LG C2 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion thread

Is everyone seeing this issue?
Wont impact me much as I dont use TV speakers haha
I actually don't use the TV speakers either.
I'm using an older receiver through and Optical connection.
The same issue occurs when the TV downsamples DD+/Atmos down to regular 5.1 DD. The front-right channel is silent.
I'm just using the built-in speakars as an example so they don't get fixated on external devices being the cause.

I actually don't use the TV speakers either.
I'm using an older receiver through and Optical connection.
The same issue occurs when the TV downsamples DD+/Atmos down to regular 5.1 DD. The front-right channel is silent.
I'm just using the built-in speakars as an example so they don't get fixated on external devices being the cause.
Ah thats annoying for those with older AVRs.
I got non HMDI2.1 so has ARC but not eARC. But planning on upgrading end of the year as I need 9.2 channels now for 5.1.4. Surprised you still using a AVR with Optical still. No plans to upgrade?

Ah thats annoying for those with older AVRs.
I got non HMDI2.1 so has ARC but not eARC. But planning on upgrading end of the year as I need 9.2 channels now for 5.1.4. Surprised you still using a AVR with Optical still. No plans to upgrade?
Just haven't had a reason, it's been working fine.
Not much of an audiophile, if I get 5.1 surround working right with my wired speakers I'm happy. HDMI devices work correctly on the C2, just not the WebOS streaming apps.

Keep in mind that this issue will affect all users who use the built-in speakers of their TV. Not just people with old AV-receivers.

Last edited:
The C2 is my first OLED after being a Samsung Q950TS and QN900A owner. I do miss the LED brightness and the better motion handling, but I'm an OLED convert. The picture quality is top notch and I'm really enjoying the TV.

I do have one problem with the C2 which I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced? I have a Samsung HW-900T soundbar, but since changing to the LG I can't get my Xbox Series X to detect Dolby Atmos at all (without connecting direct but pointless as the bar doesn't support HDMI 2.1). Not a massive issue issue considering the lack of Atmos supported games, but it is a feature I'm now missing out on.
Ugh sorry to hear. I have been awaiting for someone with this exact same set up to see if they had issues. This has been an issue since the CX and still looks to not be fixed on the C2.

I think you will find there is no fix :(

Hi,

I have had my LG 65C7 TV for over 4 years now, and I have been really pleased with it (especially as I had it calibrated)...

I was wondering if there is anywhere that has done a comparison (either video or written) between the 65C7 and the new 65C2 models, so that I can see what I would get for my £2000...

I have looked, but couldn't find any direct comparison...

Many thanks!

Edit:...and I suppose the other question would be, if going from a 65C7, would I be better off (big enough upgrade) jumping to the C1 rather than the C2, seeing as the C1 is only £1079 compared to £2000 for the C2?

Thanks...

Last edited:
There are still some decent discounts and offers about, spotted over on hotuk deals

Couldn't get the above to work but might work on your LG account (try it) , they got an 25% discount code off the OLEDs. Also some discounts on existing and older OLEDs: TVs: LG Televisions, OLED & 4K Smart TVs | LG UK

Some got it to work on the C2 42" making it £955. When I tried the discount code
it didnt work but then it changed and now works, warning though only 1 year warranty
and really id suggest paying the extra for 5 years. Costco not bad deal on and you
could use the voucher also below:

Costco got an £70 gift voucher if you spend over £700 also here:

Probably tons more offers on OLEDs during these Jubilee bank hols so check hot uk deals.

Last edited:
Has anyone used audio passthrough from XSX via C2 to a Dolby Atmos capable audio system/soundbar? With my C1 I ended up with horrible audio lag and had to connect the console to the soundbar directly.

Any ideas if this has been fixed?

Has anyone used audio passthrough from XSX via C2 to a Dolby Atmos capable audio system/soundbar? With my C1 I ended up with horrible audio lag and had to connect the console to the soundbar directly.

Any ideas if this has been fixed?

Is this with the Q900A or HT-A9? With the Q900a LG, Sony and possibly even Panasonic have had the same issue (none functioning MAT passthrough so the TV has to decode into DD+ atmos which causes lag). Samsung have addressed this with their soundbars for 2022 and Passthrough now works, so If I was to guess I would think the C2 will have the same problem with that specific soundbar

Is this with the Q900A or HT-A9? With the Q900a LG, Sony and possibly even Panasonic have had the same issue (none functioning MAT passthrough so the TV has to decode into DD+ atmos which causes lag). Samsung have addressed this with their soundbars for 2022 and Passthrough now works, so If I was to guess I would think the C2 will have the same problem with that specific soundbar
This was with the Q900A soundbar and the C1. Sounds like the HT-A9 shouldn’t have the issue with whatever tv then hopefully

This was with the Q900A soundbar and the C1. Sounds like the HT-A9 shouldn’t have the issue with whatever tv then hopefully

I would say so mate, as you have the ht-a9 already perhaps you could just take the little box to the c1 connect to the earc port and set the lg to passthrough, if working as expected the Xbox should show a tick with everything apart from dts related codecs. Whereas currently with the Samsung bar the LG needs to be on auto to get a tick for atmos (which is what I believe causes the lag)

I currently have a CX55. I've been impressed with the reviews of both the C2 (with evo panel) and G2. Would I really notice an improvement moving from a CX55 to a C255?

The G2 is currently £500 more expensive and comes without a stand. Is it really worth the extra money?

I know some of this is subjective but would be interested in views from owners. Cheers.

Can anyone else confirm (or not) whether they have the following volume issue with (e)ARC when switching between UK Freeview HD channels to SD, e.g. going from BBC 1 HD to BBC 1 for local news.

42 inch C2 connected to Marantz NR1711 receiver produces a large increase in volume when going from HD to SD channel - I don't think it's due simply to level differences between differing audio formats because if I then switch to another SD channel (and back to BBC 1) the volume lowers again!

Likewise changing a sound setting like enabling/disabling eARC on the TV, having gone to BBC 1, has the same effect of reducing the volume (to more closely match BBC 1 HD) but the volume drop doesn't stay when changing again BBC1 HD -> BBC1.

The change in volume occurs whether eARC is enabled or not and with audio set to "Auto" or "Pass Through", all auto volume setting I can see are turned off.

This doesn't occur via the built in TV speakers.

Does anyone else get the same thing using a Marantz (and I assume Denon) or other brand of receiver?

Thanks.

I currently have a CX55. I've been impressed with the reviews of both the C2 (with evo panel) and G2. Would I really notice an improvement moving from a CX55 to a C255?

The G2 is currently £500 more expensive and comes without a stand. Is it really worth the extra money?

I know some of this is subjective but would be interested in views from owners. Cheers.

Wouldn't bother in the slightest, I had an CX and C2, very little difference in the picture quality but mine was 48" and then 42" C2, yes the C2 has better technology behind it but to change imo the difference is not justified, it would have to be QD-OLED tech (2nd or 3rd gen) or a drastic change in OLED tech, maybe in 2024 or 2025 ranges.

You would be better off creating an future TV jar and putting away money into it and waiting, then and you know come December or Jan we probably will start hearing about 2023 series anyhow.

If you wanted to improve on your picture quality, an idea maybe to get an decent TV calibrator in, that probably would make a better difference and be much cheaper.

Last edited:

I have a 55 inch CX and a 65 inch C2. My CX is absolutely fantastic. No reason to upgrade. Unless you want to.

Wouldn't bother in the slightest, I had an CX and C2, very little difference in the picture quality but mine was 48" and then 42" C2, yes the C2 has better technology behind it but to change imo the difference is not justified, it would have to be QD-OLED tech (2nd or 3rd gen) or a drastic change in OLED tech, maybe in 2024 or 2025 ranges.

You would be better off creating an future TV jar and putting away money into it and waiting then and you know come December or Jan we probably will start hearing about 2022 series anyhow.

If you wanted to improve on your picture quality, an idea maybe to get an decent TV calibrator in, that probably would make a better difference and be much cheaper.
Thanks for that. I love my CX but I've got the urge for something new and shiny! I was hoping that the C2 evo would be a noticeable upgrade to the CX.

I have a 55 inch CX and a 65 inch C2. My CX is absolutely fantastic. No reason to upgrade. Unless you want to.
Does the evo panel not make a difference?

Thanks for that. I love my CX but I've got the urge for something new and shiny! I was hoping that the C2 evo would be a noticeable upgrade to the CX.
Like i said, I’ve noticed it’s brighter going from CX to C2

But it’s all subjective, I just know this was a breeze setting wise from the CX, but the CX is still a good TV

Is anyone having an issue with Disney+ on their set? Mine randomly just stops to a black screen - can back out of it to the menu screen and start whatever I was watching from when it stopped, but symptoms keep returning.

I tried uninstalling the app, but then it wouldn’t re-install. No error message, just sat there doing nothing. Ended up having to factory reset the TV - and then the issue came back again anyway.

Only happens with Disney+, all the other streaming apps I use are fine

I’d like to try and get this resolved without having to go through LG’s awful first line support of possible…

Hello, I've just registered to ask if any one having a Dolby Atmos Playback Decoding issue?

When I play atmos encoded content, I get no sound from the right channel at all. That's from the tv speakers. AC3 5.1 encoded content seems to be playing fine. Firmware is the latest, 03.11.10

You can try the following video from youtube on your tv to check/confirm please?

EDIT: I've searched and saw some posts regarding the same issue. So it looks like I'm not the only one, there is an issue with the downmix done by the TV. Hopefully it can be fixed with a firmware update.

Last edited:

Does the evo panel not make a difference?

I think VT sums it up best in his conclusion with his C9 vs CX vs C1 video shown here:

He basically said just go for the cheapest.

You could then watch his C1 vs C2 comparison conclusion here

He basically said just go cheapest again, I believe the Jist of it all is not much difference really.
But if you really want the best wait for the special deals mentioned here

Evo panel will make a difference but only with 55"+, you get all the extra goodies with bit more better brightness, so better shadow detail and better HDR impact.

If you could sell off your CX or existing TV or just have extra funds, then it makes sense but imo LG have not done enough to warrant existing OLED owners to upgrade.

Last edited:
I think VT sums it up best in his conclusion with his C9 vs CX vs C1 video shown here:

He basically said just go for the cheapest.

You could then watch his C1 vs C2 comparison conclusion here

He basically said just go cheapest again, I believe the Jist of it all is not much difference really.
But if you really want the best wait for the special deals mentioned here

Evo panel will make a difference but only with 55"+, you get all the extra goodies with bit more better brightness and, so better shadow detail and better HDR impact.

If you could sell off your CX or existing TV or just have extra funds, then it makes sense but imo LG have not done enough to warrant existing OLED owners to upgrade.
I’ve seen all the video’s from many of the reviewers, still can’t decide if it’s a C1 or C2. A side by side in a shop won’t do any good either…

I noticed something interesting in one of those VT comparisons, might explain why I found problems with black shadow detail or why everything was pitch black on my 42" C2.

CX better shadow level detail then C1 and perhaps C2.jpg

VT mentioned how the CX still showed more shadow detail on the CX, then the C1. I ran the same Mark sydow pattern test on my C2 and it looked similar to the C1. LG apparently done this to fix an overshoot issue in dark scenes or so I am told. Its also possibly my C2 was just not so good out the box either.

Calibration would fix this issue though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom