LG C2 OLED 42 inch - Optical sound issues with Audiolab 6000a

Timberr

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have the above TV connected to Audiolab 6000a via optical cable. The sound cuts out for about 1/10 of a second, every 5 or so seconds, which makes for very annoying listening. I had to set the sound as 'TV + Optical Out', turning the TV volume all the way down, this was because of a 'static' sound on digital channels. Do I have a dodgy cable or is something else happening? Thanks.

I have the same problem on a LG 42 c2, I have tried some cables and the problem persists... have you been able to solve the problem?

Not experienced such issues with sound cut outs, I take it you guys have updated the latest TV and also latest Audiolab or Hi-Fi device firmware?

I had my 42C2 connected via optical out, sound mode on the 42C2 was set purely as optical output to a Topping Dx3 amp not the Speaker+optical setting, no cut outs at all with any source (cable/Sat TV or Nvidia shield or PC) via optical.

Its worth trying a new and shorter optical cable and a new hdmi cable just in case, some cables are more prone to damage if you bend the wires too much even especially the fibre optic or perhaps optical cables.

I have the same problem on a LG 42 c2, I have tried some cables and the problem persists... have you been able to solve the problem?
Yes, I contacted Audiolab via their website and they sent me the latest firmware update for the 6000a. Put it on a USB stick and did the update. Works perfectly now.

Yes, I contacted Audiolab via their website and they sent me the latest firmware update for the 6000a. Put it on a USB stick and did the update. Works perfectly now.
Hi Timberr,
I have the same issue of sound cuts on the same installation, updating to latest v33 didn't fix the issue on my side. What is the version you have? And maybe the settings you use could have an influence. Thanks in advance

Hi Timberr,
I have the same issue of sound cuts on the same installation, updating to latest v33 didn't fix the issue on my side. What is the version you have? And maybe the settings you use could have an influence. Thanks in advance
Hi there, something else you might want to look at is the connection. I noticed that the cable to my OP1 input was quite loose, changed it to OP2 and it solved it (it was much tighter). Although the OP1 input cover broke off, which is a known issue with the 6000a.

Well, putting it on OP2 helped in some way, since there is a new setting apparently with latest firmware versions (i updated to V33 from V28) availalbe for DG2 and OP2. So, from the menu, you can change a setting on those inputs from NORMAL to WIDE (setting are PLL DG2 and PLL OP2). It seems better so far, I have to test thoroughly though!
Check the article on this site that will give a more through explanation:
And thanks for your answer Timberr!

Well, putting it on OP2 helped in some way, since there is a new setting apparently with latest firmware versions (i updated to V33 from V28) availalbe for DG2 and OP2. So, from the menu, you can change a setting on those inputs from NORMAL to WIDE (setting are PLL DG2 and PLL OP2). It seems better so far, I have to test thoroughly though!
Check the article on this site that will give a more through explanation:
And thanks for your answer Timberr!
Thank you for the link to the article, I shall have a read. No worries, glad it helped. Sound issues can be so irritating.

I have had this same issue with the 9000a (latest firmware). Very annoying and disappointing. The 'wide' option for opt2 seems to solve the issue, but my concern is that this incompatibility (maybe with LG TVs, maybe with certain streams) might become an issue in the future. I would be slightly reassured if opt1 also had the 'wide' option.

There will no point complaining to LG, because all you'll get is the stock response of "incompatible equipment". It's the stock response I got when I first reported the infamous lip sync issues that seem to plague so many LG owners.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom