LG C1

Spence0108

Hi all have been looking to upgrade my TV and finally get an oled. Have been looking at purchasing the LG c1 48. I mainly use my TV for gaming and have a ps5 and xbox series x. I have been offered to buy one for £999.99 and was wondering should I jump at this deal now or wait until black Friday to see if the price goes any lower. Any advice or other recommendations would appreciated.

TIA

Last edited:

Dodgexander

Its not a bad price given the 48" models tend to be overpriced to begin with, together with this time of year prices being heightened since TVs have just been released.

Mind you, its still not great value when you think the 2020 55" CX was recently available sub £900 from Costco:

If you're limited in size, how much can you get last years CX for?

Hard to say with Black Friday and pricing. Typically its the best time to start shopping for a new model each year, but if you look at the price trends on smaller OLEDs they don't budge much, if at all. In fact, they have been more expensive than 55" models on average.

Spence0108

Its not a bad price given the 48" models tend to be overpriced to begin with, together with this time of year prices being heightened since TVs have just been released.

Mind you, its still not great value when you think the 2020 55" CX was recently available sub £900 from Costco:

If you're limited in size, how much can you get last years CX for?

Hard to say with Black Friday and pricing. Typically its the best time to start shopping for a new model each year, but if you look at the price trends on smaller OLEDs they don't budge much, if at all. In fact, they have been more expensive than 55" models on average.
From what I can see the 55" CX is £1099 currently. The 48" being £999 although the 48" seems to be out of stock everywhere I have looked apart from Argos which is priced at £1049. I could probably be able to squeeze up to a 55" but would be very tight.

Dodgexander

From what I can see the 55" CX is £1099 currently. The 48" being £999 although the 48" seems to be out of stock everywhere I have looked apart from Argos which is priced at £1049. I could probably be able to squeeze up to a 55" but would be very tight.
TV pricing can change pretty fast, deals come and go. The price you have isn't bad at all, especially for this time of year. Its just that a 'good' price for the 48" is really not great when you look at 55" model value. Apart from the deal posted in the OLED price change thread for the 55CX there's also the Philips 55OLED705 selling for £900.

What's your viewing distance? Most people are viewing too far already from 55" and 65" TVs to benefit from the extra detail from the increase in resolution.

Spence0108

TV pricing can change pretty fast, deals come and go. The price you have isn't bad at all, especially for this time of year. Its just that a 'good' price for the 48" is really not great when you look at 55" model value. Apart from the deal posted in the OLED price change thread for the 55CX there's also the Philips 55OLED705 selling for £900.

What's your viewing distance? Most people are viewing too far already from 55" and 65" TVs to benefit from the extra detail from the increase in resolution.
My viewing distance is probably about 8ft currently

Spence0108

Just measured from screen to viewing point is 7ft but I can move the TV to 6 and half ft from screen to viewing point

Dodgexander

Have a read of: TV Viewing Distance Guide

The chart at that distance puts you in line with starting to notice 4k vs 1080p on a 55". Your viewing distance also makes sense with other metrics for calculating distance vs screen size like the SMPTE and THX. Just bear in mind these metrics were based on HD TVs, rather than UHD models.

Ace Of Wands

Hi all have been looking to upgrade my TV and finally get an oled. Have been looking at purchasing the LG c1 48. I mainly use my TV for gaming and have a ps5 and xbox series x. I have been offered to buy one for £999.99 and was wondering should I jump at this deal now or wait until black Friday to see if the price goes any lower. Any advice or other recommendations would appreciated.

TIA
Did you make a purchase in the end? What price did you pay?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom