LG C1 with Denon AVR-X3400h - Sound Issue ARC working eARC not

luke_1983uk

Hi all

Just a quick one that someone here might understand

I have a Apple TV and when directly connected to the amp I get Dolby Atmos and its also displayed on the amp.

but in order to get the best out of the tv I decided to rewire it all to the TV,

HDMI from Apple TV directly into the LG C1 with the HDMI going from the TV to AMP via HDMI 2 which has eARC support to get the sound that way.

My problem

If I do this and set the LG to just ARC I get Atmos, when I turn the TV to eARC I lose it?

Im so confused why this is happening, I have upgraded all my cables so that isn't the issue.

If anyone has any advice it'll be greatly appreciated

next010

Distinguished Member
There are various forms of Atmos;
Dolby Digital Plus used by streaming services (ARC).
Dolby TrueHD used by Blu-ray (eARC).
Dolby MAT used more for gaming (eARC).

The ATV streaming services only support DDP Atmos so regular ARC is just fine. The ATV does support using Dolby MAT but unless you have latency issues your unlikely to see any benefit.

For eARC on WebOS you need
eARC = enabled
HDMI input format = bitstream
Digital sound output = pass-through

luke_1983uk

That’s awesome to know, so regular ARC will be fine.

One question though

Why does the dialog channel cut out and I can only hear background noise when I turn eARC on?

The amp also just says direct rather then Dolby Atmos

d0x360

Novice Member
There are various forms of Atmos;
Dolby Digital Plus used by streaming services (ARC).
Dolby TrueHD used by Blu-ray (eARC).
Dolby MAT used more for gaming (eARC).

The ATV streaming services only support DDP Atmos so regular ARC is just fine. The ATV does support using Dolby MAT but unless you have latency issues your unlikely to see any benefit.

For eARC on WebOS you need
eARC = enabled
HDMI input format = bitstream
Digital sound output = pass-through
Dolby DMAT is really Dolby TrueHD & Atmos. Dolby actually calls it Atmos 2.0 because it sounds much better due to the better audio format.

The TV can't decide it but it can pass it though. Unfortunately it causes sync issues but once new receivers that actually work with 2.1 come out it's going to be amazing.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom