LG C2 + 3070 - HDMI Deep Colour No Signal Issue

chivs890

Novice Member
Just got an LG C2 42" and connected it to my PC (3070 GPU).

With 'HDMI Deep Colour' on in the LG settings, every time I boot my PC or it wakes from sleep I get the 'No Signal' screen.

I have to repeatedly switch 'HDMI Deep Colour' on and off sometime 10+ times, then eventually it finally sticks and shows the PC screen.

Have a perfectly good Zeskit cable, and works perfectly once it makes it to the PC screen, but this happens every single time and is becoming a real pain :(

Anyone know about this issue with LG TVs?

Googling it seems like this is a common issue, and goes back several generations of LG TVs. I just can't imagine people are just dealing with this when running their PC on an LG OLED, really hoping there's some way to get around it.

next010

Distinguished Member
This is something that may have multiple causes even if the end result of no signal is the same.

Over the years some causes I've noticed
1) Disable the Live Plus feature in TV.

2) Turn off quick boot in windows.

3) Do try another cable, something that only partially works doesn't mean its okay, it could be some kind problem with the cable that is interfering with the handshaking.

4) If its not the cable use DDU to purge your Nvidia driver and monitor driver (monitor must be manually checked in DDU settings) recommend making a backup before doing this. Then reinstall the Nvidia driver and hope this clears it.

chivs890

Novice Member
This is something that may have multiple causes even if the end result of no signal is the same.

Over the years some causes I've noticed
1) Disable the Live Plus feature in TV.

2) Turn off quick boot in windows.

3) Do try another cable, something that only partially works doesn't mean its okay, it could be some kind problem with the cable that is interfering with the handshaking.

4) If its not the cable use DDU to purge your Nvidia driver and monitor driver (monitor must be manually checked in DDU settings) recommend making a backup before doing this. Then reinstall the Nvidia driver and hope this clears it.

Sadly have tried all of these steps, even installed Windows 11 to test, but same issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom