of use (that's over 15 years at 18 hours a day). I am a big TV watcher and reckon at about 10 hours per day x 2 years so under 8,000 hours. Bear in mind this isn't station ident burn in. I estimate about 30% of the screen shows the "wrong" colour.

Now both John Lewis and LG have walked away from their guarantees I am pursuing the credit card route and will be grateful to hear from anyone else who bought into the idea that OLED is a viable medium term delivery technology.

Thanks, Ron

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom